PDA

View Full Version : The offical guide of how to get free music onto your ipod!

Rawr
05-02-2006, 11:04 AM
Ok, so you have an ipod and your sick of buying albums and perhaps the odd song from itunes at a chargly cost. Well this guide will help you get free music with no cost. :)

->First you will need Limewire go to http://www.downloads.com and search for limewire then download limewire 4.10.5, it's free don't worry.

->Once you have got limewire installed and it's up and running search any audio you would like (bands, artists etc..)

->Once you have found a song click download and wait 2-5 mins for it to download.

->Once downloaded go to tools options (on limewire) and pick a suitable place for your music to be saved (such as recieved files)

->Open itunes and click file then add file to library, search for your song where it's saved and click open.

->Scroll down your itunes and make sure it has been added to your library (if not try again.)

->Plug your ipod in and let it download on to it.

->Switch your ipod on and let the music flow. :D

Jõnathan
05-02-2006, 11:10 AM
Good guide Matt. But me thinks that you'd have to listen to the song first to see of the quality, THEN put it in2 iTunes.

Rawr
05-02-2006, 11:34 AM
Good guide Matt. But me thinks that you'd have to listen to the song first to see of the quality, THEN put it in2 iTunes.

Yeh good point. Once downloaded it you can listen to it on windows media player and if the quality isn't good then pick another. :)

deltateamaplha
05-02-2006, 11:36 AM
if there not paid for that is stealing right ?

[Chris]
05-02-2006, 11:56 AM
nope sum dumb persons put it up or ppl want to share it coz i got
photoshop cs and loads of other stuff off there

Seatherny
05-02-2006, 11:57 AM
Or you can use:

Kazaa
Bear Share
Bit Comet

HUGECOOL
05-02-2006, 12:09 PM
Or you can use:

Kazaa
Bear Share
Bit Comet

Kazaa is horrible.

Limewire is an okay P2P application.

If you want whole music albums or movies, I recomment getting a Torrent client instead.

Instead of downloading individual songs, you can download whole music albums, or even the artist's discography. (Which is what I do. :D)

Some good Torrent clients are:

µTorrent (Personal favorite)

Bit Comet (As Saurav. suggested)
Azureus (Java-based torrent client)The difference between P2Ps and Torrents is that with torrents, you download small tracking files for whatever you wanted to download called (creatively enough) torrents. :D

These torrent files then begin to download your files. After it has finished, it will usually begin to seed, or upload, the file you downloaded to other users who want the files as well.

(You can disable seeding the file if you'd like. Sometimes it slows down your Internet connection.)

They're a little harder to use for first-timers, but I highly recommend it. ;)

Seatherny
05-02-2006, 12:19 PM
Kazaa is horrible.

Limewire is an okay P2P application.

If you want whole music albums or movies, I recomment getting a Torrent client instead.

Instead of downloading individual songs, you can download whole music albums, or even the artist's discography. (Which is what I do. :D)

Some good Torrent clients are:

µTorrent (Personal favorite)

Bit Comet (As Saurav. suggested)
Azureus (Java-based torrent client)The difference between P2Ps and Torrents is that with torrents, you download small tracking files for whatever you wanted to download called (creatively enough) torrents. :D

These torrent files then begin to download your files. After it has finished, it will usually begin to seed, or upload, the file you downloaded to other users who want the files as well.

(You can disable seeding the file if you'd like. Sometimes it slows down your Internet connection.)

They're a little harder to use for first-timers, but I highly recommend it. ;)

Kazaa used to be good
now its rubbish

Tash.
05-02-2006, 12:22 PM
Limewire is ok - it laggs the computer up real bad though
Kazaa - completely messed up my computer - really bad program

Jane
05-02-2006, 01:44 PM
Bit comet rocks, get that.

Mentor
05-02-2006, 03:00 PM
So what do you do when the RRIA files law sutes agaist you?

There supeenering of isp's is currntly on an all time high "/ There makeing "exsamples" of people, big big fines, compleaty with jail time....

Plus wasnt there somthing in habboxs rules about doing illgal things "/

Michael.
05-02-2006, 03:02 PM

There supeenering of isp's is currntly on an all time high "/ There makeing "exsamples" of people, big big fines, compleaty with jail time....

they are hypocrites aren't they!

Revis
05-02-2006, 03:18 PM
I used to use WinMx, which was good, untill it got shut down. I'm using Ares P2P which is usually good, not that anyone cares...

RedStratocas
05-02-2006, 03:48 PM
Illegal, but whatever. And I think everyone knows about limewire, so that isnt much of a guide.:rolleyes:

I steal songs from napster, its much more efficent and comes out better. And I cant get caught. Ive stolen about 800 songs with it in the past few monthes. I cant explain how I do it though.

Tommy
05-02-2006, 03:50 PM

Oh please its like 1/10000000 that you are gonna get fined. Those law people are cracking down on pirate dvd sellers. Not teenagers downloading music. They have more important things to do m'dear!

HUGECOOL
05-02-2006, 09:40 PM
Well, thank you for everyone posting laws and regulations, but we weren't looking for legal advice.

Mentor
05-02-2006, 09:48 PM
Oh please its like 1/10000000 that you are gonna get fined. Those law people are cracking down on pirate dvd sellers. Not teenagers downloading music. They have more important things to do m'dear!
Well u better hope the current action dosnt go threw or isps will be reporting ALL downloaders under the new laws. And the rria have sued 5 years olds for download nuersey rhymes before... ISp keeps loges for 6 months now minum under counter terrism laws. So well u can keep hopeing

Adam$
05-02-2006, 10:30 PM
uTorrent?

BL!NKEY
05-02-2006, 10:31 PM
if there not paid for that is stealing right ?

exactally

i dont know about the laws in the uk but in USA they cought a like 12 year old girl getting songs that way and fined her a few thousand dollers

i used to get songs that way like 4 years ago but have decided that it is wrong and if i was the artist i wouldnt want people ripping my music

if you want songs use itunes or if you dont want to pay just use the radio

Tommy
05-02-2006, 10:34 PM
Well u better hope the current action dosnt go threw or isps will be reporting ALL downloaders under the new laws. And the rria have sued 5 years olds for download nuersey rhymes before... ISp keeps loges for 6 months now minum under counter terrism laws. So well u can keep hopeing
There is worse downloaders around and i doubt were going to be caught.
There are torrent users that download music and films and sell them off again. Dont you think that if these laws were in action then the websites would be taken down for bearshare and stuff?

Helen<3
05-02-2006, 10:36 PM
Nice guide Matty ;]

Tommy
05-02-2006, 10:37 PM
Nice guide Matty ;]
Tisnt really, xD
Tisnt anything i didnt already know xD

Helen<3
05-02-2006, 10:38 PM
Tisnt really, xD
Tisnt anything i didnt already know xD

But there's some insanely stupid people out there, who might not have been able to figure it out themselves.
and it's cool that he took the time to do it ;P

Tommy
05-02-2006, 10:39 PM
But there's some insanely stupid people out there, who might not have been able to figure it out themselves.
and it's cool that he took the time to do it ;P
-cough- YES YES of course -looks around-

samuel
05-02-2006, 10:40 PM
When i had Kazaa it *****ed up the computer, so we had to have our computer empied.
I stopped taking music for free a few months ago cause when my computer was emptied we got a fine for havving free music on our computer -.-
Now i use iTunes. :l

Adam$
05-02-2006, 10:40 PM
There are torrent users that download music and films and sell them off again. Dont you think that if these laws were in action then the websites would be taken down for bearshare and stuff?
They get round that, they say it is not their fault if users put stuff up. And look at this, lmao.

[x] I might use LimeWire for copyright infringement.
[x] I will not use LimeWire for copyright infringement

Jane
05-02-2006, 10:43 PM
Mainly the people who get fined are the people who let other people upload their music, not the people who download off other people. That's why I turn off uploads on Limewire lols.

Mentor
05-02-2006, 10:47 PM
What you mean the reason they shut down the largest 32 bittorrent hubs in existance not all that long ago? no thats not shutting them down is it "/

Anyway How can habbox allow people to steal from recoed comanys yet doesnt let them say S e x .... "/

Jane
05-02-2006, 10:49 PM
What you mean the reason they shut down the largest 32 bittorrent hubs in existance not all that long ago? no thats not shutting them down is it "/

Anyway How can habbox allow people to steal from recoed comanys yet doesnt let them say S e x .... "/

Lmao, that made me laugh :')

BLuweesH
05-02-2006, 10:51 PM
With all the legal action going, I just assumed that you'd only be prosecuted if you owned a music store or something and just downloaded songs, burnt them onto cd, put the cover on and then sold them. Cause I could have remembered a few years ago 2 companies got fined or something like for doing all that...

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!