PDA

View Full Version : Should animals have more rights?

Polly-alyssa
11-03-2006, 09:04 PM
Post your thoughts below.

I have an uncertain belief.

Humans rule too much, we think we are really clever.

Yet animals are also clever yet don't get much say in things, apparently they knew in advance on 26 dec 2004 about the tsunami

Yet do humans have developed social skills and large knowledge of tehcnology and many more things, that overpower all knowledge that animals have?

ilovejordan
11-03-2006, 09:05 PM
no cos they can't express it

Dupion
11-03-2006, 09:06 PM
Yes they should. I am an animal lover myself.

STOP THE MEAT EATING, BECOME A VEGETARIAN.

No, I was not being sarcastic. I am a vegetarian you see. :)!

ilovejordan
11-03-2006, 09:07 PM
Yes they should. I am an animal lover myself.

STOP THE MEAT EATING, BECOME A VEGETARIAN.

No, I was not being sarcastic. I am a vegetarian you see. :)!

No you eat helen.

iluvben
11-03-2006, 09:08 PM
Hmm i don't know what rights are there ? They can't properly communicate with humans so whats the point

Dupion
Hmm i don't know what rights are there ? They can't properly communicate with humans so whats the point

THEY CANT THATS WHY

We are all different, they are. SAVE THE ANIMALS.

issaa.
I think chickens should own us.

SHEEPY
11-03-2006, 09:09 PM
I laughed at this thread.

Tash.
11-03-2006, 09:09 PM
If u mean like more animal rights to stop cruelty then definitely. Anyone that harms an animal should be put in prison. If they did it to a human they would, i can't see a difference.

—Benji
11-03-2006, 09:14 PM
"Yet animals are also clever yet don't get much say in things, apparently they knew in advance on 26 dec 2004 about the tsunami"

They should've told us then.

I don't like eating meat, I just couldn't live without chicken though <33

issaa.
11-03-2006, 09:15 PM
I don't like eating meat, I just couldn't live without chicken though <33

Initz, I only eat chicken.

Rawr
11-03-2006, 09:16 PM
''Yet animals are also clever yet don't get much say in things, apparently they knew in advance on 26 dec 2004 about the tsunami''

How do you know that? Did the animals ring you up? :p

Dupion
11-03-2006, 09:20 PM
Canibalism or however its spelt! We are all relatives. Please, save the animals. We eat their flesh like they are no one/thing. THEY DIED FOR US.

SHEEPY
11-03-2006, 09:22 PM
it's natural.

just think of the food chain and all that shiz

RedStratocas
Animals should be able to vote.

Only certain animals can predict certain types of weather, and since a tsunami isnt really weather, I dont think they could. I do believe in more punishment for animal cruelty. Like those kids who use puppies as footballs, they should treat that case the same as a human baby being used as a football.

issaa.
Canibalism or however its spelt! We are all relatives. Please, save the animals. We eat their flesh like they are no one/thing. THEY DIED FOR US.
If we don't eat it everyone else will, and if everyone stops eating it ther alread dead we might aswell make use of them instead of just leaving them to rot.

Dupion
11-03-2006, 09:23 PM
If we don't eat it everyone else will, and if everyone stops eating it ther alread dead we might aswell make use of them instead of just leaving them to rot.

yeah but if we all stop then da world will be a much better place

remember my earth song by MJ, lsiten to it it ses about da animals

SHEEPY
11-03-2006, 09:24 PM
that song targets elephants being killed for ivory.

Dupion
11-03-2006, 09:25 PM
that song targets elephants being killed for ivory.

yay you listened to it. gold star

RedStratocas
11-03-2006, 09:25 PM
Dont some animals eat other animals? Damn those animal-eating-animals.

Dupion
11-03-2006, 09:27 PM
Dont some animals eat other animals? Damn those animal-eating-animals.

yeah but thats why cos they cant make like ice cream and pizza like us etc.

Largo
11-03-2006, 09:27 PM
I think Benjii is right, they did know in advance, I think some of the animals actually migrated before the tsunami. =T

Dupion
11-03-2006, 09:29 PM
when it happened my mom said that they all ran up hills/mountains or w.e

SHEEPY
11-03-2006, 09:30 PM
well that would be the logical thing to do if a tsunami is expected.

Dupion
11-03-2006, 09:31 PM
well that would be the logical thing to do if a tsunami is expected.

LMAO

as in the animals before. :)

RedStratocas
11-03-2006, 09:31 PM
yeah but thats why cos they cant make like ice cream and pizza like us etc.

What about us before pizza and other foods?

I think Benjii is right, they did know in advance, I think some of the animals actually migrated before the tsunami. =T

Nope, the tsunami was cause by an earth quake hundreds of miles away. Earthquakes cannot be predicted by animals (only storms that come by air: hurricanes, blizzards etc), and if they could, predicting one hundreds of miles away is a stretch.

Krusty
11-03-2006, 09:33 PM
how ridiculous.
they cant talk, how are we meant to know what they are thinking.

how do people know that animals 'knew' about the tsunami?

Dupion
11-03-2006, 09:33 PM
about the before pizza stuff, we learned but the animals cant its not everyday u see a sheep doing a pizza for a restaurant is it?

SHEEPY
11-03-2006, 09:34 PM
sheep don't have hands for a start.

Dupion
11-03-2006, 09:35 PM
sheep don't have hands for a start.

thats wot im gettin at m8.

RedStratocas
about the before pizza stuff, we learned but the animals cant its not everyday u see a sheep doing a pizza for a restaurant is it?

No, Im saying there was a time where humans didnt have pizza or knew how to make food. What would we do if we couldnt eat animals?

SHEEPY
Then I don't see your point. How can they possibly be treated as equally as humans?

Dupion
11-03-2006, 09:36 PM
No, Im saying there was a time where humans didnt have pizza or knew how to make food. What would we do if we couldnt eat animals?

eat herbs

SHEEPY
11-03-2006, 09:36 PM
eat herbs

most people actually want to enjoy what they're eating.

Dupion
11-03-2006, 09:37 PM

omg. people might enjoy eating herbs

Krusty
11-03-2006, 09:38 PM
Exactly..
They cant communicate with humans
so how the HELL are we meant to know if there is another tsumani coming?

even if they did know they wouldnt be able too tell us; AND if they COULD tell us if there was something coming, by the time everyone found out, the tsunami thing would have already happened

SHEEPY
11-03-2006, 09:38 PM
omg. people might enjoy eating herbs

with meat, yes..

Dupion
11-03-2006, 09:39 PM
with meat, yes..

yeah but they might just enjot eating the herbs alone! some people are like that. :>

RedStratocas
11-03-2006, 09:40 PM

Haha.

Seriously though, we couldnt survive on that. We would be extremely week. If it wasent for our intellect, I dont think that we would be on the planet. We cant run well at all compared to other animals, or protect ourselves (without technology)

SHEEPY
yeah but they might just enjot eating the herbs alone! some people are like that. :>

you seem to be a veggie, am I right? Do you like the idea of eating herbs?

Charlie
If you didnt eat animals, There would be loads of animals. And there would be no where to put them all.

And who said about animals talking? It's not like you have the daily conversation with your dog now is it?

Dupion
11-03-2006, 09:41 PM
you seem to be a veggie, am I right? Do you like the idea of eating herbs?

as ive posted yeah
And Tralalalalalala I talk to my cat. :)

issaa.
11-03-2006, 09:42 PM
as ive posted yeah
-Hands bowl of basil-

Dupion
11-03-2006, 09:42 PM
-Hands bowl of basil-

well done. ty. would you like da herbs?

SHEEPY
11-03-2006, 09:43 PM
i'm absolutely loving the thought of you eating a bowl of basil for breakfast.

Largo
11-03-2006, 09:43 PM
how ridiculous.
they cant talk, how are we meant to know what they are thinking.

how do people know that animals 'knew' about the tsunami?
Maybe because the death rate of the animals killed by the tsunami wasn't as high as the human one? I'm only guessing.

Dupion
11-03-2006, 09:44 PM
i'm absolutely loving the thought of you eating a bowl of basil for breakfast.

nono. i eat nothing for breakfast, I don't have the time.

Krusty
11-03-2006, 09:46 PM
Maybe because the death rate of the animals killed by the tsunami wasn't as high as the human one? I'm only guessing.
There aint as many animals as humans.

Dupion
11-03-2006, 09:47 PM
im going to watch crap on tv laters.

poll
11-03-2006, 09:47 PM
yes i believe they should but i have a little field mouse in my kitchen im trying to shoot with my bb gun ROFL scary thing

SHEEPY
11-03-2006, 09:48 PM
omg arrest dat man!!1

Dupion
11-03-2006, 09:48 PM
omg arrest dat man!!1

lmao +rep when i can

RosieIsHot
11-03-2006, 09:49 PM
wellllll my cat is really gonna come up to me and say ' rosie lhahah i fink we should have rights cuz we are living things no what im saying den it would probs say get me a drink and id be like no get it urself!!!1 then we would end up avin a fight i would win obv. so then id get dun for like killing ma cat' so no rly dont be stupid m8 :)!!

RedStratocas

Tsunamis hit the coat, highly populated. You dont often go to a highly populated area and see as many animals as humans.

Largo
There aint as many animals as humans.
You can compare them both, such as for every 1 animal, there is so so humans ..

Mentor
11-03-2006, 10:45 PM
Post your thoughts below.

I have an uncertain belief.

Humans rule too much, we think we are really clever.

Yet animals are also clever yet don't get much say in things, apparently they knew in advance on 26 dec 2004 about the tsunami

Yet do humans have developed social skills and large knowledge of tehcnology and many more things, that overpower all knowledge that animals have?
Depends how you define clever, Humans are the only consluse animal hence we have the rights, We have intelagine.

NO other animal on earth does, there just instrinctal reflexs, no intelgence involved "/

Jesus-Egg
11-03-2006, 10:47 PM
Animals should have rights... the right to be eaten :)

Timewarp
11-03-2006, 10:49 PM
Shouldnt eat them pigs are highly intelligent and my dog nos when its sunday every sunday he follows me around because he goes for a walk with 2 other dogs

FlyingJesus
12-03-2006, 03:28 PM
Animals eat animals. Dupion throughout this has been saying that we're equal and as one with the animals or whatever, so therefore we are animals, and so have a perfect right to eat other animals as part of the food chain. What happens when you take away a predator? The prey increases massively and cause imbalances in their surroundings. Everything is affected when the food chain is broken or impaired.

The main reason to not eat meat seems to be the moral issue of it, not wanting to inflict pain. Tell me, how do we know when an animal is in pain? They react, due to the nerves being touched in such a way that causes the animal to believe they are in danger. Instinctively they try to move away and move noise (as a defense mechanism - warning), so how do we know that they are actually in pain like we experience? They aren't as developed as us, their brains may not be able to handle more than simple instinct, and so they will react by instinct alone without really knowing why. Our ancestors (Neanderthals and such) were less worried by pain, their brains had not developed enough to realise it. I'm not saying they don't feel pain as a certainty, but it's possible that animals do not actually feel it as anything other than an instinct.

Toes
12-03-2006, 03:31 PM
Well I think people that treat dogs like people are absaloutly mad! Spending £500+ on a dog a year is plain stupid.

RedStratocas
12-03-2006, 03:45 PM
Well I think people that treat dogs like people are absaloutly mad! Spending £500+ on a dog a year is plain stupid.

Well considering a trip to the vet costs more than that, food for a year would cost about half of that, you would be an awefull owner if you ONLY spent that much.

Oh, and I love maddox, haha:

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/images/bigpot6.jpg

Toes
12-03-2006, 03:47 PM
Well considering a trip to the vet costs more than that, food for a year would cost about half of that, you would be an awefull owner if you ONLY spent that much.

I didn't think of the vets fee's, but I'm sure that it would cost you less than £500 to feed your dog for a year, even with treats thrown in.

RedStratocas
12-03-2006, 03:49 PM
I diddn't think of the vets fee's, but I'm sure that it would cost you less than £500 to feed your dog for a year, even with treats thrown in.

It costs A LOT actually. You probably get those hefty bags right? I think those costs around 50. Probably a few rotations of those a year

Toes
12-03-2006, 03:51 PM
It costs A LOT actually. You probably get those hefty bags right? I think those costs around 50. Probably a few rotations of those a year

I would spend more than a tener on those. I'd just go down the market, maybe the same quality?

meta1gearsold3
12-03-2006, 03:52 PM
Id say if they had any communication towards us it would be a different story but the human race controls the animals.

RedStratocas
12-03-2006, 03:57 PM
I would spend more than a tener on those. I'd just go down the market, maybe the same quality?

I dont know, but it does cost more than 500 if you want to be a DECENT owner. You probably go to the vet maybe once every 9 monthes or so, so that could be twice a year even.

I live in the US, different currency, but I have converted it and its not a huge difference.

Toes
12-03-2006, 03:57 PM
I dont know, but it does cost more than 500 if you want to be a DECENT owner. You probably go to the vet maybe once every 9 monthes or so, so that could be twice a year even.

I live in the US, different currency, but I have converted it and its not a huge difference.

Maybe I'll be a cat lover then. They seem cheeper ;)

Dan2nd
12-03-2006, 04:23 PM
Some religous people belive that god put Animals on this planet so we could have food and make clothes

on the other hand some other religous people belive god put animals on this planet for us to look after !

RedStratocas
12-03-2006, 07:05 PM
Some religous people belive that god put Animals on this planet so we could have food and make clothes

on the other hand some other religous people belive god put animals on this planet for us to look after !

But if god put them on the planet for food, why didnt he just pack them up in plastic and make the clothes grow on trees?:P

Im still for eating animals though

Polly-alyssa
12-03-2006, 07:22 PM
But if god put them on the planet for food, why didnt he just pack them up in plastic and make the clothes grow on trees?:P

Im still for eating animals though

Thats gd argument actually. Well i don't actually eat many animals, i aint a vegan, just a fussy eater. Occasionaly i eat fish, and beef nd chicken. Not much

iluvben
12-03-2006, 07:26 PM
Talking about dog costs there quite expensive with food and treat bills , toys , vet bills and replacing stuff they have drawn into there wrath of destruction :p

RedStratocas
12-03-2006, 07:48 PM
I eat meat now so that I can grow up to be a big boy.

But once im out of my house and to college, I wont be eating much meat, there isnt much that I like. Ill eat mexican, Id die without it.

FlyingJesus
12-03-2006, 08:18 PM
but it does cost more than 500 if you want to be a DECENT owner. You probably go to the vet maybe once every 9 monthes or so, so that could be twice a year even.

Vet bills aren't so expensive over here as far as I'm aware.

RedStratocas
12-03-2006, 08:22 PM

Depends on what it is I guess. Animals get vactionations, which are a ton.

iluvben
12-03-2006, 08:34 PM
Yes there are my friend had to pay over a grand when his dog got knocked down its like you should of got pet insurance

FlyingJesus
12-03-2006, 08:40 PM
Must just be my dog that's cheap ^_^ Then again it's a tiny thing, hardly a dog at all. My cats are bigger than it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!