PDA

View Full Version : Monopoly Tactics

_Olam_
08-12-2004, 10:44 AM
Firstly what figure are you? What do you normally pick?

It's always the car for me, its sleek manly design can run down small children from several miles away!

Now how do you play? What works best for you? Are YOU Lady Luck?!

I go around the board once trying to get as much money as I can, and then try to buy all of the cheaper places. I also try to get ONE of the richer districts to stop houses being built on it. I find the 'cheaper' places with houses and hotels on them quickly drain your opponents of all the money they gain from passing go and from their own territories, and it is all about pushing your opponents back with speed.

What about you?! Someone say they're the shoe so I can laugh at you! I'll laugh at you anyway!

:eusa_booh *In time to Beethoven's symphony* Ha-ha-ha! Ha-ha-ha!

Yeah.

Evolution
08-12-2004, 01:16 PM
I'm totally the same except I play with the ship. I buy the cheaper places like old kent road, then some of the other players don't have enough too buy the bigger places. If I have enough (which I usually do) I buy the yellows, greens and the mayfair area :P but other people get there first :@

MissAlice
08-12-2004, 03:32 PM
Awww I always pick the slippery shoe, it has class and looks very delicate :)

Have you ever played the cd version ?
The banker is quite funny, I think he says this "Burn the little rubber" when the car goes round. Obviously thats when the car manages to get around :p

As for me I aim high :) Has to be Mayfair ;)

Ziabotsu
08-12-2004, 05:31 PM
Im always the dog :)

I keep going around the board doing nothing til I land on a dear property, and buy it. After I have mayfair and park lane I start buying houses and eventually, I get a hotel and the opponent lands on it. Thats my way of winning. If they get mayfair and park lane, I go for the dark green properties and Water works / electrizity company or whatever.

Oh, and... cars, shoes, and boats dont live :l

Simonac55
08-12-2004, 11:53 PM
Well I always pick the dog :P. And I'm the bad luck man, since I pretty always loose at that game.

Arcanum
09-12-2004, 08:23 AM
I always choose the cannon, but somehow a dinosaur and a Koala managed to find it's way into the game... so I normally choose the dinosaur or Cannon :) I always aim for the oranges, yellows and greens, then work my way outwards from the centre, always works :D I never go for the train stations, or the companies, and I play House Rules, so we get money from landing on Free parking. Thus, all money paid for fines goes into the middle and every time someone lands on Free Parking, $500 replaces the prior amount :)

xJoeYx
11-12-2004, 11:25 PM
Im either the car of the horse and i usually buy dark blue, green and stations, sometimes red as well if im winning.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!