PDA

View Full Version : Habbo China [Update]

Catchetat
31-01-2006, 11:53 AM
HELSINKI, Finland & BEIJING--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 26, 2006--Sulake Corporation, one of the world's fastest growing interactive entertainment companies and owner of the Habbo Hotel concept, and OPTIC Communications Co. Ltd. (OPTIC Dreamz Division), a subsidiary of CITIC Pacific Limited, a listed company on the Hong Kong stock exchange and the largest conglomerate in the APAC region, have signed an agreement in order to launch Habbo Hotel in China. The Habbo Hotel online community has been a worldwide success as it provides a unique experience for teenagers.

Habbo Hotel is a virtual meeting place and a game environment for teens. The attraction of Habbo Hotel is based on the camaraderie of a community and the opportunity for self-expression and creativity. Users join by creating a fully-customized online character called a Habbo. From there, users explore the many public areas, play a wide range of games, connect with their friends, decorate their own rooms, dance by the pool, and most of all: have fun by being creative.

Habbo Hotel in China will be operated by license by OPTIC Dreamz. The Chinese Habbo Hotel will have its own localized features, but it will offer Chinese users the same possibilities to play, meet others and have fun as other Habbo Hotels. The public can register through the Habbo marketing site at www.habbochina.com.

Globally the Habbo Hotel concept has already been introduced in 16 countries on 4 continents. Currently Habbo Hotels attract over 5.4 million unique visitors per month. With its 130 million Internet users China is already the largest market for online games and communities, providing major growth opportunity for the Habbo- concept.

"We are very excited about our partnership with OPTIC Dreamz. Strong commitment and the resources of CITIC Pacific Group combined with the experienced team at OPTIC Dreamz makes them just the right kind of partner for us. Together we are building Habbo into a new kind of youth brand rooted in a richly colorful virtual community in China, " says Mr. Timo Soininen, CEO of Sulake.

"We foresee the evolving change of the Internet arena in China and we believe that Habbo Hotel will bring new excitement and life to our users in China. That is why we have created a new division within OPTIC that we call "Dreamz", with the sole objective of designing an integrated enhanced virtual community platform. We are very delighted that we have sealed the partnership with Sulake and we strongly believe that it will create a new type of online community experience in China," comments Mr. Raymond Cheung, Executive President, OPTIC Dreamz.

www.sulake.com

www.habbohotel.com

www.habbochina.com

www.Dreamz.cn

Source : http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/topix/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20060126005320&newsLang=en

The Hotel is expected to be opened VERY VERY SOON. I think few days xD

superkat
31-01-2006, 03:30 PM
Fantastic, i don't think it states here that international users cannot go on the hotel. That is what becs told me.

Uwe
31-01-2006, 03:49 PM
Wasnt this posted my Mark.t.?

Catchetat
31-01-2006, 03:55 PM
are you a close friend of the staff? lol you seem to know a lot xD

anyways, it will be on beta version right? and ONLY the people living in china will be able to test it until it gets released to the public?

i hope it is cuz then I'll be able to post 'em first ;)

Aao
31-01-2006, 03:57 PM
[email protected] LOOL

Edited by :BrokenLoser (Forum Moderator) : Please do not make a pointless post.

Mark.T.
01-02-2006, 01:21 PM
Close this thread i have already posted it dont copy and paste my news :s

Uwe
01-02-2006, 03:43 PM
Urgh, Calm it Bioxide. Not that you havn't stole anyone else's news? If I remeber you stole my "Hi -" News?

Lajms
01-02-2006, 04:34 PM
:o cool, well we cant come in..

dd056
01-02-2006, 05:43 PM
It's because of China's laws.

Jõnathan
01-02-2006, 07:34 PM
What laws?

dobzy
01-02-2006, 10:46 PM
He searched "Habbo China" on Google News I read this article a few days ago.
Anyways, I don't think there's any laws about international users using a chinese website but as far as I know there are few laws about freedom of speech in China, which may proove a problem for Habbo China as I believe it's a communist country rather than democratic o_O.
Unless, they plan to use the dictionary system as like VMK.com to monitor what people can and can not say.

dobzy
01-02-2006, 10:50 PM
don't worry - accidently posted twice.
Mod can delete this :).

Catchetat
02-02-2006, 04:32 AM
mark t I didn't copy and paste your article. I mean, who would. I got this from Google!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!