PDA

View Full Version : Inactive Users

Grindie
08-02-2006, 09:30 PM
Just out of interest, do you ever delete inactive users or banned users?

Its just that I want a name change but the name I want is taken =[

For example - The name 'Elliot' which I want was last online: 18-10-2004 and has zero posts. This obviously indicates to me that this person doesn't intend to use this forum ever. I think that people who haven't used the forum for over a year should be deleted from the system, or people who have never posted in one year aswell.

Steven.
08-02-2006, 09:33 PM
Yeh. about a month ago sierk deleted some, that was due to they havn't logged in for X amount of days and were an "unconfirmed" user.

has the user logged in within the past 3-4 months? if not im sure one of the admins can delete it due to inactivity im not sure.

nvrspk4
08-02-2006, 09:34 PM
I think unconfirmed users are deleted after 30 days of them not confirming their account. But if the owner of the account confirmed it, you'll have to contact an Administrator and they may or may not agree to do it so yeah :P

Grindie
08-02-2006, 09:35 PM
Yeah, he hasn't been on since 18-10-2004 so I think this is a long enough time.

Also he has zero posts.

EDIT: I'll try contacting an admin then =]

---MAD---
09-02-2006, 08:17 AM
good luck :)

Baving
09-02-2006, 04:28 PM
The user could probably be renamed as it hasn't been on in over a year.

Grindie
09-02-2006, 04:32 PM
I did PM JackHB but no reply so far. Thanks for the reply to my PM though Baving

Baving
09-02-2006, 04:47 PM
Jack should be on later tonight. He will most likely read it then.

tbh imo no m8
09-02-2006, 05:27 PM
I think they should delete anyone who hasnt been online for over a year it will speed up the forum a little bit and less disk space :D.

Scriptermone
09-02-2006, 05:59 PM
Do they delete banned users too?

because I really want the name 'Joe' but hes banned, and I dont know if im allowed :S he was registered last year, then got banned for some reason.

Seacat
09-02-2006, 06:09 PM
We won't ever delete banned users, as sometimes bans are lifted (as people appeal, and when we look into it further we see they shouldnt of been (perm) banned or whatever). Also if someone registers an account thats been banned and then deleted people will think they got unbanned and start complaining.

As for deleting accounts that haven't been active for a very long time, if we do so its at our own discretion :)

Scriptermone
09-02-2006, 06:11 PM
Seacat, is it possible if you can find out if 'Joe' was perm banned or not, because I really want that name desperately...

thanks

- Joe :P

Seacat
09-02-2006, 06:16 PM
If accounts are banned then we can't discuss how long/what reason with anyone else. Generally though you can tell if someone is permanently banned as they will have "Banned" under their name instead of "Temporary Banned", it's just a matter of finding a link to their user profile as you can't search banned users on the Members' List :p.

Scriptermone
09-02-2006, 06:19 PM
I know :D, a while ago, you or Jack or some other admin, showed me the link to his user profile, and he was 'Banned' :D
not 'TEMPORARY Banned'

Please ash, im begging you for this name :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!