PDA

View Full Version : Piercings

Charlie
06-02-2006, 06:13 PM
I want a flesh plug, Well at least thats what i think they are called, And i was just wondering if anyone has one, What they do, And stuffs. As i really want one and i'm just wondering what it is they do and what happens and that. Can anyone help or say?

Embean
06-02-2006, 06:17 PM
what the heck is a flesh plug?

Rawr
06-02-2006, 06:20 PM
The ones in the ears that look like buttons? There cool, but with any piercing make sure you watch out for infection and get it done at a professional place. :)

Embean
06-02-2006, 06:36 PM
Oh them ;D
I think they rock!
My mate has them and they look dead cool.

FlyingJesus
07-02-2006, 12:30 PM
I've got an 8mm plug in one lobe, and I'll tell you now, balls to whatever anyone says about infection. As long as the piercer knows what he/she's doing, go for it. Plugs are generally on the lobe (the wiggly bit at the bottom of the ear) and it's not hard to keep it clean, just remember to do exactly what the piercer says about salt water washes and whatever. You can get it scalpelled out (basically, they cut the hole out of your lobe) which is quicker and apparently less painful despite how it sounds, or you can do it the way I did, starting with a normal piercing and gradually stretching it up with bigger pieces of jewellery.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/Stankey/ear.jpg My ear with plug

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/Stankey/ear2.jpg My ear without plug.

Sorry about bad quality photos ^_^

Anflex
07-02-2006, 02:14 PM
I think these kind of peircings are disgusting.

But that is just my opinion ;)

Embean
07-02-2006, 06:13 PM
I think these kind of peircings are disgusting.

But that is just my opinion ;)
Why do you think theyre disguisting?

Anflex
07-02-2006, 06:18 PM
Why do you think theyre disguisting?

Because it's like, it streches a huge hole in your ear. And I personally find that pointless and it makes me cringe. I don't even think it looks good in the slightest.

Ah well, everyone has their own taste :P

ILoveBenji
07-02-2006, 06:18 PM
I personally don't like them they remind me of tribes.

Charlie
07-02-2006, 07:29 PM
Thanks dood +rep

ChloeDust
07-02-2006, 08:01 PM
Cool, i dont mind the smallish plugs but the huge ones aren't that attractive in my opinion. I want a piercing just below my lip ;D lol woo

DMB-Hosting
07-02-2006, 08:15 PM
Yes i agree i thing they are disgusting too?
What is good about them??

NekkLe
07-02-2006, 08:31 PM
Meh, think about how ugly your ear is going to look when your older, this ear plug thing is a serious situation to go by, you have to make sure you've made your mind up because its nots as if its going to heal back up when your done with it.
They seem to be 'in' at the moment with a certain group of people, but, I don't think you can look at it that way, do some forward thinking about this, if you get fed up with it your going to be left with a hole in your ear which for a fashion statement/craze, isn't worth the hassel.

Goodluck if you do go ahead with this ear plug thing, hope it lasts..

JackHb
07-02-2006, 08:48 PM
I do not like them either

Anflex
07-02-2006, 08:53 PM
Meh, think about how ugly your ear is going to look when your older, this ear plug thing is a serious situation to go by, you have to make sure you've made your mind up because its nots as if its going to heal back up when your done with it.
They seem to be 'in' at the moment with a certain group of people, but, I don't think you can look at it that way, do some forward thinking about this, if you get fed up with it your going to be left with a hole in your ear which for a fashion statement/craze, isn't worth the hassel.

Goodluck if you do go ahead with this ear plug thing, hope it lasts..

Well said.

FlyingJesus
08-02-2006, 12:27 AM
The idea of piercing comes from tribes.. that might be why it reminds you of them. Myself, I just get whatever I think might look good. I'm not one of these "Let's go get six million and four point three piercings, that'll make me cool!" kind of people, and I don't pretend they mean anything to me, it's for show, or in the case of my tongue, for practicality ;)

HUGECOOL
08-02-2006, 01:03 AM
Well, I personally have three piercings- Central labret (lip ring), tongue piercing, and one at the top of my left ear. ^^

I know people with plugs, but they only look good when there's something plugging it in- no pun intended. ;P

Also, you have to consider some crucial consequences to having things pierced.

Employment, for example. I can easily remove my body jewelry and it instantly becomes unnoticeable. With Plugs, it would be kind of difficult to cover up a half-inch hole in your ear that isn't your ear canal. 8D

Many jobs do not allow piercings to be exposed and require that you cover up any piercings visible to anyone else. So, unless you're going to be working as a tattoo artist, I suggest getting a more discreet piercing.

FlyingJesus
08-02-2006, 01:48 AM
Mine's pretty small compared to a lot of the "cool" kids who decide that the bigger the hole, the more into piercing you must be (because obviously piercings are just one big competition..), and I can have it out a couple of days before it evens starts to close, so no problems with that. The real problem is getting a job in the first place ^_^

Pimpers
08-02-2006, 05:09 AM
Eugh.. those are huge, I dislike them. If I were you get a lip piercing cuz they're hot

'nuff said.

FlyingJesus
08-02-2006, 04:17 PM
It's really not that big.. I've purposely kept it small enough that it could close up if I wanted it to. Lip maybe, they're a bit overdone though. I want my eyebrow done next I reckon.

Charlie
08-02-2006, 10:19 PM
Eugh.. those are huge, I dislike them. If I were you get a lip piercing cuz they're hot 'nuff said.

Buut, I have my lip pierced.. As well as my tongue and eyebrow. I mean yeah, I could get my lip done again but i don't want that done again.

FlyingJesus
09-02-2006, 12:10 AM
It seems you're unsure of what to get done.. I know piercing is fun, but don't overdo it just because you can. Think about what you actually want done, not just what other people say. You don't even have to take notice of me, that's the beauty of it. All I'm saying is that you should have piercings for yourself and no-one else.. although your tongue piercing is probably great for someone else.

Charlie
22-02-2006, 07:01 PM
It seems you're unsure of what to get done.. I know piercing is fun, but don't overdo it just because you can. Think about what you actually want done, not just what other people say. You don't even have to take notice of me, that's the beauty of it. All I'm saying is that you should have piercings for yourself and no-one else.. although your tongue piercing is probably great for someone else.

HA, That's pretty funneh. And i'm sure my girlfriend would love it. If i could be with her..

MorningMuder
25-02-2006, 06:52 PM
Streachers? I want one of them :$

FlyingJesus
26-02-2006, 06:38 PM
My advice to anyone on stretching/scalpeling is to not get it any larger than 9mm, otherwise it's not likely to close, which can be a big problem when you start working.

Charlie
26-02-2006, 09:20 PM
I only want a small one. I'm not gonna go over the top and have a biig massive one.

MorningMuder
26-02-2006, 09:39 PM
Get 5 ones:$

FlyingJesus
26-02-2006, 10:25 PM
What does look quite nice is a little plug in the inside of your ear, like a conch or snug piercing with a plug.. you'll have to look them up if you don't know what they are, I'm no good at explaining the placements :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!