PDA

View Full Version : Should we have homework?

*.Glitter.Rip.*
12-12-2004, 09:14 PM
Should we? I have 4 pieces every day. Do you think we should have homework?

Hidcilll
12-12-2004, 09:22 PM
well i do belive in home work its extra pratice from what your like learning but so much no

Mentor
12-12-2004, 09:22 PM
Well the work si required by teh natinal corriculm, althogh insted of homework they could ad an exstar hour on the the school day to make up for it. or posibly ad a week or 2 on to a term. or just do homework, i doubt many peple would wnayt an exstar hour of scholl over homework, athogh an exstar week or so of school a year doesnt soudn link to bader trade of?

athogh its up to teh peron themslves

Concentric
12-12-2004, 09:30 PM
The idea of homework is that students learn to study on their own as well as in a classroom environment, but it doesn't always work as wonderfully as planned. There is no reason why homework should have to be done at home, as long as pupils work on their own then it really should not matter. Therefore maybe it would be an idea to have an extra study period maybe on the end of school, where pupils sat in silence and did the work they had been set. This would mean they wouldn't be able to avoid doing it, and would give more free time after school to play :eusa_ange

Hidcilll
12-12-2004, 09:33 PM
Thats a good idea MEMBERS OF HABBOX TO THE SCHOOL BOARD LOL

GommeInc
13-12-2004, 10:59 PM
I would like to see how they will react, I think if you have a computer and internet, just go on that and learn look at me *smiles evilly*

Michael.
14-12-2004, 07:50 AM
Well the work si required by teh natinal corriculm, althogh insted of homework they could ad an exstar hour on the the school day to make up for it. or posibly ad a week or 2 on to a term. or just do homework, i doubt many peple would wnayt an exstar hour of scholl over homework, athogh an exstar week or so of school a year doesnt soudn link to bader trade of?

athogh its up to teh peron themslves
I do not believe in homework
My dad does not believe in homework (He's a teacher ya know!)

Teachers set work for the sake of it, or because they can. I agree with Concentric, up to a point. I think it's stupid that the Govenment are going mad with us for not exercising when they're telling the schools to keep setting homework. In my homework planner, it says that I should only do 1 & 1/2 hrs per night. I get home at 4.00 - after I relax a bit (Till 5.30) I go upstairs to do my homework, which should take me up till 7.00 .

There are 3 problems with this:
1) It always takes me OVER 1hr & 1/2 to do my homework, up to 7.30/8.00 depending what I have to do.
2) I have a busy schedule, I do a lot of activities out of school aswell, that adds an extra hour on sometimes - taking me to 9.00 .
3) I need time to eat and wash - taking me to 9.30

9.30 is when I can relax after a busy night. Come on! I dont find THAT fair. I go to bed at 10.00 so I have 2 hrs to myself, everyday.

Its now getting so bad, I get up at 5.00am and do some homework then, and I'm absolutely shattered. Roll on Christmas...

Ciaran
14-12-2004, 04:41 PM
Homework is a total waste of time i never learn from homework i learn in skool only... it never makes a difference to what i know. total waste of paper + time

Mentor
14-12-2004, 06:44 PM
thet ultenitiuve id guess would simply be add another hour on to the school day, i think the rediculs amount of hw is just becuse the govemnt are cramming to much in to the corriculam

Sketti
17-12-2004, 05:55 PM
Last year i had a science teacher who gave us a report to write EVERY NIGHT! And that was just for him. it wasnt in the curriculum. But I think we should have homework. not too much though.
when I was in year 6 we had blizzards near SATs and we had loads of homework to do i had like 15 pieces! but now i dont get much and the stuff i do get i do learn from. i think everyone learns from their homework.
i disagree with Concentric saying that ppl should do their homework by themselves. I ask for homework help off my mum and dad quite a lot (dispite being top set for everything) they don't give me the answer they just help me figure it out.

GommeInc
19-12-2004, 08:49 PM
Homework and Revision are things I hate.

Pulchritudinous
19-12-2004, 09:10 PM
We do enough at school, and that takes up half the day already, so we should atleast have the rest of the day left to 'exercise', wash, have dinner, have fun and of course sleep, there's been many mornings where I've come in late to school as a result of too much homework the night before.

Simonac55
19-12-2004, 09:20 PM
Well I think homework is to see if you understand it well. Some people are too shy to ask their teachers questions and with homework, the teacher can see if the student needs help or not and if he sees the homework is really bad, he'll try to go steps to steps to the student and watch if he needs help and if so, he'll/she'll help him. Of course, if the teacher don't check out the homework the next day, it isn't worth nothing. But I think it's a great contribution of the understanding of someone.

Homesrfan
19-12-2004, 09:57 PM
Yes, we should have homework.
As much as I hate it, it really does help. What if we never had homework? Would we really ever know how to do anything like in math?

GommeInc
19-12-2004, 10:22 PM
The only sort of homework we should have are things like Coursework and reseraching, something easy and fun.

Concentric
19-12-2004, 11:21 PM
The only sort of homework we should have are things like Coursework and reseraching, something easy and fun.
but if you havn't worked on your own before, i.e. homework, then you'll be duff at coursework and researching without help.

-=rooty987=-
20-07-2005, 07:14 PM
I dunno - i kind of do and kind of don't..

Mentor
20-07-2005, 07:46 PM
i hate homework, id much rather they say exstened the school day by and 1/2 to 1 hour or somthing "/

YellowParasol
20-07-2005, 07:52 PM
Its true.. we do enough of it in School..

Steph
20-07-2005, 08:43 PM
I hate homework! It should be banned...FOREVER!!!! But I don't do it anyway lol I either just dont do it or do it at skool

Digital
20-07-2005, 08:51 PM
hell no i hate it :P

Krypsis
20-07-2005, 08:53 PM
It does my head in, i'd rather have another hour at school like Mentor said then do homework.

Digital
20-07-2005, 09:08 PM
It does my head in, i'd rather have another hour at school like Mentor said then do homework.
hmm in that case i would do the homework

Steph
20-07-2005, 10:13 PM
hmm in that case i would do the homework
yer same ere! if u have an extra hour of skool its sumert dat has to to be done, whereas homework is optional for me =] lol

Georgia
21-07-2005, 04:27 PM
Nooooo :P
At the start of the year I got at least 3 pieces a day!
The last 2 - 3 months i stopped doing it and got less :P

21-07-2005, 04:29 PM
no way, home is where you live, school is where you work

Krypsis
21-07-2005, 04:36 PM
Yes but you do not know how much homework i get, do you like getting 10 side english essays :l

I am a fish
22-07-2005, 09:28 PM
Homework is very useful as it helps you learn, but I do think some teachers need to cut down on the amount of homework they give. Lotsa homework lowers my motivation which lowers my grade :(

Victimized
23-07-2005, 07:36 PM
I usually have double the homework i'm meant to have coz my classes never do any work in school so we get it all to do at home. :(

Eamonn
30-07-2005, 10:50 PM
I dont think we should because most people copy off others anyway

Wayne
30-07-2005, 10:53 PM
I think some homework is good, but not 4 pieces a night! :o

I think after school is a time to relax, and do what you want, not to do more school work, which you have been doing all day! :$

CursedHeart
30-07-2005, 11:15 PM
Dont Do Homework the teachers dont care Theyve already been to university, theyve got a degree, they earn enough money to live in a house and run a car and eat food every day. They dont care if you dont wanna learn. If you live in a flat for the rest of your life they dont loose anything. If you dont do your homework thats fine, thats your choice, no one can MAKE you. However if you do then you can cover more work quicker, get better grades, go to the university you want and therefore feel comfortable in, therefore youll do better in your studies because your comfortable in your environment, therefore youll get a better degree therefore youll get a better job with more money and a better car than your teacher will ever have.

But as I said, its up to you.

=Jen=
31-07-2005, 01:29 AM
:o ONLY 4 PIECES!!!!!! :o :o Well anyway... YEAH I think we should, I mean what would there be to do in detention then? :rolleyes: But yet I don't want it, Cause then I have to do that before going outside or coming on computer!! I don't do it most the time nywayz, Unless theres NOTHING to do... Most the time in detention I blow bubbles and pass notes anywayz! :D :$

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!