PDA

View Full Version : Friends bad choice..

Embean
05-02-2006, 12:18 AM
My friend is getting braces, and she thinks they're 'cool'
And she said to me 'Oh im getting black and purple train tracks with white crosses!'
This in no way is offence to people with braces, so please dont take it as offence!
Its that people at our school make fun of people with braces, theyre just rotten and horrible.
How can I tell her that she could easily make a better choice, without sounding mean and pushy.

Jizbojiz
05-02-2006, 12:31 AM
Dunno just say how minging braces are because all the food getting stuck in them and gum , gross ;[ and that the colour choice will make you look like you have dirty teeth

Lyca
05-02-2006, 12:34 AM
Just tell her about the criticism she may get

SHEEPY
05-02-2006, 12:36 AM
Not really a question that needs answering is it? Manky teeth or wearing a brace for a year or so?

-Acidic
05-02-2006, 12:37 AM
Ive Had mine taken off and the Result is Brilliant. her Teeth will be Better when its done

NekkLe
05-02-2006, 10:12 AM
I don't think its a question of the criticism she'd get but she obviously has to have them for a reason. Some people might find them ugly, some may find them cool, either way, you still need them for a purpose.

Explain to her that she might be in for some comments that might make her upset, other than that, she can only wear them till her teeth are better.

Clarissa,
05-02-2006, 10:16 AM
I have braces :'( they suck.

Toes
05-02-2006, 10:19 AM
If one of my close friends said to me 'I don't think you should get braces' I would just say 'Umm... oki'

But it depends how for dwn the line she is. If she has had the mould in then maybe she could change her mind but if she has spacers in then theres nothing you can do about it.

(I have braces :))

Bef
05-02-2006, 10:22 AM
Huh? If she needs braces... she needs braces. Trust me, i should have had them but didn't and now i wish i did...
Shes got to think about the future... And i think she would prefer straight teeth for the rest of her life over braces for a year. Whoever makes fun of her for them is seriously pathetic. My advice is stick by her. She obviously realises some people might make comments and she doesnt seem bothered.
One thing i would suggest is that she doesnt have black as
from a distance it looks like people have really bad teeth... and white just shows how un white peoples teeth are and yellow makes them look yellower...

Jizbojiz
05-02-2006, 12:09 PM
I think she means the colour choice

Clarissa,
05-02-2006, 12:11 PM
Yeah don't have black they make them really obvious I had black and I hated it. Tell her to stick with silver makes them less obvious.

ChloeDust
05-02-2006, 12:23 PM
Hmm, just suggest some other colours for her, black really isnt a good colour to go with, as others have said it gives the illusion that your teeth are dirty.

Pink is quite a nice colour..what i went with ahem ;D or they might do clear? I can't remember. But yeh try hinting/suggesting some other colours, she might get the hint :]

Embean
05-02-2006, 12:41 PM
Thanks for all your advice guys<3

StripedTiger
05-02-2006, 01:00 PM
Hmmm get the biggest freak in your shcool to say that tis a good chocie and then she'll want to change them :D

sorry.. just an idea :P

YellowParasol
05-02-2006, 04:16 PM
Not really a question that needs answering is it? Manky teeth or wearing a brace for a year or so?
Ive had mine over 2 Years..

-:Undertaker:-
05-02-2006, 04:43 PM
I Might Be Getting Some...

Sarah.
23-02-2006, 02:00 PM
I've had braces for about 20 months and the other day one of my friends said to me "Do you have braces?? OMG, when did you get those in?" Many people don't even know I have them. She might have them for a couple of years but the end result is worth it.

MorningMuder
26-02-2006, 09:35 PM
I wouldn't show them off In public... I'd try to keep my mouth closed.

Charlie
26-02-2006, 09:54 PM
Just tell her that the colour aren't such a good idea 'cause of like what the other's said, But also at the end of the day, it's her choice.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!