PDA

View Full Version : When a Stranger Calls (Upcoming Remake)

Bep624
19-01-2006, 02:09 AM
I'm not sure if this movie is to be released in the UK soon (I think sometime in April), but it looks absolutely terrible to me. The original was brilliant, but it seems that these day the only horror movies people can make are in fact remakes. I'll see this movie anyway, but I'm not sure if I'll like it as much as the original. If you'd like to see a preview of this new movie, here is the URL link:

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1808756288&intl=us then just click "Watch Trailer" :)

Jashmine
19-01-2006, 02:59 AM
I've never seen the original. It's on my list of films to watch, but I've never been able to find it lmao.

Most the movies I've heard coming out in 2006 are either based on novels, are sequels or remakes..
It's almost like no one has an original idea left =/

EDIT: -Just watched the trailer-
My dad said it seems more dramatic than the first o.x
The acting doesn't look the best, but it's made me want to see it ='] so hey.

Moose
19-01-2006, 03:58 AM
I've never seen the original. It's on my list of films to watch, but I've never been able to find it lmao.

Most the movies I've heard coming out in 2006 are either based on novels, are sequels or remakes..
It's almost like no one has an original idea left =/

EDIT: -Just watched the trailer-
My dad said it seems more dramatic than the first o.x
The acting doesn't look the best, but it's made me want to see it ='] so hey.

It was based on an urban myth.

Homesrfan
19-01-2006, 10:59 PM
I'm definately going to see it, but it doesn't look very good. :P

The acting looks TERRIBLE!

Pulchritudinous
26-03-2006, 07:51 AM
The acting isn't bad, the main girl, (don't know her name?), is actually a pretty decent actress.

I went to see it today, it's already out in Australia, it relies on dramatic music a bit too much to frighten viewers, but hey it works.

RedStratocas
26-03-2006, 04:39 PM
I was planning on seeing it, even though I knew it would be bad. Then I saw it was 80 minutes. Im not paying to see a movie that short.

Thumb
26-03-2006, 08:02 PM
I saw orginal got it from pound land :) Its so scary.. and how the man handles the kids, and the baby sitter.. :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!