PDA

View Full Version : • An Idea to help make Habbox run more 'smooth' •

Biseinen
23-02-2006, 09:14 PM
• My Idea to make Habbox more 'smooth' •

Okay so I was thinking to my self. (As I do... xP) About Habbox and why it runs so well... Lots of things popped into my head... Was it the server? (Hell no, haha) was it the members here who post insainly ammounts?! (Will not mention, Kaye... Will not Mention, Kaye...). NO, it's not, it's the *Staff*!

The staff make Habbox what it is... Without Forum Moderators, poor lil' Balmung here would be running a muck! (^_-) and the forum would be in shambles with complete and utter spam. Without competition staff, there would be no events and no fun and interactivity!
And then it came to me, the most important people are the assist/admins! Right? I mean... Sure yeah... Jack is 45 Stone and Seacat is a brainwashed chav. (O=D) And the rest of you. ;)

And it's you guys who hold to together! You're the glue of this broken vase which some stupid kid has knocked over!

It got me to think about your jobs and what they involve...

• Forum Maintenence
• Answering PM's
• Posting responses to questions
• Dealing with Members request
• Making subforums
• Dealing with V.I.P
• Installation of hacks/scripts

(Italics are the jobs that only you can do, the forum administators that is)

And from this it got me thinking:

thank you :) when i get time i will look into them.
but i have recioved 35 pms today so i am quite busy ;)
dnt reply
fnx

Jack spent like 10 minutes on me sorting out my V.I.P problemo and it's still not sorted. So lets see, taking on average him helping everyone at 7 minutes per person, that would be about what? 4 hours to sort out everyones problems?!

And now we all know how your time is spent, replying to others, and dealing with other peoples problems, doesn't that get annoying when you're busy with TONS of other things, expecially now when the forum is like it is.

So here comes my proposal/idea.

HIRE STAFF FOR THESE JOBS SO IT FREE'S YOU TO DEAL WITH THE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS!

Ahem...

Now my idea actually comes out, you admins/assistant admins have a great deal to do everyday with the forum and then you have the minute things to deal with right?

I propose that you make some groups of trusted members whom you can train to do your biddings! (MWahahahahahahhahah, no, seriously...)

For an example:

--

• V.I.P Activation Team •

Member One:
Member Two:
Member Three:
Member Four:
Member Five:

--

And it could be the same with: Answering PM's, Posting responses to questions, Dealing with Members request, Making subforums for V.I.P members.

In jus; freeing you guys up to do the more important 'stuff' on the forum.

Balmung -

Smiddy
23-02-2006, 09:19 PM
With the VIP situation, that would require them to have either access to AdminCP & cPanel...

i think Jack + seacat do a lot more work on the forum than is neccassary, and should maybe give up in jacks case maybe the VIP manager and in ash's case maybe the Assistant VIP manager.

That would leave the space free for 2 New admins, (Maybe Saurav + Baving could take over)

But yeah i like your consideration for the staff here Karl ;)

Carlsta
23-02-2006, 09:20 PM
Wow nice and layed out...

good idea!

JackHb
23-02-2006, 09:25 PM
Good idea, in some departments that could work so i will mention it in the next managers meeting we have.
But for things like VIP Activation it requires access to admincp and sometimes paypal. To spread the work out me and Seacat now have a rota to do VIP Features etc. So we are managing fine :D
Most of us don't mind doing the work its quite enjoyable but sometimes we can get a bit stressed. haha :P
Lol it doesn't take 4 hours each night don't worry :P
But like now with the forum just coming back is very hectic for us.

Carlsta
23-02-2006, 09:26 PM
lol r u 45stones jack lol!

JackHb
23-02-2006, 09:28 PM
lol r u 45stones jack lol!

In your fantasy maybe but in real life no

Biseinen
23-02-2006, 09:31 PM
In your fantasy maybe but in real life no

Horrible fantasy, Aye. O_O

Well I just thought it would be a great load off the admins etc if they had reliable and trust worthy people to deal with some of the things like V.I.P activation. (Not just some random person who 'applys' to do it) :p

Someone trusted that maybe you know in real life or have known for a long time over the years.

Just trying to help. ^^

nvrspk4
23-02-2006, 09:36 PM
That would leave the space free for 2 New admins, (Maybe Saurav + Baving could take over)

Baving is Asst. Forum Manager ;)

Balmung, the main problem with what you said is how much trust we have to put into them and how much we basically render ourselves vulnerable. With like 5-7 admins, however many we have now, with like 3 of them having access to Habbox itself, and we get hacked, not too often, but still get hacked. Granted, sometimes its unavoidable, such as this time I'm not sure but somehow someone got access through something. But its more people to be keylogged, more people to have to trust, more people who can essentially ***** everything up. There's few enough people on this forum who are completely trustworthy and dedicated to Habbox and most of them are/were admins already. (I said most, not all) ;] The people you're talking about would have very important powers. Now I hate to bring up Max but look at him. He wasn't even an admin, just news reporter and he had some other staff jobs, maybe a manager job in there somewhere. He wreaked havoc anyway, and he was at one time one of the more trustworthy staff. Plus, most of these would come from the ranks of the forum mods, because that is where the forum maintainer peoples go. Now no offense but I really doubt that they would bring in members for this kinda job even if it was instituted. I'll stop here, but can you kind of see my point?

PS: Sorry for not seperating it, when I get going I don't have time for proper grammer and readability and I'm too lazy to go back and do it.

SHEEPY
23-02-2006, 09:44 PM
SHEEPY for mod.

Neversoft
23-02-2006, 09:45 PM
You sure do like to tell the staff how to do their jobs.

Biseinen
23-02-2006, 09:54 PM
You sure do like to tell the staff how to do their jobs.

Well, intelligence is a virtue... You've either got it... :8 Or you don't.

I'm not 'telling' anyone how to do their jobs, this is was an idea which I clearly stated several times through out the first post.

I'm sorry for trying to improve the forum. >_>

And, Nvr, haha, don't worry about it, ;) I'm used to people doing that. I see your point, not many people left that could be trusted with the responibility of not messing the forum up and taking advantage of Habbox.

That's why I said trusted people. I'm sure the Admins know at least 2 trusted people each. (Thats 8 alone).

Anyway, it's just an idea. =D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!