PDA

View Full Version : Habbo Chinese New Year Complaint!

jacobmadman
28-01-2006, 08:10 PM
this is weird what habbo is doing...i mean we didnt celebrate our new year very well did we?!
its like-
:eusa_danc WOOOchineise new year!wooo:eusa_danc
well done callie VERY good:eusa_clap

q25
28-01-2006, 08:12 PM
I find what you're saying offensive. Maybe we didn't celebrate our new year very well but why not celebrate Chinese's one? There could be many Chinese people on UK. Maybe she's making up with us with this, after all, this is a new year celebration.

And, it is not Callie's fault, Sulake decides what and when to celebrate. As you can see in other hotels, there's the same celebration. If something is celebrated in one Habbo, it is celebrated in another one, so don't blame Callie for that.

jacobmadman
28-01-2006, 08:16 PM
ok i better rub my other thread off:D

Moose
28-01-2006, 08:23 PM
Habbo tries to celebrate any holiday, though its best to stick to the hotel that well suits you. All habbos had chinese new years. (Chinese new years lasts for two months)

[N]
28-01-2006, 08:33 PM
I don't see why everyone blames callie, all she does is writes newsletters, does comps, and takes care of the hotel.

Sulake does everything else, don't blame her.

And im pretty sure there are loads of Chinese people in the uk.
In london they usually do festivals for their new year.

Coca~Cola
28-01-2006, 08:42 PM
And they stole the dragon enlargement without giving credit. abacon made that.

Lord_Gig
28-01-2006, 08:50 PM
I find what you're saying offensive. Maybe we didn't celebrate our new year very well but why not celebrate Chinese's one? There could be many Chinese people on UK. Maybe she's making up with us with this, after all, this is a new year celebration.

And, it is not Callie's fault, Sulake decides what and when to celebrate. As you can see in other hotels, there's the same celebration. If something is celebrated in one Habbo, it is celebrated in another one, so don't blame Callie for that.

so we should celebrate the chinease new year on .co.UK but we should now celebrate our new year..? o.0

Krusty
28-01-2006, 08:51 PM
Does the chinise hotel celebrate
OUR new year?

Moose
28-01-2006, 08:53 PM
OUR new year?

No no, it should be:

Will the Chinese hotel celebrate our New Years?

q25
28-01-2006, 08:57 PM
No, what i was trying to say is that its not callie's choise and that at the end of the day, its a way to get money // a way of celebrating the new year

so we should celebrate the chinease new year on .co.UK but we should now celebrate our new year..? o.0

Krusty
28-01-2006, 08:59 PM
No no, it should be:

Nono..
We celebrates there new year
Why dont they celebrate ours

GommeInc
28-01-2006, 09:00 PM
I don't see why everyone blames callie, all she does is writes newsletters, does comps, and takes care of the hotel.

Sulake does everything else, don't blame her.

And im pretty sure there are loads of Chinese people in the uk.
In london they usually do festivals for their new year.
Me neither, try saying that to some of Habbos.co.uk members when they refuse to realise that Callie is a pawn, not Habbo Hotel's maker. They actually thought she made the furniture lol :P

I think it is like this because the CHinese New Year is the only real, unique new years celebration on this planet. They also have animals set for each year (obviously they overlay). FOr all we know they don't think of it as a Global celebration (Habbo/Sulake) but as a money making scheme to make everyone party and cough up money at the same time.

Ranger
28-01-2006, 09:01 PM
If you feel that strongly about it, we could all sign a petition so Sulake don't celebrate Easter this year if you like.

q25
28-01-2006, 09:02 PM
Me neither, try saying that to some of Habbos.co.uk members when they refuse to realise that Callie is a pawn, not Habbo Hotel's maker. They actually thought she made the furniture lol :P

I think it is like this because the CHinese New Year is the only real, unique new years celebration on this planet. They also have animals set for each year (obviously they overlay). FOr all we know they don't think of it as a Global celebration (Habbo/Sulake) but as a money making scheme to make everyone party and cough up money at the same time.

:eusa_clap *claps* :eusa_clap +rep for that

!!HM!!
28-01-2006, 09:41 PM
just wondering but isnt habbohotel. (china) is coming out soon? maybe its that for there doing it -_-

The Professor
28-01-2006, 09:59 PM
It is a good point though. Although our new year doesnt have a unique theme so we cant release the "flaming jesus dragon" or anything, it is strange that we dont even get so much as a "happy new year" from our own staff about our new year but we get giant alts and banners and events etc for the chinese one. Although, who cares? Its a bit of fun eh?

And someone'll say it eventually, not news, wrong section

alexxxxx
28-01-2006, 10:35 PM
OUR new year?

Chinese New Year is not just a new year, but more of a cultural event. I have written a long post in the other 'complaint' thread.

eggd2
28-01-2006, 10:38 PM
complain to sulake

superkat
28-01-2006, 11:00 PM
The CNY celebrations are all about impressing China. If you look at it all international (non chinese) ip's will be banned from entering Habbo China thanks to government law. But yet all the new public rooms with V9 have something to do with China, the new furni is all oriental, new eyes and hair.

gotta-stay-fly
29-01-2006, 12:00 AM
We live in the uk not china, if chinese/asian or indian or black people want to live in our country then they can say bye to their celebrations if it affects us... yes im kinda racist :)

James!
29-01-2006, 12:02 AM
Any holiday whether it be a foreign holiday is a MONEY MAKING holiday!

Herman
29-01-2006, 11:52 AM
Nono..

The chinese have their own calendar.

Evolution
29-01-2006, 12:35 PM
The CNY celebrations are all about impressing China. If you look at it all international (non chinese) ip's will be banned from entering Habbo China thanks to government law. But yet all the new public rooms with V9 have something to do with China, the new furni is all oriental, new eyes and hair.

Oh yeah I agree with the Lazer gate, pillars, snowpatch, nike ball, racing tracks, monoliths, smoke machines being oriental.

Aao
29-01-2006, 10:05 PM
this is weird what habbo is doing...i mean we didnt celebrate our new year very well did we?!
its like-
:eusa_danc WOOOchineise new year!wooo:eusa_danc
well done callie VERY good:eusa_clap

You have a very good point
Also, we arent chinese? They dont do everything we celebrate either...

d3stined
30-01-2006, 03:20 AM
Lol.. Chinese celebrate regular new year too. It's just a chinese tradition from wayy back that they used a Lunar calendar. There are no 31st's and sometimes no 30th's, so it goes at a different rate. And yes, there are 12 animals representing every 12 years. (The rat, bull, tiger, rabbit, dragon, snake, horse, sheep, monkey, rooster, dog, hog.) Like.. I'm chinese and I still go downtown to countdown on regular new years' eve and all that. o.o But correct me if I'm wrong.. there isn't really a lott that they can do to celebrate the regular new year. :s Most people (at least from my area) just go countdown. But perhaps you do more to celebrate than my area. Chinese New Year has a lot of special dishes, symbols and everything. And I guess Habbo is just using that to promote the fact that more people should join and to be multicultural. Everyone has their own opinions though. x) <3 :)

Moose
30-01-2006, 04:50 AM
Nono..

Habbo China isn't open...

jacobmadman
30-01-2006, 07:32 AM
And they stole the dragon enlargement without giving credit. abacon made that.
whats that supposed to mean?:s

bobbles
30-01-2006, 09:26 AM
We live in the uk not china, if chinese/asian or indian or black people want to live in our country then they can say bye to their celebrations if it affects us... yes im kinda racist :) :BangHead:
kinda? my god,you are a total prat! are you saying,if you moved to a foreign country you should just stop being who you are,believing what you believe,celebrating what you want to celebrate? you aren't very bright,are you?how is chinese new year effecting us?the hotel is putting up some rooms and released another screen.big deal!its just a bit of fun
I respect other peoples beliefs,except yours
try being open minded some time,its grest fun.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!