PDA

View Full Version : Psp Or Nintendo Ds

Php
07-02-2006, 10:51 PM
Psp All Da way go psp!

Moved By nvrspk4 (Forum Moderator) From Discuss Anything. Please post in the correct forum.

beth
07-02-2006, 11:18 PM
PSP definately..

HUGECOOL
08-02-2006, 12:44 AM
DS, of course. <3

If it wasn't for Nintendo, there wouldn't be a gaming division for Sony anyway. 8D

Beef Samich
08-02-2006, 01:15 AM
DS, of course. <3

If it wasn't for Nintendo, there wouldn't be a gaming division for Sony anyway. 8D

Don't even BS us on this. I hate it when people say 'WITHOUT NINTENDO THERES NO VIDEO GAMES!' trust me, if nintendo didnt invent video games. someone would've 5 years later. and graphic wise ds has nothing on us :D

HUGECOOL
08-02-2006, 01:41 AM
It wouldn't have been the same. x]

The Playstation could have even started on 8-bit, lmao.

Even though Sony classifies the PSP as a gaming device, it isn't. The PSP is actually in the multimedia market so it's competing with MP3 players and other personal media players, including the iPod Video.

On the other hand, the DS is a 100% gaming system that outsold the PSP from the beginning even without the extra "features" Sony added to the PSP.

So, you can have your Playstation graphics, and bright screen. Everyone knows it's only gonna get you 2 hours of gameplay anyway. ;P

Neversoft
08-02-2006, 08:00 AM
DS, of course. <3

Too right!
DS is MUCH better than a PSP.

holo-jonny
08-02-2006, 08:35 AM
Psp is got great graphics for a little console.
Ds has got pokemon dash (I like racing games)

But overall its got to be ... Psp.

Bear-Max
08-02-2006, 05:57 PM
Don't even BS us on this. I hate it when people say 'WITHOUT NINTENDO THERES NO VIDEO GAMES!' trust me, if nintendo didnt invent video games. someone would've 5 years later. and graphic wise ds has nothing on us :D

Actually, that's not BS :) It's true that without Nintendo there would be no Playstation. There may have been an Xbox though :D

Uwe
08-02-2006, 06:38 PM
I have psp and its BORING The original gameboy is better then it, thats saying something

DS ALL THE WAY

Frewbs
08-02-2006, 07:20 PM
Overall I'd say PSP. However it does get boring, and DS does probably have better games..

The fact that DS outsold PSP could have something to do with the price, if I had Ł100 I would go out and buy a DS rather than save up for a PSP... Or maybe that's just me being impatient...

burny-boy
08-02-2006, 07:23 PM
i must admit that the psp does look alot better then the DS but haveing a ds has made me see all the functions of it. It has touch screen and a microphone and it can use the old advanced games, wheeras teh psp cannot use any previous console games. And eth psp dont have anything. It's DS all the way. The only thing bettween them is the games.

Sank
08-02-2006, 07:28 PM
I got to say the DS becuase the PSP has some good games, and fantastic graphics.

And the DS games never get boring in my opinion.

burny-boy
08-02-2006, 07:29 PM
yer teh graphics and picture on the psp is great but its DS all teh way

Frewbs
08-02-2006, 07:42 PM
i must admit that the psp does look alot better then the DS but haveing a ds has made me see all the functions of it. It has touch screen and a microphone and it can use the old advanced games, wheeras teh psp cannot use any previous console games. And eth psp dont have anything. It's DS all the way. The only thing bettween them is the games.

Yeah but imagine having a full-sized CD in the back of a handheld?

Flauvo
08-02-2006, 07:49 PM
Now, i havnt been on the internet for some 150+ days and i remember starting a full blown thread on which was better, the psp came out on top but it had 250+ reply's

I think DS but it depends on what your looking for
Nintendo have gone for the fun factor approach whereas sony have gone serious in their first ever handheld. It also brings a smile to my face when nintendo have brought out 6 handhelds to Sony's 1

Frewbs
08-02-2006, 09:18 PM
Actually you are all wrong. The best handheld is the "GB Color" Pokémon was the best EVER series <333 Or maybe it was Final Fantasy...

Frewbs
08-02-2006, 09:18 PM
Actually you are all wrong. The best handheld is the "GB Color" Pokémon was the best EVER series <333 Or maybe it was Final Fantasy...

Rashelly
09-02-2006, 01:46 PM
I personally prefer the DS
Reasons:
I think the PSP is trying to fit a whole bunch of features that no one really needs. In this day and age, most people(if not everyone) hava an MP3 player and digital camera. Whether it be on your mobile, or just individual...therefore, those features aren't needed on the PSP. I mean...Does anyone you know not use their Ipod because they have a PSP? No one I know does.
PSP can play movies... You need to buy special things for them, you can't just use an exsisting DVD...and what's the point in watching a film on a tiny screen with terrible sound anyway? Just buy the bloody DVD.
And then there's the graphics...
Graphics aren't everything, I feel graphics are more important on a console, not a handheld...handhelds aren't really big enough anyway, why have fantastic graphics if you can't appreciate them?
The DS is made for true gamers, PSP seems to me, that it's just made to look and sound good.
The DS has revolutionised the handheld (which was pretty much invented by them anyway) with the DS, because of the fantastic playability that the touch screen and mic provide.

Frewbs
09-02-2006, 03:49 PM
The good thing about PSP UMD movies is that you can take them with you, I watched 2 films on my PSP when I went on holiday... Made a 7 hour journey pretty enjoyable. One thing I don't think is good on PSP is the volume. When watching movies you can never get it loud enough, especially when using the PSP's own "ear friendly" headphones.

Charles
09-02-2006, 04:28 PM
Yeah, 'Ear-friendly' 90db's maximum -.- I just switch mine around to other earphones.
I prefer DS, i've grown tired of my PSP as no games appeal to me just yet. Also, I need to charge my PSP before I can take it out with me, or kerput. No battery. DS stays on for longer and I find the multiplayer brilliant.

Also, wasn't there a 'PSP vs DS | Grand final' thread?

holo-jonny
09-02-2006, 04:31 PM
nah best console is nitendo 64.pokemon stadium rules!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!