PDA

View Full Version : HabboRemix.net - Let´s rock´n´Roll!

Just-One
24-02-2006, 09:53 AM
Hey everyone,

I have created the following ever increasing site:

http://www.HabboRemix.net / http://www.HabboRemix.co.uk

It is a site where people can meet other habbo´s, play games, listen and create Habbo or your own songs and also a radio site which runs competitions daily for credit prizes.

With these credits you can use them in the shop, which is increasing all the time. At the moment the most popular feature is the HabboUK Ban checker which allows you to put in a HabboHotel UK username and it says if the user is banned or not!

The idea of the site is to create a new community away from Habbo, even though its habbo related! The target for users is to get more of an understand on communities, create songs and be constructive, meet other habbo´s, and also try and raise as many credits as possible!

Please let me know what you think of the site, and should you wish a job please look at the appropriate feature in the HabboRemix Help Menu.

Thanks again! I do not mind constructive critism, but being outright out of order without any explanation on how I can improve it won´t impress me one bit. ;)

- James

Tintinnabulate
24-02-2006, 10:09 AM
I love that site ;)
*wants free credits* :P

Splinter
24-02-2006, 10:11 AM
Well its nothing original since every fansite is getting a members system at the moment and most of them just off techtuts.. not a basd design but once again nothing new.. and also I dont like the use of the iframe and the way the background colour of the frame is grey.

Luckyrare
24-02-2006, 10:23 AM
I agree spilter. Its a old design, user system is over rated (Has some good stuff like SMS credits) and its rather a shame to use iframes these days.

-Paul
24-02-2006, 12:02 PM
Well i disagree, I think it's one of the best sites I'v seen around in a long time ;]]

GoldenMerc
24-02-2006, 12:04 PM
Well i disagree, I think it's one of the best sites I'v seen around in a long time ;]]

i got fired :'(

Splinter
24-02-2006, 12:06 PM
Yes but you work there or something "/ Also the "uploading songs" part of the user system coyuld get you in trouble if your DJ's are playing unlicenced songs..

GoldenMerc
24-02-2006, 12:10 PM
Yes but you work there or something "/ Also the "uploading songs" part of the user system coyuld get you in trouble if your DJ's are playing unlicenced songs..

ow ye but i think its mostly them like mizki and stuff

Tom H
24-02-2006, 12:23 PM
I like the site ;]]] *events manager* hehe :p

I enjoy it not just because of the feature's but it had a good community ;]]

- Tom

GoldenMerc
24-02-2006, 12:24 PM
I like the site ;]]] *events manager* hehe :p

I enjoy it not just because of the feature's but it had a good community ;]]

- Tom

rub it in my face tom :'(

Nick.
24-02-2006, 12:55 PM
I tihnk it's a bit strange that when I save my profile it says "Processing your transaction"... isn't that when u purchase soemthing?? Hmmmmmmm... and a image with like somethign spinning around appears its' like wth?

-Paul
25-02-2006, 02:46 AM

Just because i work there don't mean i aint aloud to like it. Even when i wernt staff there i was still on it alot.

Just-One
25-02-2006, 02:47 AM
Okies,

Grey background seems to appear for those users using Mozilla (Aswell as some features failing on the site for Mozilla users which is bad on me I know! :P).

I agree with those comments about iframes, it is rather ashame and I'm sure I'll change it soon too! :)

Regarding the user who said its not original, fancy actually looking at the site without making assumptions? The site is unique so please actually look at the site before commenting with slanderous comments.

Regarding unlicensed songs, we put the responsibility on the end user having all the appropriate permissions to put the songs online. If we get a complaint it takes seconds to remove it. End of that.

Regarding spinny thingy on profile change, it is a purchase as you get 50RC's when you create your profile first time, Read the text next time! ;)
Also Silvermerc, reason you were dismissed as for understandable reasons ;)

Thanks again!

James :)

the wombats
25-02-2006, 02:58 AM
I like the site James, but it could do with a better layout. :p Lol. And erm maybe some other stuff like Rare Values? o.0

Just-One
25-02-2006, 11:05 AM
I like the site James, but it could do with a better layout. :p Lol. And erm maybe some other stuff like Rare Values? o.0

Well from what everyone is saying, looks like Remix will have to get a new layout! All I need to do now is find someone willing to make one. :P

Also regarding RV, we are trying to make HabboRemix a unique site not like any other fan site which is why I've not added too much Fan Site related content. :) However if you have any idea's please let me know! :)

Thanks again,

- James

GoldenMerc
25-02-2006, 11:24 AM
Well from what everyone is saying, looks like Remix will have to get a new layout! All I need to do now is find someone willing to make one. :P

Also regarding RV, we are trying to make HabboRemix a unique site not like any other fan site which is why I've not added too much Fan Site related content. :) However if you have any idea's please let me know! :)

Thanks again,

- James

by any chance did you read her comments?

craigg.
25-02-2006, 11:50 AM
Very nice website, I think personally it has great tallent ant I can see it going quite far. But, One thing I would change is those damn marquees! Very annoying, and nearly every habbo related website has them. Also, Change the Iframe to possibly to expandable tables, It would alot fresher and user friendly. Nevertheless, It looks great and has potential.

- Craig

Php
25-02-2006, 12:52 PM
nice looking sit :), its gonna do well

Splinter
25-02-2006, 12:58 PM
As the user who said it wasnt original I did look at the site and im pretty right the layout is a rip off of an old hab-world one..as for content yes some of its new and quite good but the majority has been done loads by other fansites "/

Raremandan
25-02-2006, 01:00 PM
I havre written a short review on Habbo Remix.net:

Design

The design is original and pretty damned good apart from I think the tables should match each other in legnth as you have two content boxes and an image on the left while as on the right you have three content boxes and an image. I think they should equal in length but thats just my opinion.

The design is very original especially for it being a Habbo Hotel related site one of the only things that I don't like about this unique original site is the fact that you have gone with the same DHTML menu and navigation images that many many Habbo Hotel fansites seem to have and it could be more original.

Coding

Well there are the excellent coding and the very very poor coding on this site might as well start with the bad, there seems to be too many tables for me when it could be DIVS and a CSS layout as it wouldn't be too difficult but never the less it looks ok in most browsers, but then theres that terrible iframe which has been mentioned which could do with getting rid of...

And the good coding, you seem to know your way around the PHP based side with your credits system and user system which is very good so theres a lot of good code there, you seem to know how to code a site pretty well which gives people pretty good accsessability which is always brilliant.

Content

Anyway the content is pretty awesome it seems like a well updated Habbo fansite, I couldn't say whether the content is unique as I don't play Habbo Hotel but from what you and other people have said it's not a boring as any other Habbo fansite which is always good for a change.

Overall rating 8/10

MattUH
25-02-2006, 05:39 PM
the layout is not ripped -.- Hab-world sold Ladders the layout who then sold/gave Just-One it =]

Just-One
01-03-2006, 01:32 PM
the layout is not ripped -.- Hab-world sold Ladders the layout who then sold/gave Just-One it =]

Totally correct.

Anyhow, design and the iframe seems to be the key point in these posts so I will work on these!

Thanks again everyone and further input and idea's are appreciated! :)

- James

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!