PDA

View Full Version : Snoop-20 is now a Forum Moderator.

Grindie
10-03-2006, 05:19 PM
I don't remember seeing any job openings for forum moderators? :rolleyes:

Is that just because he knows somebody in the Habbox team? :rolleyes:

There are people like me who wait for job openings :rolleyes:

Seatherny
10-03-2006, 05:22 PM
From what I know, he was made a moderator as he has past experience and his post are of high standard!

Steven.
10-03-2006, 05:24 PM
From what I know, he was made a moderator as he has past experience and his post are of high standard!

this pretty well explains it.. If you have a problem with this i would suggest PMing either JackHB, Seacat, baving. :)

Grindie
10-03-2006, 05:26 PM
Hmm, still seems a bit dodgey, I mean I have previous experience but I wait until there are job openings and my posts are of good quality aswell :rolleyes:

Baving
10-03-2006, 05:27 PM
Just because the applications are closed doesn't mean we stop looking for potential moderators.

Grindie
10-03-2006, 05:28 PM
But from day 1 of joining I remember hearing 'DON'T PM HABBOX ASKING FOR JOBS'

JackHb
10-03-2006, 05:29 PM
We do not have to wait for job openings...our old forum manager use to slect people on behaviour and posts and expericnece.
Just because the job openings are not open does not mean we wont hire anyone.
If baving or seacat see someone with good potential to be a mod then they can hire them.

Grindie
10-03-2006, 05:30 PM
So really there's no point in the job openings?

Seacat
10-03-2006, 05:40 PM
We have job openings when we need to hire a batch of Moderators (usually 10 plus), when we just need 1 or 2 Moderators then we just ask people, as it's very pointless opening job applications for 1/2 Moderators, and if we did open job openings everytime we needed 1 moderator people would get bored and stop applying.

I had Snoop-20 recommended to me by Baving, checked the quality of his posts and asked for experience he had had, and he seemed to fit the criteria for what we needed. I'd never met him before so to say he got the job cos he knew someone in the Habbox Team isn't really fair as its me who gets the last say on who becomes forum mod (except higher staff but they wouldnt recommend to me)

Grindie
10-03-2006, 08:07 PM
Hmm, fair points, thanks for clearing it up a bit.

I do however still disagree with the process by which you pick your moderators...

Uwe
10-03-2006, 09:00 PM
Snoop-20 owns www.Habbo-record.com and the forum on there. He has past expierence and a good (I cant think of the word, but I know what I mean -_-)

nvrspk4
11-03-2006, 01:57 AM
Snoop-20 owns www.Habbo-record.com and the forum on there. He has past expierence and a good (I cant think of the word, but I know what I mean -_-)

Reputation?

No offense Sonny, but to me it sounds like you're just a tad bit jealous (sp?). I can understand that, but really, sometimes people are so awesome, and you just need one or two moderators, you don't really have a choice. I mean how would you feel if apps opened for 1-2 jobs? Probably 100+ would apply, one would make it, and everyone's mad. Also, its a big waste of the (Assistant) Forum Manager's time reading through like 150 emails and having to narrow it down to 1. That's what I think anyway, you don't have to agree with me.

Tomm
11-03-2006, 07:29 AM
If this is the same guy I think it is then he has been very rude and offensive to me on MSN...

Uwe
11-03-2006, 10:52 AM
Chris!?

No Never :)

Chris
<<3

Your mistaken :)

Seatherny
11-03-2006, 10:53 AM
Reputation?

No offense Sonny, but to me it sounds like you're just a tad bit jealous (sp?). I can understand that, but really, sometimes people are so awesome, and you just need one or two moderators, you don't really have a choice. I mean how would you feel if apps opened for 1-2 jobs? Probably 100+ would apply, one would make it, and everyone's mad. Also, its a big waste of the (Assistant) Forum Manager's time reading through like 150 emails and having to narrow it down to 1. That's what I think anyway, you don't have to agree with me.

Well said!

Grindie
11-03-2006, 11:12 AM
Reputation?

Some good points but, I still have some good valid points aswell so...

CLOSE THREAD PLEASE =]

Edited By nvrspk4 (Super Moderator): Thread closed at starter's request.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!