PDA

View Full Version : Patriotism

Butcher11
11-12-2004, 01:42 PM
I was surprised one day, when my mates and I were talking about going to war for their country, and all 3 of them said they'd never. I personally can't wait to turn 18 to join up for Iraq.

So, would you die for your country?

Concentric
11-12-2004, 01:45 PM
You can't wait to go to Iraq, are you mad?

GommeInc
11-12-2004, 02:50 PM
I wont die for my country and America and maybe some British shouldn't be Iraq, they should be going through it Iran to get the real weapons and Osama Bin Laden!

The reason I wont die for my country is because all countries are dumps.

Concentric
11-12-2004, 03:25 PM
...shouldn't be Iraq, they should be going through it Iran to get the real weapons and Osama Bin Laden!
That's outrageous and you should be ashamed, you have absolutely no proof that Iran has any more to do with Al Queda than Iraq does, Grr! Honestly, its those kind of people that sent us to war in the first place.

Ciaran
11-12-2004, 03:28 PM
Id fight for a few things.... my family... my friends and a good cause... so depending on the situation yes i would

Concentric
11-12-2004, 03:29 PM
But would you die for your country?

Ciaran
11-12-2004, 03:30 PM
Not if the war was pointless like the iraq war....

Vampire
11-12-2004, 03:31 PM
There's no way I'd fight for my country for the simple fact that you won't get remembered.

Sure they'll remember your platoon, or your league or whatever (I know little about the army ranks), but you won't be rememberd solitarily, and it'll be taken for granted.

Plus I hate England, and I can't wait to move. (Which I will be doing sometime next year ^^).

Ciaran
11-12-2004, 03:35 PM
w000t goo you!!! i hope to move someday when im old... oh well

ted-crilley
11-12-2004, 03:37 PM
Ive had family out in iraq and its not a place they said they could wait to go.
I am thinking of joining up the services but not just so i can go to iraq its a good opirtinity to travel the world and meet people

Ciaran
11-12-2004, 03:44 PM
Yeh ted its a hard decision i can tell for you... but i dont know what id do... hmmz if my family had been id probs go...

Mentor
11-12-2004, 04:39 PM
depends what for. if i dint belive in a cuse i woulnt give my life. if i did belive i probly would, athogh i wont blindly follow what are goivemnt disides to do, if we wree invaded i would, or if we were figting to keep another contry from inaving anotehr i would, but i cnat say teh same for conflicts i dont belive in. anyway i dont think dieing for a contry makes someone good, it what they do in the time before they died ... if u get me?

i have no presnt wnat to join up and fight, but i will if i think teh conflict is nessary.

lukeisok
11-12-2004, 04:42 PM
I Traesure Life To Much :( But If I Had To. I Would Die for The Country.

GommeInc
11-12-2004, 10:03 PM
The Irag war was the most pointless war in the world and if I could edit then I would say between the border or Irag and Iran. Fighting for your country is pointless, its not your fault so why defend your dump.

P.s If we got invaded by an army of foxes or something I would gladly destroy them.

miss-t
12-12-2004, 12:53 AM
i wouldnt die 4 ma contry i live in now england i would for scotland or spain thats it tho

GommeInc
12-12-2004, 01:19 PM
They go in my room they will find themselves behind enemy lines.

Convictions
13-12-2004, 05:44 PM
I'd gladly die for america if it was gonna be invaded and destroyed, but i would anyway, just my gf would kill me, plus in the army your and unexpendable asset aka CANNON FODDER

GommeInc
13-12-2004, 10:58 PM
I have a perfectly good flame thrower in the shed I could use, it fire fireballs when it is heating up!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!