PDA

View Full Version : [SURVEY] Domain Selling

timROGERS
25-01-2006, 08:39 PM
As many of you will know, before I start any new services or ideas, I always conduct a survey on my market to work out whether I should do it, and if yes how. Now I am thinking of starting a domain selling business, and I need opinions. Every single completed survey will get a rep! And one will receive cPanel, unlimited bandwidth, 200MB space hosting for free!

1) Would you feel confident in buying from me?
2) Would you feel more confident in buying from me if there was a control panel into which you could logon to and change your domain details?
3) Would you like to receive a letter in the mail to confirm your registration?
4) What is the cheapest price that would not seem like a scam?
5) How much would you expect to pay for the following: .com; .co.uk; .name; .net; .org.uk and .org?
6) What features would you expect from the domain seller?
7) What support methods would you expect (phone, email, online, SMS etc.)?
8) What extra services would you be happy to pay for?
9) Would you like an affiliated host that you can use with your domain?
10) Would you like the option to pay via PayPal and Habbo?

zainx
25-01-2006, 08:56 PM
1) Would you feel confident in buying from me? No
2) Would you feel more confident in buying from me if there was a control panel into which you could logon to and change your domain details? No
3) Would you like to receive a letter in the mail to confirm your registration? No I throw mine in the bin
4) What is the cheapest price that would not seem like a scam? Fiver a month
5) How much would you expect to pay for the following: .com; .co.uk; .name; .net; .org.uk and .org? Around £6+ depends on which 1
6) What features would you expect from the domain seller? As many as poss
7) What support methods would you expect (phone, email, online, SMS etc.)? Email, Online, Msn
8) What extra services would you be happy to pay for? None
9) Would you like an affiliated host that you can use with your domain? No
10) Would you like the option to pay via PayPal and Habbo? Paypal as Habbo may make people who dont know about habbo think your immature.

ozzie-ing
25-01-2006, 08:59 PM
1) Would you feel confident in buying from me? yes
2) Would you feel more confident in buying from me if there was a control panel into which you could logon to and change your domain details? yes
3) Would you like to receive a letter in the mail to confirm your registration? no email-yes
5) How much would you expect to pay for the following: .com; .co.uk; .name; .net; .org.uk and .org? .co.uk £3 others £8
6) What features would you expect from the domain seller? n/a
7) What support methods would you expect (phone, email, online, SMS etc.)? sms online email
8) What extra services would you be happy to pay for? n/a
9) Would you like an affiliated host that you can use with your domain? yes
10) Would you like the option to pay via PayPal and Habbo? yes

Lysine
25-01-2006, 09:01 PM
Yes
2) Would you feel more confident in buying from me if there was a control panel into which you could logon to and change your domain details?
Yes a lot more.
3)Would you like to receive a letter in the mail to confirm your registration?
Nope
Well i can get domain from 1and1 for £1.99 which is not a scam so anyhting above that :)
5) How much would you expect to pay for the following: .com; .co.uk; .name; .net; .org.uk and .org?Habbo Rares - 8-10 HC sofas PayPal - £3-6

DNS etc
E-mail and Online
Perhaps you set there domain up in the Cpanel for a little charge
That would be a great idea and i would use it if i need hosting
PayPal

Craig
25-01-2006, 09:03 PM
1) Would you feel confident in buying from me? Yes
2) Would you feel more confident in buying from me if there was a control panel into which you could logon to and change your domain details? Yes
3) Would you like to receive a letter in the mail to confirm your registration?Yes
4) What is the cheapest price that would not seem like a scam?I don't know as such.
5) How much would you expect to pay for the following: .com; .co.uk; .name; .net; .org.uk and .org? I know I can get around .co.uk's for £8 and .com's/.nets for £12 I think.
6) What features would you expect from the domain seller? Lots of help,emails updating them of any downtimes and all stuff like that. And perhaps even a communication system via msn using a different account or something.
7) What support methods would you expect (phone, email, online, SMS etc.)? Email/Messenger. Others I think are a bit too personal to ask for home adress,phone number and mobile.
8) What extra services would you be happy to pay for? Perhaps a quicker time to purchase it all by,like quicker hosting or whatever. Urmmm perhaps 5hour a day help if needed,e.g via email etc.
9) Would you like an affiliated host that you can use with your domain? Yes that would be great.
10) Would you like the option to pay via PayPal and Habbo? I would personally love this,habbo is a good thing to pay with you just would have to work out prices =)

Rou
25-01-2006, 09:09 PM
Yes
No Difference
Yes
£3 - 4
5) How much would you expect to pay for the following: .com; .co.uk; .name; .net; .org.uk and .org?
£3-7
Good Support
email messanger
n/a
Would be a good idea
Payal

madchild24
25-01-2006, 09:19 PM
2) Would you feel more confident in buying from me if there was a control panel into which you could logon to and change your domain details? Yes
3) Would you like to receive a letter in the mail to confirm your registration? No maybe email
4) What is the cheapest price that would not seem like a scam? $6
5) How much would you expect to pay for the following: .com; .co.uk; .name; .net; .org.uk and .org? $7 .com $8
6) What features would you expect from the domain seller? uh whois support multiplie domain discounts maybe and downtime or price changes emails
7) What support methods would you expect (phone, email, online, SMS etc.)? online phone email msn aim
private support, domain emails, u configue domain.
doesn't matter but if ye maybe cheaper at certain host if domain is from u
ye or check ect would also be cool

Mentor
25-01-2006, 09:40 PM
1) Would you feel confident in buying from me? I dont know you at all, so not unless you had an established site or a phiscal method of contacting you.
2) Would you feel more confident in buying from me if there was a control panel into which you could logon to and change your domain details? Makes no differnce to the confidence, but i woulnt go for any domain host that didnt provide one, since its pretty essently for any domain host IMO
3) Would you like to receive a letter in the mail to confirm your registration? and email to confirm is absoulty essental. invoice is also a good idea
4) What is the cheapest price that would not seem like a scam? Depends which domain.
.co.uk is around a £1 a year most commonly sold for 2 year preiods around 2.50 form the majory of places. .com and the rest all sit around a £10er a year, not sure about some of the others, it realy depends on the costs the domains offical registara puts on to licencing one of there domains "/
6) What features would you expect from the domain seller? Control panel to access and up date domain details, DNS, name servers, and all that. as well as a phiscial method of contact and support options, email is the major requirment IMO
Email, Online are best, phone servise is also useful and acts as a phical contact method so people can use to varife its not a scam "/
8) What extra services would you be happy to pay for? None with a domain "/
9) Would you like an affiliated host that you can use with your domain? I choose my hosting seperatly as good domain sellers and good hosts rairly exist in the same entity, but may be useful for some
10) Would you like the option to pay via PayPal and Habbo? If habbo was a method of payment i would be forced to laugh at it, consider wheether you need mental help, then never return. Paypal is by far the best method since actaly transfers MONEY, and keeps credit card details safe, so u dont have to trust the actaly seller with them.

Sam
25-01-2006, 09:51 PM
2) Would you feel more confident in buying from me if there was a control panel into which you could logon to and change your domain details? yes
3) Would you like to receive a letter in the mail to confirm your registration? Yes
4) What is the cheapest price that would not seem like a scam? 6.00 per year?5) How much would you expect to pay for the following: .com; 6.00 .co.uk; 4.00 .name; .net; .org.uk and .org?
7) What support methods would you expect (phone, email, online, SMS etc.)? Phone, email, sms
8) What extra services would you be happy to pay for? be able to change the domain anytime you want for an extra 10.00 per year?
10) Would you like the option to pay via PayPal and Habbo? Yes

My answers =]

Tomush
25-01-2006, 10:12 PM
3) Would you like to receive a letter in the mail to confirm your registration? Yes
4) What is the cheapest price that would not seem like a scam? £2.50
5) How much would you expect to pay for the following: .com; £4 .co.uk;£2.50 .name; .net; .org.uk and .org?
6) What features would you expect from the domain seller? Subdomains
7) What support methods would you expect (phone, email, online, SMS etc.)? email
8) What extra services would you be happy to pay for? webmail
9) Would you like an affiliated host that you can use with your domain? yes
10) Would you like the option to pay via PayPal and Habbo? Both

Hope this helps :D

Kroziun
25-01-2006, 10:28 PM
1) No - I would never buy from anyone connected to HabboHotel.
2) No - You could probably still access it. But I would expect one anyway.
3) Yes of course.
4) $5 perhaps?
5) No more than $7-8 per year.
6) Best feature is reliable and prompt support.
7) Email/online - forget phone and SMS.
8) None that I can think of.
9) No, I choose my own host.
10) Paypal - yes, Habbo - no.

NB: These answers are honest ones and not intended to offend, as I do not know NintendoNews personally.

edit: and just to get it right - I am talking only of domain registration here - not hosting.

:)

Sam
25-01-2006, 10:41 PM
Ok im not saying this to offend people, just to put them straight and calm they're worries ;P

NintendoNews IS Trustable =] I know this through personal trust, and i dont know really, i just know that he wouldnt scam etc as i have known him a very long time, even though he may not know it.

Seems like a good idea to me but if you want to get good publicity, its going ot cost money. Like advertise on google through the sponsored ads etc, post it around every webdesign forum you can find. Most people(as you know) cant quite afford domains etc on habbox. Accept the older generation obviously.

Survey on loads of different sites, dont let the 20 or so people that answer your survey stop you, after all they're kids ;P (No offence) If you want to create it then go ahead! Live a little.

This is my second from last post that im going to do as i am announcing my official leave soon.

timROGERS
26-01-2006, 08:22 AM
Thanks for your replies, I'll rep you all now!

Coding4Newbs
26-01-2006, 10:07 AM
- Yes but depends on prices
-Yes if not i wouldnt buy
- Of course yes
- 5Pounds
5-6Pounds
- Instant dns registration thingy, and updates
7) What support methods would you expect (phone, email, online, SMS etc.)?, - all of stated
- None
- Would be a good idea
- Paypal, keep it pro

- sy

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!