PDA

View Full Version : BRAND NEW HANDHELD COMING OUT !! - LOOK HERE!

smurf-you
08-01-2006, 06:01 PM
OMG OMG, YOU KNOW APPLE, they have decided to give there try in the next gen consoles, by making a handheld called the.... (DRUMROLE)

Iriver, ok don't let the name put you off !

It looks smart and handsome but i believe it doesn't have features, IE: JOYSTICK. HOWEVER This is a biggy, they say it comes with WINDOWS CE, which means - all you hackers out there welcome to a whole new gen!

Ok, enough of my BLA

here is some pictures

https://home.comcast.net/~animebebop/pspcrazy/g1001.jpg

The iRiver G10 is allegedly going to atleast at first run on korea's slightly longer range but slower WiBro wireless networks starting sometime in 2006. The iRiver will sport a widescreen 800 x 480 Pixel 26k color display, include either 4 or 8GB of storage and run Windows CE 5.0 and sources indicate it will be on dsplay at CES so their will be alot more specs givin out after that.

https://home.comcast.net/~animebebop/pspcrazy/g1002.jpg

Now this thing does sound pretty nice, but i want to see a price point first, if this thing were coming out of apple it would be like $500-$600 easy. This could easily be a good console hardware wise but iRiver isn't a gaming company, they might not be able to get into the gaming market as easy as a huge company like M$. Also there's no mention of game media, nor of any game makers that will be making games for it.

EAT YOUR HEART OUT SONY

Sank
08-01-2006, 06:33 PM
Wow, that looks really nice.

Also the graphics looks cool too!

Jordan3
08-01-2006, 07:01 PM
iRiver are actually a make of MP3 Players owned by Apple.

smurf-you
08-01-2006, 07:19 PM
Yeah, thats what i thought, but that's what they say there going to call it.

However i think they should name it something more 'attractive'

:eusa_danc

I am impressed with the big screen though, but it only has 27k colours, a lot less then PSP

Lord Zero
08-01-2006, 08:36 PM
Get ready for a storm of corporate propaganda. Apple are going to need to start luring the stupid kids that want to keep their 'cool' factor up.

Magnet
08-01-2006, 08:41 PM
Yes, I read about this on www.pspcrazy.com.

It seems as though it will have a large memory storage. And please tell people you cut and pasted that from PSPcrazy, lmao. Are you sure it's Apple? On PSPcrazy it says iRiver has made a new iRiver G10 WiBro gaming system. Heh, I might get this, let's see what happens.

EDIT: Read above posts, iRiver are a company of Apple. xD

smurf-you
08-01-2006, 09:02 PM
According to Akihabara News, an iRIVER portable game system will be unveiled at CES 2006. Dubbed the G10, the handheld will play 3D games on a 800x400 screen. From the article: "The parent company of iRIVER, Reigncom, has announced the G10 for CES 2006. It's a console similar to the PSP or Nintendo DS but it runs on Windows Mobile 5 and has between 4 and 8GB of storage space."

Yeah, i'm not sure which company made it, i don't really understand it ;/

Yeah and i forgot to say i copied it for pspcrazy, but there is no edit button now:(

So... thanks www.pspcrazy.com

I'm not sure, i think it will need more features like a Joystick, better graphics and if it does come with 4 - 8 gb memory, that'll be great but maybe they can add a harddrive like ipod, then i think this will be great.

THOUGH NOT VERY PORTABLE!

Tommy
08-01-2006, 09:09 PM
Well isnt this a nice little twist!
Im all the way with apple, there amazing with what they do and are far better at mp3 players, and they have tried games already, such as on the ipod video. Not great games but yeh. Im certainly going to try and get one. All the best for apple. Its about time someone who knows what there doing got into the buisness!

Bear-Max
08-01-2006, 11:09 PM
I read this on GameCentral on Friday, but I hadn't seen any pictures. Thanks for those smurf :)

Although, iRiver isn't an Apple company - they're completely independant and make MP3 players to rival it iPod :)

Wayne
08-01-2006, 11:14 PM
Hmm, looks alright. The graphics look awesome.

HUGECOOL
09-01-2006, 01:37 AM
Lmao. I was gonna post that last night, but I got lazy. m___m

Yeah. the media player is actually the iRiver G10 and it's already been dubbed the "PSP Killer", and I think it will live to its name. ;D

In addition to smurf's post, the media player will also have a 4-8 GB hard drive built right in. ;D This will come in handy when downloading flash games and other media through it's Wi Fi connection.

It looks like it's going to be a battery hog (like the PSP) since it'll need it for its big screen and HD accessing. Wi Fi also drains the battery. ;{

Here are some of the things that I personally like and don't like about it:

Good
- Very nice screen (Although it's only has 262K colors)
- The black and white shell compliment each other nicely by creating a contrast.
- 4-8 GB Hard drive!
- Wi Fi
- No joystick! (They're useless and annoying.)
- Runs on Windows Mobile 5
- It's not from Sony, so you won't necessarily have to spend $100+ on necessary items. (i.e memory sticks, etc.)

Bad
- It looks fragile
- Battery life might be poo
- Not sure what kind of games will be available for it.
- Will cost about $500-600. (Not sure, but most sites were saying this.)
- No touch screen. (Would be nice. ;D Like a mini tablet type thing)

smurf-you
09-01-2006, 06:08 PM
Sorry, about getting the company who made it, i knew right from start that something was odd, I.E uses windows, but friend told me it was and plus it looks like a IPOD design.

SEXYDEATH - Yeah i'm not sure about the ammount of colour either, i mean if it had the quality screen that the PSP did, i mean it'll be idea for FILMS !

Umm... 2nd worry is the games i guess we'll later on find out!

... Hmmm yeah cool

Wootzeh
10-01-2006, 06:54 PM
Next gen isn't handheld gaming ;)

NekkLe
10-01-2006, 07:17 PM
Looks are nice, any reviews yet about the gaming side?

Although it looks good, don't you think they've left this a little late? millions already own PSP's and Nintendo DS's, that might have a costly affect for Apple. And with the last of the next gen flood for this year (hopefully) surely thats another factor that might cost apple a few million?
I'm not disagreeing with it in the slightest, just stating a few obstacles which I think might have a bounce backability affect on Apples cool media device.

HUGECOOL
11-01-2006, 12:11 AM
I don't believe it's main purpose is gaming. It will be able to play random flash games which you'll download through the Wi Fi. Not sure if any actual games will be made for it.

smurf-you
11-01-2006, 02:35 PM
Next gen isn't handheld gaming ;)
Of course it is... DUH

Everyone wants everything portable nowadays. Use constructive criticism otherwise don't post.

I don't believe it's main purpose is gaming. It will be able to play random flash games which you'll download through the Wi Fi. Not sure if any actual games will be made for it.

Yeah, i've had my psp for 5 months now, and i RARELY use it for gaming, i either watch films/music.

I think you could do so much more with a portable handheld, and to be honest they are the next generation of gaming :$

Although it looks good, don't you think they've left this a little late? millions already own PSP's and Nintendo DS's, that might have a costly affect for Apple. And with the last of the next gen flood for this year (hopefully) surely thats another factor that might cost apple a few million?
I'm not disagreeing with it in the slightest, just stating a few obstacles which I think might have a bounce backability affect on Apples cool media device.

That's like saying the PS3 is a little late, i mean we all want better graphics/gameplay and more uses for our portables, psps are good but if iriver create something that is better then a psp with more features then this will really be amazing, though at the moment it's looking doubtful due to they released the specs and they barely match the psp's in some areas (LCD screen)

- PLUS the iriver isn't very... portable, it's a very big brick a lot bigger than the psp.

.:Subarusti:.
11-01-2006, 04:35 PM
think ive heard of this but the logo doesnt look like a apple logo, did you just guess it was apple, if it isnt, boy i see a lawsuit! But it looks cool, although i think expensive handhelds are pointless, i mean yes the PSP is absoloutly packed with technology its an amazing bit of kit, but would i buy one, no. I think that id only use it on the go, and im usually at home playing my Xbox 360 so i wouldnt need it, also, whey buy a UMD video, and watch a movie on a small screen with tinny soubd, when you can buy the DVD for near enough the same price and see it in full surround sound!

smurf-you
11-01-2006, 04:50 PM
think ive heard of this but the logo doesnt look like a apple logo, did you just guess it was apple, if it isnt, boy i see a lawsuit! But it looks cool, although i think expensive handhelds are pointless, i mean yes the PSP is absoloutly packed with technology its an amazing bit of kit, but would i buy one, no. I think that id only use it on the go, and im usually at home playing my Xbox 360 so i wouldnt need it, also, whey buy a UMD video, and watch a movie on a small screen with tinny soubd, when you can buy the DVD for near enough the same price and see it in full surround sound!

Yeah, very true. I ONLY use my psp when i travel (that's a lot i travel to go to a decent school)

Um.. my friends brought it the day it was released and they haven't played their psp's in couple months, that just proves that there only good if you travel ect.

Neversoft
11-01-2006, 07:22 PM
I don't like it. :P

JoeyK.
11-01-2006, 11:42 PM
I'm open to anything new entering the market... At that price point, I probably won't be able to afford it though xP

I'll be loyal to my PSP until somthing completely stuns me in the handheld market though.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!