PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] If you get a keylogger/virus/trojan..

Steve330
03-12-2004, 02:53 PM
If ur stupid enough (like me) to think u can trust a person when asked to visit a website, and end up with a virus, heres how to sort it out safely.

First of all come out of habbo. This way, theres no chance of the trojan "hacking" your habbo and taking your furni.

Then the next step is to see if your virus sortware can fix the virus. Quite often it won't be able to because the virus will be quite rare. If this is the case don't panick because the virus can still be removed.

Even if ur virus sortware says it has sorted out the virus its better to be extra safe than sorry by continuing with the following steps as well..

Ur computer should have a revert back option. In other words ur computer should have an option to send the computer back in time to the time before u got the virus. For people using windows xp theres something called "system restore", which all windows xp users have. To get there go to start -> programs -> accessories -> system tools -> system restore

If ur not using windows xp im not sure if windows 98 has the same option but i think it might.

Alternatively if u have norton antivirus u might have also installed a program that came with norton called "goback". This is a much better than the system restore because it starts itself up before windows does, so if the virus has stopped windows from working then u'll still be able to sort it out.

Make sure not to revert back too far because if u go too far u might end up losing any important files u've made.

If u don't have any virus sortware or a system restore device, then i don't have any suggestions.

If u search for the virus name on google, u should find websites which tell u how to remove the virus without having virus software, but without having virus software u won't know what the virus is called..so thats a bit pointless.

Hope this helps. Hopefully none of u will end up having to follow these steps.

Jane
04-12-2004, 05:13 PM
The system restore doesnt delete the virus, I dont think...But if you have norton just run scans and delete it that way.

GommeInc
04-12-2004, 05:28 PM
Norton isnt that good Janeh, it normally misses them out.

Jane
04-12-2004, 07:25 PM
When Ive had trojans its always found them ..

devildan1
04-12-2004, 07:26 PM
ok thanks your a great help

KevSays
20-12-2004, 01:14 PM
I got Trojan to.... sad people those people who scam/hack/keylog but luckily I got Norton's firewall or whatever and it's helped...

Mendonky
20-12-2004, 01:18 PM
When Ive had trojans its always found them ..

but not all virusues have been discovered. hackers are creating viruses and keyloggers every day, with different effects and different properties, not all virus software can get them all. plus norton is a virus software, it doesn;t realy work much woth keyloggers.

Jane
20-12-2004, 08:26 PM
but not all virusues have been discovered. hackers are creating viruses and keyloggers every day, with different effects and different properties, not all virus software can get them all. plus norton is a virus software, it doesn;t realy work much woth keyloggers.

Thats why I have SpySweeper too

Mendonky
20-12-2004, 10:37 PM
Thats why I have SpySweeper too

well sorry but u didn;t say that :eusa_shif u just sed norton. is sptsweeper free? if so where can i get it?

Adzeh
24-12-2004, 08:23 PM
sound advice mate.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!