PDA

View Full Version : What can I benefit from thieving?

Largo
31-01-2006, 11:58 PM
What can I? Natures? But only 1 at a time. :'(
Reply please. X'D

Tyed
01-02-2006, 12:06 AM
Cakes :P

nvrspk4
01-02-2006, 12:41 AM
---Stall Profits---

Okay, so you're a pretty good thief, but pick-pocketing people just isn't your style. You want money fast. Well, thats what thieving is, right? But I have a solution to your problem: Stall Profits. What exactly do I mean by this? I mean by stealing by stalls from other cities, and going to other cities and re-selling them. This might seem like it wouldn't add up much, but believe me, in about 10 minutes, you could have over 6k. Items/Skills needed/recommended:
-Level 35 Thieving
-Ring of Dueling or Ardounge Teleport runes highly recommended
-Teleport Runes to Varrock highly recommended
-About 2k gp (This is needed to start out, but in the long run, you will still be making a profit. You can also bring more if you want for more loads of silk.)

---------MAJOR HINT--------

This could save a couple gp for you if you want a couple gp saved. When your buying from the Silk Merchant in Al-Kharid, say you don't want to buy any, then he'll lower the price to 2 gp! So you will be saving 28 gp per load if you do that trick. I don't know if you reall care about 28 gp per load, but hey! Every gp counts!

---Strategy---

It all starts in Al-Kharid. Go North of the Palace to the Silk Trader. He sells silk for a measley 3 gp. (Or 2 gp if using MAJOR HINT) Buy silk until your inventory is full. Then bank the silk. Repeat until you have the desired amount of silk. Now, use your Ring of Dueling or Ardounge teleport runes to get to Ardounge. Take out a full load of silk. Go to the market and find the Silk Merchant. Talk to him and your person will say "I have some silk from Al-Kharid that I will sell" Then when he asks you how much click on 120 coins. He will haggle to 50, then you says 60 gp. He will say something about driving a hard bargain, blah blah blah, then if you had full load of silk, you should get 1680 gp. Keep doing this until you run out of silk. Before you leave Ardounge, steal some loads from the Fur Stall. After you have a couple of loads of Grey Wolf Furs, teleport (or walk) to Varrock. Talk to Baraek. He'll go all crazy cause he likes Grey Wolf Furs. Sell them for 120 each, and you should get 3360 gp. Wow! Keep doing this until you run out of furs. Now go back to Al-Kharid and use some of you new money to buy more silk. Now the chain starts over.

---Math--- Yes, there is math involved here. If you really want to be shrewd businessperson, use these numbers and stuffs to find out exactly how much you will be spending and a making.

-Al-Kharid Silk (buy): 3 gp per silk, 84 gp for a full load
-Ardounge Silk(sell): 60 gp per silk, 1680 for a full load
-Ardounge G. Wolf Furs(steal): Free!
-Varrock G. Wolf Furs(sell): 120 gp per G. Wolf Fur, 3360 gp

---2nd Strategy---

Though this strategy doesn't involve a lot of walking, it won't earn you as much profit. First, buy a LOT of loads of silk from Al-Kharid. Now go to Ardounge and sell them all to the silk merchant. The reason this doesn't make a lot of profit is that you are only selling silk for 1680 gp a load, and since 1680 is 1/2 of 3360, (the amount you get from Baraek) you are really getting only 1/3 of the profits you would regularly get using Strategy #1.

---3rd Strategy---

Can you say, "Time consuming"? You'd better be able to, cause this strategy is time consuming. Buy LOTS and LOTS or silk from the ARDOUNGE Silk Merchant. I hope you know why this strategy is time consuming now. You will have to wait a while before you can resell them to the same merchant (Since the Silk Trader in Al-Kharid doesn't buy silk) I would say this is the worst strategy, because not only does it take a long time, but it also only gives 1/3 per load then if you were doing it with strategy #1.

All taken straight off www.runehq.com .

Largo
01-02-2006, 12:57 AM
So you make about 1,500 GP per load? That's aburb! I'd have to do that a lot then.

Rashelly
01-02-2006, 03:09 AM
But...WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH THIEVING?
You don't get any thieving exp from doing that, nvrspk4...so it's useless information...did you even read it?
In my opinion, nothing much can be gasined from thieving, but you do get a lot of seeds if you steal from master farmers...

Pimpers
01-02-2006, 04:51 AM
If you have 75 theiving..

PRETTY JEWELS! ;)

if 76 theiving or whatever

SHARKS!

Mohwar.
01-02-2006, 07:06 AM
53 for Desert but its useless tho i would just get 53 and leave it its boring and long

micky.blue.eyes
01-02-2006, 07:09 AM
lol nvrpsk!
Those tips are pretty useless, buying from al kharid takes ages because you can only buy 1 at a time. Just get thieving up, steal silk at ardounge, store it at the bank, when you have alot, go away and come back after 1 or 2 days (don't know how long you need to stay away) and then sell it.

If I were you I would pickpocket guards, you get 30gp every time and you can pickpocket at ardounge market, so you can steal cakes when your low on health.

When you are lvl 85 thieving, I believe you can pickpocket hero's and they say you can easily make 100k an hour, but it's a very long way to 85 thieving. ;)

Largo
01-02-2006, 12:39 PM
24 Thieving already bores me, if only I had a purpose of getting it, then it wouldn't be.

Scottehh...
01-02-2006, 01:17 PM
its 80 for Hero's

Future
01-02-2006, 01:26 PM
im 63 theiving i find theiving bloods n 500 gp per is quick money

Dan
01-02-2006, 03:02 PM
theifin owns all!!!! (H) can make a nice bit of cash from theifin, along with gems,seeds and other useful items :p am theifin off gnomes right now givin me alot of frogs legs come in handy for my herblore ;]

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!