PDA

View Full Version : This is pathetic...

Biseinen
02-02-2006, 04:13 PM
Okay, I'm really annoyed. The filter on Habbox is designed to stop people saying 'naughty' words, right?

Well what happens when that word comes up in a normal situation?

. It had no 'dirty' meaning.
. The word is 'relevant' to the certain situation.
. No other word can beused instead of it.

I have had 11 personal warnings for avoiding the filter in normal situations.

I would like to see the 'filter' system updated and it made better because I'm getting so peeved at the fact that I can't even say bands name or the 'gender' of someone. (The three letter word).

I know what the moderators will say... "BuT iTSz Agernzed The FilTER sO weeZ wRnNS U!"

A load of poo. (See what I'm left to resort to?!) Poo... [Grins]

So yeah...

Karl -

Krusty
02-02-2006, 04:16 PM
-agree's-
Anyone who doesnt know swear words will learn them eventually.
And the people who dont know them, they are probably age 11 or lower
And shouldnt even be on the forum

Clarissa,
02-02-2006, 04:19 PM
I think only strong words words should be filtered like the 'F word', they need to unfilter the word that means something you do to a straw.

Biseinen
02-02-2006, 04:20 PM
-agree's-
Anyone who doesnt know swear words will learn them eventually.
And the people who dont know them, they are probably age 11 or lower
And shouldnt even be on the forum

Well I'm not talking about unfiltering obvious swear words and words that just have a vulgar meaning.

TealArms
02-02-2006, 04:46 PM
I am not allowed to say my uncle's name as it has a males bits in it, what if someone was called Di

Ostinato
02-02-2006, 05:10 PM
Although there are the odd occasion when people say them genuinley, I can assure you there are alot of cases when people would take advantage of them being unfiltered.

In the case of the '3 letter word', you purposely went out to evade the filter, when you could have simply said 'gender' instead...

Biseinen
02-02-2006, 05:22 PM
Yes, well I'm taking my national diploma in Spors and Science at the moment and I'm always using the correct termonology for all of what I say, I said it because I'm used to saying it.

Moderators use their judgement in the situation to give out the warnings, bans or whatever.

Not when CLEARLY someone was using it correctly and not in a vulgar or obscene manner.

TealArms
02-02-2006, 05:35 PM
Although there are the odd occasion when people say them genuinley, I can assure you there are alot of cases when people would take advantage of them being unfiltered.

In the case of the '3 letter word', you purposely went out to evade the filter, when you could have simply said 'gender' instead...

Why should we! it is like saying or no your not allowed to say gay, when you could be saying your gay or using it as in happy! Your rubbish at your job anyway you send a pm to the wrong person and put in what you needed to do

Mentor
02-02-2006, 08:11 PM
Since when did Se X become Vulger, Trust me without it Your woulnt even exist. Se x is a natral and non vulgar as it gets. if you find s ex Sick, then Make an appointment with a conciller Immidetly.

TealArms
02-02-2006, 08:32 PM
Since when did Se X become Vulger, Trust me without it Your woulnt even exist. Se x is a natral and non vulgar as it gets. if you find s ex Sick, then Make an appointment with a conciller Immidetly.
True lol

Concentric
02-02-2006, 09:32 PM
I agree that it might be a sensible idea to review our policy on punishing people for using filtered words in a normal, non-vulgar context, but that doesn't mean that any word which could be used in a different context should be un-filtered.

And for heavens sake don't come out with the arguement "What happens if we use gay to mean happy?!11". I invite you to find one normal person in modern society who uses gay in that context in preference to the word happy or any other relevant term.

ReInfected
02-02-2006, 09:45 PM
I am not allowed to say my uncle's name as it has a males bits in it, what if someone was called Di
LMAO!! Thats such a funny name!!!! HAHAHAHHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8Freak8
02-02-2006, 09:55 PM
And for heavens sake don't come out with the arguement "What happens if we use gay to mean happy?!11". I invite you to find one normal person in modern society who uses gay in that context in preference to the word happy or any other relevant term.

Swish! :eusa_clap

I guess the mods just do what they are told to do. In terms of your record, each warning is linked to the post you were warned for. If you ever want to apply for a forum mod job or something, you would have a fair case for politely asking the manager to take notice that the warnings you have received are, well, picky.

If you are worried about getting banned, again I think you would have a fair case to be reconsidered (I doubt they would ban you anyway).

It is of course unadvisable to rebel though.

Edit: I think you were warned for saying the name of a female girl band. Remember not all mods are from the UK so they might not realise that they are being harsh.

Michael.
02-02-2006, 10:10 PM
theres a c word which rhymes with rap which can't be said on here. My question is 'WHY NOT'?
a) the word has been unfiltered by habbo hotel (which treats us like 5yr olds)
and b) it isn't even swearing in the first place.

You would also like to critisize not being able to say s'uck or sc'rewed w/o a mod shouting down your ear for it. These words are everyday words which some idiots make vulgar.

ban the WUM's, and not us for avoiding the filter to use everyday terms.

Biseinen
02-02-2006, 10:11 PM
Edit: I think you were warned for saying the name of a female girl band. Remember not all mods are from the UK so they might not realise that they are being harsh.

[Nods] Yup, and the Moderator who warned me knows ALL about them, he just wanted to give me a warning anyway. ^_^;

I agree, concentric. It's words like... Well I can't say them but it's words that are used in every day contzt, not just in an offensive/vulgar way.

Adam$
02-02-2006, 10:26 PM
Okay, I'm really annoyed. The filter on Habbox is designed to stop people saying 'naughty' words, right?

I would like to see the 'filter' system updated and it made better because I'm getting so peeved at the fact that I can't even say bands name or the 'gender' of someone. (The three letter word).

I know what the moderators will say... "BuT iTSz Agernzed The FilTER sO weeZ wRnNS U!"

So yeah...

Karl -
I agree, this can be very annoying.

Concentric
02-02-2006, 10:27 PM
[Nods] Yup, and the Moderator who warned me knows ALL about them, he just wanted to give me a warning anyway. ^_^;

I agree, concentric. It's words like... Well I can't say them but it's words that are used in every day contzt, not just in an offensive/vulgar way.
If they are none offensive and can be used in an everday context why can't you say them?

Anflex
02-02-2006, 11:40 PM

So yeah...

Karl -

Hi Karl, Andy here, how are you? I'm ok, thanks for asking.

Right, as much as I like you mate, I've gotta' say...

In the Habbox Rules it clearly (<-- please note, bold and underlined) states, "It is not allowed to try and avoid the swear filter".

Even if the words are meant in a good way, we as Moderators still have to remove it and warn you. :( Even if we know you arn't meaning it in an offensive way.

So until the Habbox Rules are changed, or we as Moderators are told differently by Managment, we will carry on removing any words that avoid the filter.

Moose
02-02-2006, 11:53 PM

So yeah...

Karl -

Yes I hate it too, I can't say "Oh, that band sûcks" then getting a warning for using "inappropriate language". Also the way Moderators are trained...

sierk1
03-02-2006, 12:17 PM
To avoid confusion and discussiong I don't want the word filter to be avoided in ANY situation, so also not when you want to use a filtered word in a way that is not considered swearing or offensive.
I am sure you can say everything you want without the need to avoid the filter by using different words, like you actually show yourself, by using words like gender and poo. If there are any filtered words that are necessary to be used and that cannot be avoided by using different words please let me know in a Personal Message.

Btw as far as I know gay and suck aren't filtered, so what does it matter if you mean gay as in homosexual or gay as in happy?

You must not forget this forum is not moderated by "sensible" adults, who we can assume to be capable of judging wether or not a filtered word is used in an acceptable way. We don't have a minimum age for moderators, if you are 8 years old and can type properly you can become a moderator. Therefore I like the rules to be very clear and easy to interpret so that there won't be any discussions about how to apply them.

So yeah...

Karl -=

Eye!
03-02-2006, 02:12 PM
you ahve 8 yr old moderators!!!there prob taking out all the posts like "ewwww se x is ikkyt and it makes me shiver" GAWD~!!~!!~!!

joshuar
03-02-2006, 02:25 PM
The word censor is there to make the site 'family friendly', now I know most people probably swear at lot when they are with their mates and on MSN, im know I often do. But do you swear in front of your parents? Some parents pay a lot of attention to what people are doing on the internet, and may even check out the website for themselves. If they come on and just see nothing but swearing they will probably ask for the site to be filtered from your view, or use the Internet tools to filter it themselves.
I know I use the forums at school and if they contained swearing they would be filtered, I know some people think they are 'harder' if they swear but on something we want to keep family friendly then you shouldn't swear, you visit this site, all the Forum Management ask is that you follow the rules.
You must consider things like removing the filter from ALL points of view, not just your own.

---MAD---
03-02-2006, 03:06 PM
The word censor is there to make the site 'family friendly', now I know most people probably swear at lot when they are with their mates and on MSN, im know I often do. But do you swear in front of your parents? Some parents pay a lot of attention to what people are doing on the internet, and may even check out the website for themselves. If they come on and just see nothing but swearing they will probably ask for the site to be filtered from your view, or use the Internet tools to filter it themselves.
I know I use the forums at school and if they contained swearing they would be filtered, I know some people think they are 'harder' if they swear but on something we want to keep family friendly then you shouldn't swear, you visit this site, all the Forum Management ask is that you follow the rules.
You must consider things like removing the filter from [b]ALL[/] points of view, not just your own.
good point there and well explain!

One thing you missed is that, habbo has a censor, meaning the fansites should as they will both have the same viewers/visiters.

Biseinen
03-02-2006, 04:00 PM
Habbox isn't an official fansite therefore don't have to follow their rules of the official 'fan site way'.

And crash, I'm not talking about words that have meaning of a vulgar nature.

You can take almost everyword and turn it into a 'dirty' sentence, but not everyone is that mature, if the words are used in that way, then yeah, ban them, warn them or whatever but why should the mature ones have to suffer because of the immature ones?

Here are a list of words I wanna see unfiltered from the Habbox Filter:

Note: I am NOT delibrityly trying to get a unfiltered word in and get away with it, this is because this thread is a discussion and a mature one.

Séx (As in the gender)
Súck (Even my little brother says things like 'That sucks...')

These are the only major ones I can actually think of at this current time.

Lyca
03-02-2006, 04:04 PM
I no you cant say the bands name " The bobba Cat Dolls "
Im not anoyed i just think something needs done

8Freak8
03-02-2006, 04:42 PM
As sierk pointed out, suck was unfiltered at some point. I think gender is an ok word to replace the other thing with.

Moose
03-02-2006, 06:17 PM
Oh well, inform the child-like moderators to not edit messages when "suck" is used when speaking of something and not directed at anyone.

Mentor
03-02-2006, 06:31 PM
"What happens if we use gay to mean happy?!11". I invite you to find one normal person in modern society who uses gay in that context in preference to the word happy or any other relevant term.
Well, I have done and do on occaion, my english teacher always did and continues two, the large majorty of people over 50 do.. and that happens to be signifatly more than one "/

The word censor is there to make the site 'family friendly', now I know most people probably swear at lot when they are with their mates and on MSN, im know I often do. But do you swear in front of your parents?
Yes, i do. I talk this thing called english and they happen to be words in it "/

Some parents pay a lot of attention to what people are doing on the internet, and may even check out the website for themselves. If they come on and just see nothing but swearing they will probably ask for the site to be filtered from your view, or use the Internet tools to filter it themselves.
You must consider things like removing the filter from ALL points of view, not just your own.
One, a site full with swaring would just be idots swaring, who wana go with that. a site where they talk like NORMAL people, well actaly maybe they may.
If a site has filtering it should actaly be OF sware words, not just every other random word under the sun. it should also be optinal IMO.
you can think people want to be harder all you like, **** is the most vertile word in the english langwage, where u like it or not that makes it very useful for putting points over.

As sierk pointed out, suck was unfiltered at some point. I think gender is an ok word to replace the other thing with.
Ok, but would you then mind enightening me on how S E X Is vulgure or sick by any streatch of the imagention, or how any right mindrer person could find it offencive?
Then maybe i may have some small comprehention of why in the world its filtered even in the contexted of Makeing lover, never lown as a gender deffinitive version "/

joshuar
03-02-2006, 09:03 PM
OK, most people don't swear in front of their parents for no reason, those words may be in the English language but they are not words that people find polite and not found 'family friendly' thats why films with strong language have warnings and are often rated 12.

TwoWorlds
03-02-2006, 09:34 PM
yes 12 rated, Your not allowed to play habbo without permission under 12 or 11 "/

Mentor
05-02-2006, 02:54 AM
OK, most people don't swear in front of their parents for no reason, those words may be in the English language but they are not words that people find polite and not found 'family friendly' thats why films with strong language have warnings and are often rated 12.
And who defines whats polite or family freindly? As i disagree i talk english regarudless of who i talk to, i dont have random diffent dialects.
(baring of corse if i were speaking french or japonise or somthing)
PG's Contain Swaring. 12s usealy come from vilence or sexual refrance... And everyone on habbo has to be over 12 do they not anyway "/

Plus To the **** who bad reped me, i now agree with my point that fact there stupid enogh to do that, is proof there are at least some members idiotic enogh to do what i descibed.

samuel
05-02-2006, 03:01 AM

OMGZ LIKE I JUST LISTENED TO THE GENDER PISTOLS OMGZ0Rz0Rz!

KIDDING.

Who is going to call a good band the Gender pistols.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!