PDA

View Full Version : Is there such a thing as good and evil

Mentor
10-12-2004, 07:03 PM
Good and evil , are a common conselt of roght and wrong, many people belive in thses conspets without what i think is truly understanding them. personaly i dont belive a conspet of good and evil in realtiy acatly exists. as there is ALWAYs to sides to a story. even in terrosims "one mans terrorsit is another mans freedom fighter" so nether side is good or evil, right or wrong. if a mentily disrubed peron murders someone, how can they be evil, as it is likly thay may not have ment to do what they did (eg lenny form mice and men).

So what does classife as evil then? what do you think

GommeInc
10-12-2004, 07:05 PM
If you are doing good you could be doing if evil or bad and if you are doing something bad you may be doing good. Do you not concure?

Spectate
10-12-2004, 07:37 PM
I do agree that it is tricky. As you say one mans terrorist is anothers freedom fighter. We judge things to be evil which usually result in the unhappiness of somebody (whether by being upset themselves or grieving over somebody else) and death really. But something seen as a sin by some could seem to be alright to do by somebody else. I think when somebody says evil or good it is simply based on the general views of others.

Hidcilll
10-12-2004, 07:42 PM
ditto like i think they said good and evil is verey tricky
who ever made it up i mean really u could be on 2 sides of a war wich side would be good wich side would be evil if they both said they were good it would be fonfuseind

Mentor
10-12-2004, 07:50 PM
thats what i think is the primy diffrnce between good and eveil, and right and wrong.
Right and wrong depend on who you ask,its like left and right depnd on where you are. but good and evil , by deefition menaing there can be only one corect meaning, wich is like north sound west etc, as were vere you are on the plante those dircetsons saty the same.
By deefition evil, must be somoen who is evil, not just that does omthoing thats wrong, even if evryonme else sees it as wrong, they may not, so therefor it cant be evil
*wonders if made any senece*

Ciaran
10-12-2004, 07:57 PM
I honestly think i have small bits of evil inside of me from my childhood and i really try my best not to let any1 feel that lol... im quite a layed back person because of it soo evil cant be that bad...

Vampire
10-12-2004, 08:32 PM
One can't exist without the other, it's as simple as that.

You may be doing something that you think is good, but to someone else, somewhere, it will be evil.

Mentor
10-12-2004, 08:46 PM
to be evil, it has to be thogh of as evil by all partys, the other person may think its wrong but you may not, or vice versa. they are simply a question of roght and wronmg, not as good or evil

Vampire
10-12-2004, 09:13 PM
to be evil, it has to be thogh of as evil by all partys, the other person may think its wrong but you may not, or vice versa. they are simply a question of roght and wronmg, not as good or evil

No it doesn't have to be thought of as evil by "all parties".

Let me give you an example, the election, just because George Bush was voted into power, doesn't mean everyone wanted him. Just because people voted for Kerry, doesn't make them wrong. So just because one person thinks it's evil, that doesn't make them wrong, and it doesn't make it a question of right and wrong.

Evil cannot exist without good, and good cannot exist without evil.

Mentor
10-12-2004, 09:18 PM
but by acatly deffition, good and evil is ither or, not a bit of both. the conspet you are refersing to is that of righit or wrong. evil means there can be no good only maliss. good is of teh smae rule. im refering to teh cosnept. say a plot in a movie, theres always the good guy, and the bad guy. they never show a chariter as both good and bad (well rairly) wich si why it acnbot be appled properly to real life in my opion.
Good and evil acnot existe themsvles, as if you do somthing good, it cannot be evil. and if you do somthing evil it cannot be good. and if u cant do ether without ther other. they becoem a paridox of there own perseptions so as non can acalty be corect in reality

GommeInc
10-12-2004, 10:49 PM
I see no evil or good, they dont exist, they both cancel each other out!

Jin
11-12-2004, 06:04 PM
Tis a tricky one this i believe that there is no such thing as good or wrong in the sense of actions there is a way of being morally wrong though like killing 1000 innocent due to one mans action. Then there is the factual right or wrong like
"The creator of this thread is mentor" I am right in saying that as it is a fact that mentor made it

Ciaran
11-12-2004, 06:12 PM
On A sensible note.. i belive the root of all evil are girls.. lol take a few seconds to look at this equasion...
http://img129.exs.cx/img129/7370/proofthatgirlsareevil19yp.jpg

GommeInc
11-12-2004, 09:50 PM
lol, but very true.

Mentor
17-12-2004, 04:58 PM
lol intersting theary. but how would that exsplein girls being evil :/

Max
20-12-2004, 06:02 PM
Lol, i think its a joke, well thought about it tho :P

GommeInc
20-12-2004, 06:05 PM
It technically shows girls are evil spending time, money etc.

Painiac
28-12-2004, 07:10 PM
every person has their own concept of right and wrong which they had built up from education and past experience

i believe everyone has the potential to be evil and could do so at any given moment

the biggest point in this debate is that good and evil are different in different people's opinions( one mans terrorist; another mans freedom fighter etc.)

GommeInc
29-12-2004, 07:34 PM
To be evil you can have to be good sometimes and to be good you sometimes have to be evil.

Pulchritudinous
29-12-2004, 07:51 PM
I hope thats a joke..I'm not evil!

I think it all depends on your environment...if you live in a quiet, laid back area, you are going to be an easy going person, wheareas if you live in a busy city, full of tramps etc, violence, you havn't exactly got many 'good people' to learn from, there is a word for this, it's environmental variation.

JadeLestrange
29-12-2004, 09:15 PM
I think that everyone has good and evil in them.for example,if you get violent with someone that's the evil side but when your conscience takes over,your conscience is the good part because it makes you regret the bad things you've done.Whether you show more of your good side or your evil side depends on your childhood,your past,the people you choose to spend time with and your own feelings.My childhood was ****y(im classing childhood as 1yr old to 12yrs old)but i show a lot more of my good side than of my evil side.Probably because the people i spend time with a genuinely good people.If i spent time with not good people (i.e. serial killers,rapists e.t.c.) then i'd be more evil.your friends and family influence good and evil.Also,even if you do something that you think is good,it can be evil and vice versa.

Pulchritudinous
30-12-2004, 09:01 PM
Yup I agree ;)

Mentor
30-12-2004, 09:54 PM
That acatly dneys good and evisl exsiatce, as if everyone is both, tahts means no one can be good and no one can be evil.
The good and evil conspet is taht you can be only one, the goodies and the badies apporch, i do not belive thsi exists. i blive there is no such think as ether of teh conspets, and that people are a mixture. so you loose your temper, hit someone, and u didnt like them so dont feel sorry about it. I doubt that would make u an evil perosn.

Pulchritudinous
31-12-2004, 02:16 PM
I don't beleive you can be born with one aim, to be evil, when baby's are born, they don't know anything, so how can they be a word in a language they havn't learnt yet.

And I don't think anyone can just be evil, everyone gets evil sometimes, everyone gets frustrated and loses their temper, it's just whether you can accept that, before you brand someone evil.

Mentor
31-12-2004, 04:04 PM
thats what conspet i do not bliev in.
Good and evil . the goodies and the badies. teh devel and god. None of them can be pure good or pure evil. But the soitye were broght up in ofetn tends to portay there are good people and bad people. i dont think there is. there are just people. and they then interact. People have it in there heads we are so differnt from animals, wich to me seems quite nieve, after all we are animals, we evloved in the same way, at what point did we spoosedly become somthing diffrent. ALl we have on animals, is consioness, teh abailty to be aware of our own exoistance, little more

Pulchritudinous
01-01-2005, 02:05 PM
Yeah I agree, I bet animals get peed off aswell sometimes.

Ciaran
01-01-2005, 03:21 PM
Good and evil is just another "hope" thing. so when people die they tthink it will be rewarded to have been "good" but this whole "evil" concept is pretty pathetic because everone does something wrong in life so whats the point?

Mined
02-01-2005, 07:42 PM
Dont know never really thought about it

Mined
02-01-2005, 07:42 PM
Actually yes i think there is

Luayminator
30-12-2005, 05:28 PM
YES THERE IS

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!