PDA

View Full Version : Bobba Filter

wootzy
10-12-2004, 03:27 PM
The habbo marmite. You either love it hate it.
Post your comments here.

Moved by MissAlice from "Debate" Outside of Habbo forum: Please post in the correct forum.

jamie5k
10-12-2004, 03:32 PM
i agree but there are some words that are a bit over the top but other then that i agree

Anderman
10-12-2004, 04:20 PM
Yea it annoys me when im in a trading room and ill say

"If you have 2 snowglobes hit 999"

that comes out bobbed

nets
10-12-2004, 05:24 PM
No, because I think that it is to tight.

Spectate
10-12-2004, 05:36 PM
I think it is necessary for the habbo world to stay on track but I do think that they should make the filter a bit more intelligent. For example I believe that it should know when you're saying "that was exciting" so it doesn't come up with "that wabobbaciting." You can't say anything that includes 2 words with certain starts and ends. It's a shame really.

Mentor
10-12-2004, 06:48 PM
i can see how it may be consided nessary to younger habbos, my argument is, why do they forse people to have it who it woulnt effect. plus in this day and age realy i doubt anyoen ahsnt heared swaring? there words thats it. i thoin khabbo shoudl at leat make it optnila, and if not that, try to make the thing work, i can use blatent swarewords on habbo, unbobbaed, but then not say normla words without bobba appring randomly ion them.

GommeInc
10-12-2004, 07:12 PM
I think it should go back to the on/off feature, I dispise it highly, it is pointless, it blocks random words like Essex, Dice, Pizza etc I would not like to see it gone for good but at least have an on/off button!

Mentor
10-12-2004, 07:20 PM
i agree an on off feture would be useful, or even a filter level option, as long as it had teh option to complty remoev it, as teh filter is incredibly annoyinga and pointles alot of the time

GommeInc
10-12-2004, 07:24 PM
A filter option would be handy, it can filter extremely strong words but let you read weak ones, but this may cause alot of lag.

Mentor
10-12-2004, 07:31 PM
cant see how if its done exeternaly? just abit harder programing wize, if they did the 3 modes id suggets are
Off - nop filter
On - filters string words
Full- filters most things

lukeisok
10-12-2004, 08:02 PM
I think it should go back to the on/off feature, I dispise it highly, it is pointless, it blocks random words like Essex, Dice, Pizza etc I would not like to see it gone for good but at least have an on/off button!Essex Is Filtered Because It Has *** In It.

Edit: I Did Not Swear.

Spectate
10-12-2004, 08:04 PM
Well I have noticed that words such as dice and pizza have been changed back now so that you can say them. I think it should be word sensitive, if you know what I mean. So it can tell when you're saying a sentence.

Mentor
10-12-2004, 08:35 PM
The opinon is litraly split down the middles, the marmite explination of love it or hate it is rpobly true. but im a deefint hate it. athogh removing it would make the other half unhappy, adding a option owuld or at least should satisfe both sides

GommeInc
10-12-2004, 10:50 PM
Essex Is Filtered Because It Has *** In It.

Yes it does have that word in it, but as Habbo cant be bother'd to get a decent filter, that word shouldn't be filtered. Essex is not a bad word, it is ;like the discussion about pizza and dice both normal words but at least Habbo were not lazy enough to make them un bobba'd.

Jane
11-12-2004, 12:02 PM
I think that some words are over the top, but generally I agree with it. Also, Im fed up of people saying " You cant say Essex etc " Why on earth would you ever need to say it, unless your saying you live there, which is personal information that you shouldnt be giving out ;)

GommeInc
11-12-2004, 01:00 PM
Yes but I was describing what a dump Es bobba is, although people actually thought I was actually describing someplace called Es bobba is strange, its like saying, 'Oh I am going to watch <Insert Band here> at Man bobba (Manchester)

JackHb
11-12-2004, 02:11 PM
i agree with having the filter
but some words shouldnt be bobbed!

Max
11-12-2004, 02:23 PM
Essex Is Filtered Because It Has *** In It.

lol, what else would be in there??
Pizza and Dice have a 'word' in them too
U didnt have to mention that :P

It would be cool if u can set the bobba filter in ur room on or off, on different levels
And maybe u could create filters to block words u dont want people to say in ur room
like ********, hack, site names...woteva

GommeInc
11-12-2004, 02:39 PM
Pizza and Dice dont have a word in them, pizz is not a English word and is not in the dictionary, it cant be used as slang as slang taking the (normaly word for urine) is what they are saying. Same goes with dic, dic is not a word, in fact, it was a company that helped make Sonic the TV Series and Power Bear or whatever it is. But it cannot be used in slang, as they are saying (short name for Richard) not dic.

I rest my case on the grounds that it is heavy.

Adzeh
11-12-2004, 08:07 PM
no matter whether we agree or not, its going to stay because it is a safety implement.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!