PDA

View Full Version : Help With counterstrike

Coding4Newbs
02-02-2006, 05:24 AM
Hey im a newbie to cs, im downloading source now, do i need half life 1 or 2 or counterstrike to play this?

- Thanjks

NekkLe
02-02-2006, 12:05 PM
Counterstrike source, I'm not sure if they've released a single disc/game for it yet but to my knowlege, I bought Half Life 2. It has CSS on the Half Life 2 disc and you can choose whether to install Half Life 2 or Counterstrike source.
Unless sierra have made a single game for CSS, you going to have to use Half Life 2 in order to play it.

teenagetimmy
02-02-2006, 12:32 PM
Have you bought a legal copy of Counter-Strike: Source? Or are you just downloading it from BitTorrent or something.Counter-Strike: Source uses Half-Life 2 Content, i believe you have to have to have Half-Life 2 installed to play CS: Source. Sierra has nothing to do with Half-Life 2 anymore i believe and Valve has released a CS Anthology pack which is: Counter-Strike 1.6, Condition Zero and Counter-Strike: Source

RebelScum
03-02-2006, 12:59 PM
Have you bought a legal copy of Counter-Strike: Source? Or are you just downloading it from BitTorrent or something.Counter-Strike: Source uses Half-Life 2 Content, i believe you have to have to have Half-Life 2 installed to play CS: Source. Sierra has nothing to do with Half-Life 2 anymore i believe and Valve has released a CS Anthology pack which is: Counter-Strike 1.6, Condition Zero and Counter-Strike: Source

If you have bought Counter-strike: Source through steam for 19.99 then, and ONLY then, can you play it without HL2 installed.

If I remember rightly, the "cs:s without hl2" package comes with half-life 2:deathmatch and Day of Defeat: Source free :)

Nixon!
04-02-2006, 09:07 PM
yeh that is right, and u can get the accounts for cheaper than 19.99, i paid 7.99 ;P

mnbvjifhgtge
04-02-2006, 09:08 PM
CSS isnt out by itself yet apart from steam which is the only way to get CSS. half life 2 is needed to play if you dont fancy downloading via valves crap software. and btw source doesnt come in the CounterStrike anthology. the games athat are in there are CounterStrike 1.6 CounterStrike:Condition Zero and CS:CZ Deleted Scenes

RebelScum
05-02-2006, 01:02 PM
CSS isnt out by itself yet apart from steam which is the only way to get CSS. half life 2 is needed to play if you dont fancy downloading via valves crap software. and btw source doesnt come in the CounterStrike anthology. the games athat are in there are CounterStrike 1.6 CounterStrike:Condition Zero and CS:CZ Deleted Scenes

Steam is the multiplayer and patch system for counter-strike now, so it'd be pretty darn pointless to try and play counter-strike: source without steam, wouldn't it?

CodeDemon
05-02-2006, 03:03 PM
Yea would be stupid to play cs with our steam you muppet

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!