PDA

View Full Version : Is the UK turning into America II?

Michael.
12-12-2004, 11:49 AM
Is the UK turning into America II?

We seem to be turning into an America. With the right to kill burglars soon going to be here and the 'War in Iraq', do you think that we're becomeing the United States Of Britain?

I'm not sure on the issue, I'm basically either way. I know many of you are strongly opinionated so I'll let you do the talking :D .

But if we are, Teesside should get it's own state ;) .

Woodeh.

lukeisok
12-12-2004, 11:51 AM
I Think So....

Mentor
12-12-2004, 12:45 PM
the right to kill birglers isnt comeing to britain? that would be deemed imperportant forse, making it still ilagal, athogh wacking them with a base ball bat wopuld be ok :/
anyway theres no proof this law will get passed, as its not actaly much diffent form the currnat one, as it still saynu can atke any resoanble means to deffned yourslef, in or out of home.
I think the uks bigger worry is the fact its become a "nanny state" i think tahst wat they call it, with the govemnt trying to affcet are lifes and tell people waht to do.

GommeInc
12-12-2004, 01:12 PM
LOL, How dare you say England is becoming an America 2, America is New England! New York is named after York etc. Illnois is a French Town!

The right to kill Burglars is NOT coming to Britain, the right to protect your house without the aid of weapons is coming to Britain!

Britain is an individual country that apparently founded America thus the name New England which is a nickname America has. America steals ideas, they tried to make their own Canberra (a plane that lands on water, which is the size of a Jumbo Jet) and call it their own and they stole the blue prints. Concorde was another idea they were going to steal, when in fact it is a French and British Plane.

England tries not to listen to America! Why else would we of pulled out of Iraq (other than it is not our battle)?

We cannot become a 'United States of Britain' when there are NO states to begin with and Britain are too small to have its own State System. Britain in in fact the size of the Mississippi River System!

Mentor
12-12-2004, 07:43 PM
we didnt pull out of the irack war? were still in it :/, athogh it is true the british founded america.

GommeInc
12-12-2004, 09:04 PM
They also stole some of our ideas, luckily they were bad at making them huh.

ash5768
12-12-2004, 09:09 PM
Hmmm.... hard question. I gues in a way we might be becoin the United of Kingdomi sure mhope not but waht with fast food slowly takin over and war and **** leaders tahts a thinker

Concentric
12-12-2004, 09:26 PM
LOL, How dare you say England is becoming an America 2, America is New England! New York is named after York etc. Illnois is a French Town!

The right to kill Burglars is NOT coming to Britain, the right to protect your house without the aid of weapons is coming to Britain!

Britain is an individual country that apparently founded America thus the name New England which is a nickname America has. America steals ideas, they tried to make their own Canberra (a plane that lands on water, which is the size of a Jumbo Jet) and call it their own and they stole the blue prints. Concorde was another idea they were going to steal, when in fact it is a French and British Plane.

England tries not to listen to America! Why else would we of pulled out of Iraq (other than it is not our battle)?

We cannot become a 'United States of Britain' when there are NO states to begin with and Britain are too small to have its own State System. Britain in in fact the size of the Mississippi River System!
You're thinking of it too literally, of course there arn't states in the UK but that's not what he meant.
And what do you mean about Iraq, we havn't pulled out at all :eusa_thin

AndieJohanny
13-12-2004, 04:33 AM
Lol Burglars don't get killed here... :p I'm just gonna stop talking because clearly I'm in the minority :eusa_whis

Ciaran
13-12-2004, 07:28 PM
united states of britan? lol well firstly we arnt all united... second we arnt states and third they copied us.

Mendonky
13-12-2004, 07:32 PM
as the years go by, similarities between the uk and amrica are strenghthening, so i think there is sumthing fishy about that

GommeInc
13-12-2004, 08:03 PM
Well we're not United is a good fact but neither are America in some cases, they kill each other.
We won't become an America 2 when already America Is New England, so really that would mix up alot of names now wouldnt it.
We are still a Monarchy type country and still will be in fact as it will be William next, I think it is as Charles isn't talked about

Mit
14-12-2004, 08:22 PM
it was stupid before that law about burgulars. th us just had enough commen sence before to introduce being able to use force against burgualars. anyway our law is slightly different.

The UK is inlfuenced by America, Music and Fimls but is not becoming like the US. Its just the way the British are, we are quite different.

Americans talk loudly in restuarants British usually wisper. Things like that will never change

Mit
14-12-2004, 08:28 PM
as the years go by, similarities between the uk and amrica are strenghthening, so i think there is sumthing fishy about that

Of course there are similaritiews. music and TV/Films contribute to most of that but remember. The British used to rule America (only called USA asfter war of independence) aand British comapnies and American companies use similar ideas.

Also America is the most influential country on Britian, most of UK's imports come from America most of UK's exports go to America. Some parts of Americans way of life will rub off on UK but to say the UK is America II is completely wrong

GommeInc
14-12-2004, 08:52 PM
Americans are more ruder and the British are poshe.

Mit
18-12-2004, 04:02 PM
i think americans just have a more experisive way of living. If they think something is bad then they will say its bad.

sweetchocolate
18-12-2004, 04:22 PM
Is the UK turning into America II?

We seem to be turning into an America. With the right to kill burglars soon going to be here and the 'War in Iraq', do you think that we're becomeing the United States Of Britain?

I'm not sure on the issue, I'm basically either way. I know many of you are strongly opinionated so I'll let you do the talking :D .

But if we are, Teesside should get it's own state ;) .

Woodeh.

i think yes

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Pulchritudinous
18-12-2004, 04:22 PM
Well I disagree...
England is England.
America is America.

They may have similarities, but of course they will, the English moved there hundreds of years ago, and why is everyone being so stereotypical about the americans, I'm pretty sure not everyone in the us are the same.

GommeInc
18-12-2004, 07:13 PM
Dont all countries have Similarities?

Austrailia is like England lets go call that England 2 lol.

America was apart of England thats why it is called New England so why do we want to be called New America? If we were going to be more like something we would surely be more like France or somewhere in Europe as Barmy Blair already is thinking about Euro's, if we get them I will scream, Pounds are more better than Euros and Dollars.

Corey777
21-12-2004, 03:36 AM
Americans are more ruder and the British are poshe.

Heh, In a study done by www.expedia.com, studies show that overall, British people are the rudest in the world. ;)

mutants-leaf
21-12-2004, 07:04 AM
OMG,i live in canada but i just have to post this. Your all stating that the U.S is New England right? But your also stating that U.S is copying England. HELLO!?!? DUH! Its New England. The english founded U.S and therefor their ways would be the same!!

Concentric
21-12-2004, 10:27 AM
I wouldn't say that the US copied Britain, more that we worked together in the sense that we came up with ideas but didn't have the resources, so we gave it over to America so that they could build 4598793 of them for us :afro:

Butcher11
23-12-2004, 08:17 PM
Of course, both countries have very similar societies. And those of you saying no it's not a new America because we founded them, are not understanding the question lol

GommeInc
24-12-2004, 04:47 PM
Heh, In a study done by www.expedia.com, studies show that overall, British people are the rudest in the world. ;)

It was the French the last time I saw it, websites give different views but one Mentor went on said the French are the rudest, language of love or what?

Corey777
24-12-2004, 07:33 PM
It was the French the last time I saw it, websites give different views but one Mentor went on said the French are the rudest, language of love or what?

Mine is most likely outdated... from 2003.

GommeInc
27-12-2004, 12:31 AM
OMG,i live in canada but i just have to post this. Your all stating that the U.S is New England right? But your also stating that U.S is copying England. HELLO!?!? DUH! Its New England. The english founded U.S and therefor their ways would be the same!!
Finally someone who isnt thick!

Butcher11
27-12-2004, 04:33 PM
Well I know the French are very anti- American, so many polls will be different relating to nationality of person who wrote the poll.

GommeInc
27-12-2004, 05:17 PM
I cant blame them being anti-american, one reason is they copied ideas.
Concorde was a French-English plane but guess what, the Americans decided to make one of their own, but luckily they were too dumb to make it and failed miserably.
The Canberra, a sea plane was an English plane, the materials were given to us to make it by the French and the French wanted to be out idea, but then the Americans decided to make on of their own, it crashed killing the pilot I think, they failed miserably luckily but if they didn't the French would be more anti-American than they are now.
America backs up England more than the French even the French are better allies in most cases to Americans, at least they let us in the country without any problems, the Americans hate us in their land even thougn we founded them.
The Americans made up the French Frog and 'Frenchies' eat Frogs Legs, which is un true as most French people hate frogs legs and then there was the snail rumour the Americans have.

Now the Americans think the British suffer from bad looks, bad teeth and drink alot of tea. The fact that there is a hell of alot of fat people in America and they eat fatty foods and are ugly is very strange. America is the source of all global hatred as they hate all countries.

But you do get friendly Americans though, like my relatives whom most of thmem are half America and 1 is American, she is friendly but talking to her she told me that most Americans are snobbish and don't like England or anywhere in Europe for that matter.

Corey777
30-12-2004, 12:51 AM
Well I know the French are very anti- American, so many polls will be different relating to nationality of person who wrote the poll.

Which is America and Canada combined. However, this wasn't based on that. It was based on international vacationers and which were the rudest :p

I cant blame them being anti-american, one reason is they copied ideas.
Concorde was a French-English plane but guess what, the Americans decided to make one of their own, but luckily they were too dumb to make it and failed miserably.
The Canberra, a sea plane was an English plane, the materials were given to us to make it by the French and the French wanted to be out idea, but then the Americans decided to make on of their own, it crashed killing the pilot I think, they failed miserably luckily but if they didn't the French would be more anti-American than they are now.
America backs up England more than the French even the French are better allies in most cases to Americans, at least they let us in the country without any problems, the Americans hate us in their land even thougn we founded them.
The Americans made up the French Frog and 'Frenchies' eat Frogs Legs, which is un true as most French people hate frogs legs and then there was the snail rumour the Americans have.

Now the Americans think the British suffer from bad looks, bad teeth and drink alot of tea. The fact that there is a hell of alot of fat people in America and they eat fatty foods and are ugly is very strange. America is the source of all global hatred as they hate all countries.

But you do get friendly Americans though, like my relatives whom most of thmem are half America and 1 is American, she is friendly but talking to her she told me that most Americans are snobbish and don't like England or anywhere in Europe for that matter.

Americans hate Brits?

Where is your source on this one? Seems a little like you are labelling them. From everything thats happening now, Americans and Brits are very close friends atm.

The bad teeth assumption is just in general. If I recall there is a Simpsons episode where Ralph is visiting the dentist and admits to not bruahing his teeth.

The dentist opens a book and says: "Lets take a look at.... The BIG book of British smiles" Raplh cries in discust.

The tea thing is something everyone thinks. And it is TRUE. The UK does in fact drink a lot of tea. Yes, Americans are known to be obese, but obviously not everyone is obese.

The cource of global hatred puzzles me. Isn't the United States giveing them ost of all countries to the latest Global cotastrophe in Indonesia and Sri Lanka?

I think you are all backwards on the subject of the USA

Mentor
30-12-2004, 01:40 AM
Simpsons poke fun of everyone? i dont get offened, sterio types are based in truth, but are then exsagrted, personly i hate tea, and thinking about i dont think i know nay that do like it? it mostly coffie.. but then agin im not keen on that ether.

America nad britan are bound to be similar, american was onmce part of the britsh empire, wich then split off, i think the opsit is probly happening of what this thred dicribles, its probly more likly, that briain and american are probly becomeing more differnt, but then again, due to the masive incres in communition, the whole world is starting to become more the same.

Butcher11
31-12-2004, 02:39 PM
Gomme, no sense insulting other nationalities. And I know NO ONE who thinks the Biritish are inferior, you have no idea what you're talking about :$
America considers Britain our strongest ally. We dont hate all countries, all countrties hate us. And James, I remember that scene lol.

Gomme it's obvious you're quite Anit-American, but you show no clear reasons why?

Pulchritudinous
31-12-2004, 02:48 PM
So what is english are said to be the rudest, I'm english, and I know i'm not rude, so these 'studies' don't bother me.
I don't beleive you should group people like that, just because people live in the same area together, it doesn't mean they are all the same.

Mined
02-01-2005, 07:44 PM
Definately

Mined
We spend to much time with Bush

Mined
Well tony blair does anyway

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!