PDA

View Full Version : Survey for school

cinliz
13-03-2006, 10:07 AM
Hello,
for my school i have to do research about downloading. especialy illegal downloading and distributing. could you please fill in this survey.
xx
Cinliz

Survey

Age?

Gender?

Residence? Country?

Did you know that downloading and distributing music, movies and software is illegal? ?

Do you download? Music? yes/no why?
Movies? yes/no why?
Software yes/no why?

Do you own illegal music, movies or software?
- How did you get it?

What’s your view on downloading and distributing illegal music, movies and software?

Do you know what measures the companies that are being harmed by illegal downloading and distributing are taking to stop illegal downloading and distributing?

Do you know what you government is doing to prevent the illegal downloading and distributing?
- What does your government do?

What would you do to prevent illegal downloading and distributing?

What do you think of the measures that were taken to prevent downloading en distributing of illegal music, movies and software?

Do you care about the measures that were taken to prevent illegal downloading and distributing?

Who do you think will be a victim of illegal downloading and distributing
- Music?
- movies?
- software?

Has anyone around you ever been in contact with the authority that try’s to prevent illegal downloading and distributing?
- what were the consequences?

Polly-alyssa
13-03-2006, 08:45 PM
Female
England
Yes
No
No
Yes, only freeby software, the type u get for 30 days
No
I don't really know, as i don't know much about it
No
No, i don't know what my government does.
Well that's hard really as the internet it so big lol
I don't really know the measures
Yes
- Teens
- Teens
- Teens or the elderly
No

cinliz
17-03-2006, 12:18 PM
Anyone else care to fill it in?

H
18-03-2006, 11:09 PM
Survey

Age - 15

Gender - Female

Country - Surrey

Did you know that downloading and distributing music, movies and software is illegal? Yes

Do you download? Music?Yes, if it's free of course I am going to.

Movies? yes - So me and my boyfriend can watch movies together

Software? no - I don't trust any software found on Limewire

- Everything you download it illegal, so yes. I got it from Limewire

What’s your view on downloading and distributing illegal music, movies and software?

Nothing wrong with it, it should be accepted.

Do you know what measures the companies that are being harmed by illegal downloading and distributing are taking to stop illegal downloading and distributing?

No I don't, and I personaly do not care

Do you know what you government is doing to prevent the illegal downloading and distributing?

The government does nothing unless it feels like doing thing.

Ban downloaders such as Limewire ect. They couldn't possibly such it ALL down though..

What do you think of the measures that were taken to prevent downloading en distributing of illegal music, movies and software?

I think they're pathetic, for instance a girl who got fined for downloading a nursery rhyme..

Do you care about the measures that were taken to prevent illegal downloading and distributing?

No

People who download stuff, not the actually providers

Has anyone around you ever been in contact with the authority that try’s to prevent illegal downloading and distributing?

No

FlyingJesus
19-03-2006, 02:02 AM
Age? 16.

Gender? Male.

Residence? Country? England, UK.

Did you know that downloading and distributing music, movies and software is illegal? Unless it's paid for, yes.

Do you download? Music? yes/no why? Yes, basically because it's free and easy to get hold of.
Movies? yes/no why? No, takes too long.
Software yes/no why? No, takes too long.

Do you own illegal music, movies or software? Yes.
- How did you get it? A peer-to-peer downloader.

What’s your view on downloading and distributing illegal music, movies and software? Fine by me, but then again I'm not a paid musician, actor or programmer, so I lose no money through it.

Do you know what measures the companies that are being harmed by illegal downloading and distributing are taking to stop illegal downloading and distributing? Not enough apparently.

Do you know what you government is doing to prevent the illegal downloading and distributing? Sort of..
- What does your government do? Fines and possible imprisonment if found.

What would you do to prevent illegal downloading and distributing? Make people more aware that downloading without purchase is piracy.

What do you think of the measures that were taken to prevent downloading en distributing of illegal music, movies and software? Rubbish, hardly anyone gets caught.

Do you care about the measures that were taken to prevent illegal downloading and distributing? Not really, because I'm ignorant and believe I won't get caught.

- Music? The musicians/producers who would otherwise earn royalties on the titles.
- movies? Producers/actors.
- software? Programmers/company shareholders.

Has anyone around you ever been in contact with the authority that try’s to prevent illegal downloading and distributing? Not to my knowledge.
- what were the consequences? n/a

beth
21-03-2006, 05:39 PM
Survey

Age? 15.

Gender? female.

Residence? Country? Birmingham, England.

Did you know that downloading and distributing music, movies and software is illegal? ? yah

Do you download? Music? yes/no why? yeah, cus it's easier.
Movies? yes/no why? nah, takes too long.
Software yes/no why? sometimes, free :]

Do you own illegal music, movies or software? yah.
- How did you get it? limewire

What’s your view on downloading and distributing illegal music, movies and software? go for it .

Do you know what measures the companies that are being harmed by illegal downloading and distributing are taking to stop illegal downloading and distributing? yeah, but they'll never catch everyone.

Do you know what you government is doing to prevent the illegal downloading and distributing? yep.
- What does your government do? police tracking and stuff?

What would you do to prevent illegal downloading and distributing? nothing

What do you think of the measures that were taken to prevent downloading en distributing of illegal music, movies and software? stupidio.

Do you care about the measures that were taken to prevent illegal downloading and distributing? Nah

- Music? ;; bands.
- movies? ;; actors etc.
- software? ;; creaters.

Has anyone around you ever been in contact with the authority that try’s to prevent illegal downloading and distributing? my dad. [police]
- what were the consequences? he does it himself ;]

SHEEPY
21-03-2006, 05:41 PM
You can expect that information to be forwarded to the police.

You have been warned!!1

Colourful™
21-03-2006, 07:16 PM
You could just hand the information straight into the police, or you might even be a police officer yourself undercover.

cinliz
22-03-2006, 02:17 PM
lol you two are paranoid
a police officer woudnt waist time like this lol
anywy anyone who issnt a paranoid fruitcake care
to fill it in

Grindie
22-03-2006, 05:24 PM
Survey

Age? 15

Gender? Male

Residence? Country? London, England

Did you know that downloading and distributing music, movies and software is illegal? ? Yes

Do you download? Music? yes/no why? Yes - I like to listen to a variety of music and I don't have endless amounts of money to pay for them
Movies? yes/no why? No - I don't watch as much films these days, so I don't really feel the need
Software yes/no why? Yes - I don't do this often, but software is usually over-priced.

- How did you get it? Yes - I used torrent files with uTorrent

I'm well aware of it being illegal, and I do understnad that it may be unfair to the bands. But, I do buy albums of bands that I really like.

I heard about NTL giving names of downloaders to the police, and the police have stopped a few mass downloaders, but nothing on a great scale.

- What does your government do?
Errrmmm, i'm not too sure, i'm not aware of my government doing anything yet

Well, there's no point putting prices down, I suppose you could put some kind of software on the CD that prevents the user from uploading it onto a P2P sharing network, so that other users would have to have the original CD for them.

I don't think they've done much but i'm happy as it is

Not really, i'm happy as it is.

- Music? Teens
- movies? Teens
- software? More advanced users

- what were the consequences?
Nope, never had any contact with authorities over this.

Colin-Roberts
22-03-2006, 09:24 PM
lol police cant arrest you for this. they cant trick you like this its against the law (atleast were i live).

letsdance6
23-03-2006, 06:00 PM
I agree, this survey could be easily handed to the police on paper.

cinliz
03-04-2006, 08:23 AM
Anyone else care to fill in my survey?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!