PDA

View Full Version : Two Thai fishermen sentenced to death.

ross
18-01-2006, 01:10 PM
Two Thai fishermen are sentenced to death for the murder and rape of Welsh, Cardiff student Katherine Horton.

The two fisherman who confessed to Katherine's murder were swamped by dozens of reporters and photographers from across the world as they stepped out of the prison van that had brought them in to the provincial court of Surat Thani.

They were led into the packed courtroom, both in shackles and seeming overwhelmed by events.

But as they took their place at the dock, they began to smile nervously as the TV cameras began to focus on them.

As the judges began summing up the case against Wichai Somkhaoyai and Bualoi Posit, the pair bowed their heads and only Posit made eye contact with the panel.

The court heard their confessions, the eyewitness statements and the compelling DNA evidence linking them to the crime.

They remained solemn as they were handed the death penalty, but as the court rose they were once again surrounded by the media, eager for comment.

Colonel Preecha Thimimontri, who lead the investigation, said the death penalty sets the best example to stop people committing crimes like this in the future.

He said the case has had a large impact on Koh Samui's tourist industry but stressed that the "Land of Smiles" was still a safe place for visitors to come.

On Koh Samui itself, people have been very upset and embarrassed by this crime.

Jack, manager of the Spa resort near the spot where Katherine died, told me he hopes that the world can forgive them for what happened there.

Both face the Lethal Injection.

Well, good is what I say. People who murder unless in self defence should get the death penalty.

0verRide
18-01-2006, 01:13 PM
exactly ross. if people murdered someone on purpose, deserve to feel the same pain they felt, good news :)

ross
18-01-2006, 01:27 PM
exactly ross. if people murdered someone on purpose, deserve to feel the same pain they felt, good news :)
Thanks. And yes.

beth
18-01-2006, 01:50 PM
Good. Their lives for her life.

Luayminator
18-01-2006, 03:59 PM
In my opinion they should suffer life in prison. If you die you only suffer for a bit and thats it.

Dupion
18-01-2006, 04:01 PM
They deserve it, they probaly know it themselves. Sick attack.

Krusty
18-01-2006, 04:05 PM
In my opinion they should suffer life in prison. If you die you only suffer for a bit and thats it.
I agree.. =]

Adam$
18-01-2006, 06:43 PM
People that take someones life do not deserve to keep theirs.

ilovejordan
18-01-2006, 07:33 PM

unless your scared of death like me =')

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!