PDA

View Full Version : Wi-Fi Help - Aaah!

Jordan3
12-01-2006, 05:42 PM
Okay, I keep getting an error 52103, saying it can connect, but not to the server. On nintendowifi.co.uk it said mentioned I may have a broken net or a firewall. I turned off McAffee and ZoneAlarm and the net is definately working, so I don't know. Btw Im using the Wi-Fi USB thingy.

Charles
12-01-2006, 06:25 PM
Okay, I keep getting an error 52103, saying it can connect, but not to the server. On nintendowifi.co.uk it said mentioned I may have a broken net or a firewall. I turned off McAffee and ZoneAlarm and the net is definately working, so I don't know. Btw Im using the Wi-Fi USB thingy.
The exact same problem I had! Fo' sho'. All I did was diasble Windows Firewall when im playing online and turn back on when im not.
Hope this helps..

Jordan3
12-01-2006, 08:20 PM
Thanks, Ill try it soon ^_^ <33

Oh yeah + rep.

Rashelly
12-01-2006, 09:10 PM
I'm having this probelm too...-SCREAMS AT PC-
I only have one firewall...and disabled that...still no workie...
Windows firewall? How do I disable that? -blonde-

Jordan3
12-01-2006, 09:12 PM
Start - Control Panel - Windows Firewall

Rashelly
12-01-2006, 10:04 PM
I don't have that in my control panel -.-
I've been looking around and found this on a forum
"Try this, it's what Nintendo told me to do, but unfortunately I'm not on AOL and don't know my username and password:

What you need to do is set up a AOL DSL connection. Go on control panel, Network Connections and then set up a new connection.

Then, choose these options

Connect to the internet -> Set up manually -> Connect using a broadband connection that requires a username and password

Then choose what to call it, like "AOL Broadband" or whatever.

Type in your username: yournamehere****.com and then your AOL password. From now on use THIS to connect to the internet, dont go into the AOL program itself.

After youve done that, right click it, go on properties, click the advanced tab and check "allow other users to share this connection". And there you go, it should work."
I tried that and no longer get the 52103 error...instead I get the 52003 error -dies-
It's unable to obtain an IP address...right now, I feel like punching the computer...

Jordan3
12-01-2006, 10:19 PM
Ew yeah. I get the IP Error on my laptop, and the other one on my desktop pc. It takes the p*ss.

Rashelly
12-01-2006, 11:31 PM
FINALLY! I managed to get online...after...hours and hours -dies-
I've played two games and had my bottom kicked in both (hey, I'm new!)
Anyway, my friend code is
I'm not sure how to add friends or anything though :\

Jordan3
14-01-2006, 10:41 PM
How did you get it to work, mine is still dead, aaaaah.

Rashelly
14-01-2006, 10:49 PM
I've been looking around and found this on a forum
"Try this, it's what Nintendo told me to do, but unfortunately I'm not on AOL and don't know my username and password:

What you need to do is set up a AOL DSL connection. Go on control panel, Network Connections and then set up a new connection.

Then, choose these options

Connect to the internet -> Set up manually -> Connect using a broadband connection that requires a username and password

Then choose what to call it, like "AOL Broadband" or whatever.

Type in your username: yournamehere****.com and then your AOL password. From now on use THIS to connect to the internet, dont go into the AOL program itself.

After youve done that, right click it, go on properties, click the advanced tab and check "allow other users to share this connection". And there you go, it should work."

I did that, it still wouldn't work, but then I restarted my computer and worked fine (still works fine, too)
Hope it helps.

stephen-
14-01-2006, 10:51 PM
Mines is still dead too! I get the IP error :(

Jordan3
15-01-2006, 09:21 AM
I dont have AOL ;[

Charles
15-01-2006, 09:34 AM
What ISP do you have then?

Dark--Mark
15-01-2006, 10:24 PM
me and stephen- (were brothers) have tiscali, any ideas?

just let others share my connection, mabey this will help?

EDIT: nope, didnt help, error 52003

Dark--Mark
15-01-2006, 10:50 PM
(sorry for DP but couldnt ediT)!

turned off windows firewall and it still wont work :'( im at the end of my tether!

Charles
16-01-2006, 05:05 PM
Right, y'know nintendo.co.uk. Well, the have a community forum. I posted for help on there and got it resolved.
Just make a username (You need a VIP pin from an english Nintendo game) and you'll become a 'VIP 247'.
Find the right section and post. Sorry I'm not on terms with Tiscali ;[

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!