PDA

View Full Version : Pixel Artists

Revis
28-01-2006, 02:40 PM
Although there are some artists with the same abilities as the pixel artists, isn't it a tad unfair that they are now allowed to enter the compititions? I mean staff have their own compititions forum. I was just wondering what was teh thought behind letting them enter?

Mr.Sam
28-01-2006, 02:43 PM
Although there are some artists with the same abilities as the pixel artists, isn't it a tad unfair that they are now allowed to enter the compititions? I mean staff have their own compititions forum. I was just wondering what was teh thought behind letting them enter?

i agree

when i was apixe artist we where only allowed to use staff competitions (which there where not many of) if pixel artists can enter comps it is unfair to normal members.

.Lynn
28-01-2006, 04:15 PM
Yeah, it is unfair. When they enter no one else really has a chance.

*Not allowed to enter cause is competition staff.

Mr.Sam
28-01-2006, 04:24 PM
Yeah, it is unfair. When they enter no one else really has a chance.

*Not allowed to enter cause is competition staff.

unlucky lynn ;)

its on a trial period so hopefully they won't allow them to enter.

Revis
28-01-2006, 05:43 PM
If the trial passes, me and Fox will have to team up and kick their bum :)

Laura.
28-01-2006, 05:52 PM
Its a stupid idea. Espec on Normal members that are good at pixel arting. Then after theres a post from a very good alt artist. They'll most likely win.

Ill join and kick there bum. ;)

micky.blue.eyes
28-01-2006, 06:31 PM
I think there should be a competition for pixel artists only, so it's fair for everybody. :)
Most alt competitions don't have many entries anyway, so they could cut the ammount down to a lower ammount and use those prizes for pixel artist competitions.

Revis
28-01-2006, 06:35 PM
Theres only like a few pixel artists...
Lynn
Cptn.Kewl
Mr.Parasoles
Soyers
So no point in a pixel artist comps.

Adam$
28-01-2006, 07:51 PM
I can understand them being allowed to enter normal comps, but the alterations one is pushing it. ;\

StripedTiger
28-01-2006, 09:00 PM
okay ill share my idea. there WERE alt comps for staff other words pixel artists but there was about 5 or less entries and there is no point giving out good rares for a few entries. So i thought about letting them enter members competitions for a while and see how that goes.

Yes it could seem unfair but normally the same members win alt comps all the time anyways. It may seem that pixel artists will win more becuase they are good at alts but it is also ideas we look at in the alts comps. We look at how imaginative people can get so if someone posts an alt not as good but the idea is very creative then they can win.

and watch your language k guys? ill remove those little stars there and i dont want it in my forum agen kkz?

and jsut becuase someone has a pixel artist title against there name doesnt mean they have like 99.9% chance of winning an alt competition. there are many members who are great alterationists and loads that have great creative ideas!

If we decide that pixel artists are not going to enter alt comps in the members department then pixel artists wont have any competitions to enter unless a competition has bad number of entries, then they will be allowed.

and i think alt comps sometimes get a great response. it depends how you present a competition and how good / easy the idea is. if we dont do things extreme then everyone has a good chance at winning.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!