PDA

View Full Version : New layout worse than dried bile

Lozzoling
14-03-2006, 05:33 PM
Thats my opinion and well....the majority,on habbox's poll, the 'I hate it' option is up on top with a whopping 33% of the vote. You may notice the new layout is the same as the habbox hosting layout, talk about not original.

Lozzoling

Dash
14-03-2006, 05:35 PM
I agree. Its awful :(

8Freak8
14-03-2006, 05:40 PM
Thats my opinion and well....the majority,on habbox's poll, the 'I hate it' option is up on top with a whopping 33% of the vote. You may notice the new layout is the same as the habbox hosting layout, talk about not original.

Lozzoling
Your first point is that the majority don't like it. No thats wrong.
53.7% find it ok or better.
46.3% dont like it.
As for the 46% that dont like it, of course they matter too but we feel they will get used to it.

Your second point is about Habbox Hosting. Yes that would be branding and is intentional.

Lozzoling
14-03-2006, 05:47 PM
I won't, i think i'd even rather use habbo globe for rare values and risk losing lots in trading

OK AND BETTER? lmao so its so bad you're boasting about is being ok

BRANDING? Fgs THIS IS A HABBO FANSITE,YOU'RE NOT FLIPPING MICROSOFT

*calms down and laughs at habbox*

Always
14-03-2006, 06:45 PM
The reason it may be the top vote for 'Hate it' is because it doesn't seem to be uniue and you can vote many times so sad people like you probably sit onyur computer continously voting the 'Hate it' option

Personally I love the new layout-Greay job!

Lozzoling
15-03-2006, 04:06 PM
you cant vote many times- i personally tried

MattUH
15-03-2006, 04:32 PM
its not 46% more like 62% =]

I hate it =/

iluvben
15-03-2006, 04:34 PM
Omg the new layout is DREADFUL , bring back the old one its more habbox

Hawk
15-03-2006, 04:36 PM
The reason it may be the top vote for 'Hate it' is because it doesn't seem to be uniue and you can vote many times so glad people like you probably sit onyur computer continously voting the 'Hate it' option

Personally I loath the new layout-Gay job! I agree

Viking
15-03-2006, 04:39 PM
It's okay, apart from the banner area. Has a few nice features.
but ye, if you don't like it, go away, I'm sure Habbox wont care.

mizz-tier
15-03-2006, 04:39 PM
:( new layout is horrid, looks cheap and tacky IMO :D

MattUH
15-03-2006, 04:42 PM
its not even a personal one =/ the old layout was own made JUST for Habbox now its not omg "/

Whats with the login lmao =/ right...

Neversoft
15-03-2006, 04:44 PM
There is just no please in some people. :rolleyes: I like it, its just lost the Habboxy theme, but I'll get used to it and so will YOU.

Hawk
15-03-2006, 04:46 PM
It's okay, apart from everything. Has a few crap features.
but ye, if you don't like it, go away, I'm sure Habbox will care. They have a **** site anyway. you go girl!

Tom H
15-03-2006, 06:31 PM
It looks like mambo open source..

Invent
15-03-2006, 08:47 PM
It looks like mambo open source..

It is Mambo. Thats why it looks like it :P Its terrible, as many other websites will probably using the same template as its a worldwide CMS.

---MAD---
15-03-2006, 08:52 PM
hmm, i dont think its completely finished (banner part) and other parts..i think..

Dan Williamson
15-03-2006, 09:46 PM
I thought it was Joomla, but I may be mistaken. Anyway i'll have fun once a new exploit comes out :rolleyes:

It is Mambo. Thats why it looks like it :P Its terrible, as many other websites will probably using the same template as its a worldwide CMS.

JackHb
15-03-2006, 10:02 PM
You only have to view the source to see if its joomla

woebegone
15-03-2006, 10:51 PM
Hah, they deleated the 'do you like the v3 of habbox', probably because the majority hated it. Haha classic

Captain Grammar
15-03-2006, 10:54 PM
It's too buisness in my eyes and compared to the old layout, it doesn't suit the theme which Habbox presents or the people behind it.

All I see when I look at that are 'suits'.

-Wolverine
15-03-2006, 10:57 PM
I honestly hate it.
The last layout was 20 times better. ;/

sierk1
16-03-2006, 10:33 AM
Im very happy with the new layout, it's much easier now to update and it has a lot of nice features built in. Im sure everybody will get used to it, as long as we have good content that is the only important thing. 8Freak8 and properclone did a very nice job adjusting the layout to make it look like the Habbox homepage (flexible width, navigation on left, menus on the right) :)

issaa.
16-03-2006, 10:37 AM
I think they need to sort out the banner.

GJay
16-03-2006, 01:33 PM
I prefered the original version because it was more fun and exciting. Perhaps Habbox now want the theme to be similar to the rest of the sites i.e. the forum and hosting.

What I do like about the new version tho is it looks very sophisticated and grown up. Not the sort of layout that my parents would say '6 year olds use that surely?' lol.

Viking
16-03-2006, 03:35 PM
you go girl!
We have a very immature member on our hands I see.

Jane
16-03-2006, 04:14 PM
Eugh, I hate it. Old one was much better.

Seatherny
16-03-2006, 04:38 PM
tbh, (no offence to the person who made it), it looks gd on habbox hosting as its a business type site, but that layout looks awfull on a fansite!

Wootzeh
16-03-2006, 04:57 PM
as long as we have good content that is the only important thing. Not really, it's called first impressions, if you don't like what you see straight away you tend not to look through the site.

Seatherny
16-03-2006, 05:38 PM
Not really, it's called first impressions, if you don't like what you see straight away you tend not to look through the site.

I agree
When i first visited habbox, i loved the layout and had a proper look at its content
Now, i visited the new layout and i didnt even bother looking around the site

MattUH
16-03-2006, 05:58 PM
I agree
When i first visited habbox, i loved the layout and had a proper look at its content

i wont even visit the site anymore it puts me off alot! =]

8Freak8
16-03-2006, 05:58 PM
I agree
Nah I dont think the new layout will stop anyone except yourself looking round.

For people quoting the V3 poll, check out the Habbo V9 poll. On that, the leading option is Don't like it! Is V9 bad? No of course not.

Seatherny
16-03-2006, 06:25 PM
Nah I dont think the new layout will stop anyone except yourself looking round.

For people quoting the V3 poll, check out the Habbo V9 poll. On that, the leading option is Don't like it! Is V9 bad? No of course not.

No offemce, but you should really look at other peoples views
about 49% said dont like the new layout right? well, in my opinion, you guys are just ignoring them. How about have both layouts and users can choose the one they want to use? ... a bit like a VB skin, users can choose the one they like and use that.

Edwardo2005
16-03-2006, 06:45 PM
There is just no please in some people. :rolleyes: I like it, its just lost the Habboxy theme, but I'll get used to it and so will YOU.

You can't force us to like it noob. Who do you think you are? Giving out your orders like theres no tomorrow.

Secondly, the new Habbox layout is awful. When I looked at it, I slapped my head, and done 50 press ups just to get it out of my system. It looks too profressional, and the grey with orange don't match. Bring back the old layout, or I will go and protest in Hallway 1.

brodeo
16-03-2006, 07:59 PM
No offemce, but you should really look at other peoples views
about 49% said dont like the new layout right? well, in my opinion, you guys are just ignoring them. How about have both layouts and users can choose the one they want to use? ... a bit like a VB skin, users can choose the one they like and use that.

Oh no, that would be actually giving people an opinion. Habbox could never do that.

8Freak8
16-03-2006, 08:25 PM
Saurav, we have made the choice and that is what will happen. If everyone leaves, if the users online on habbox.com drops below 140 at peak times, if people stop buying VIP, if Habbox goes down the drain then it will be our fault. But it won't.

You cannot expect us to take people at their word when they make such completely ridiculous comments as Dollars just did. Habbox could never give people an opinion? We're not banning you are we? We're paying hundreds of dollars per month to provide you with places to express your opinion.

I'm not viewing this thread again because people are digging for no reason and ruining it for the people that have a valid point to make.

If you have a specific thing that you want us to do, feel free to PM me. For example, someone suggested to me to add a Habbo logo background image. And hey, it was done.

Well done to people in this thread for expressing their opinion incorrectly.

Smiddy
16-03-2006, 08:35 PM
I think the only thing that needs altering would be the new choice of colour scheme.

The rest of the site lay-out is fine.

and it will become increasingly better as time flies by.

For those who are stating the poll, Notice how a lot of official fansites also have a "Professional" layout?

it's not different, we're just bumping back up to terms of "Modernisation" and "surrealism". The layout should give habbo users a sense of maturity {god knows what sad comments you'll think to that ¬_¬}.

Alterate
16-03-2006, 08:51 PM
the banner is awful apart from that it is okay.. I don't feel its apporaite layout for a fansite but its okay.

Edit;

It's not different, we're just bumping back up to terms of "Modernisation" and "surrealism". The layout should give habbo users a sense of maturity

Habbo is aimed at children if habbo changed all there site to 'professional site' you think they would get the hits they do? this is a habbo fansite which should also be aimed at children.

Seatherny
16-03-2006, 09:21 PM
Oh no, that would be actually giving people an opinion. Habbox could never do that.

I disagree. I had been a super moderator for 4 months here and I had NEVER seen someone getting banned for expressing their opinion. People think Habbox bans people for expressing their opinion, but if you could see the ban report, you would understand why someone was banned. They need loads of evidence before banning!

Anyway, 8freak8, I am sure people will carry on using habbox as it has great content, but I am sure it's hit count will go down because of the layout. People like it simple and well ... habboish!

Thats my opinion anyway! xD

Smiddy
16-03-2006, 10:21 PM
the banner is awful apart from that it is okay.. I don't feel its apporaite layout for a fansite but its okay.

Edit;

Habbo is aimed at children if habbo changed all there site to 'professional site' you think they would get the hits they do? this is a habbo fansite which should also be aimed at children.
Wow, I'm sure a 16 year old would just LOVE to be called a "child" wouldn't they.

The site is aimed at 11 - 16 year olds remember? As long as we appeal to a certain age limit amongst those guidelines, s'all good. ¬_¬

I mean, how professional must habbo be? It's just the colours which make Habbox look "Bland" and "Boring" ;\

JackHb
16-03-2006, 11:11 PM
I disagree. I had been a super moderator for 4 months here and I had NEVER seen someone getting banned for expressing their opinion. People think Habbox bans people for expressing their opinion, but if you could see the ban report, you would understand why someone was banned. They need loads of evidence before banning!

Anyway, 8freak8, I am sure people will carry on using habbox as it has great content, but I am sure it's hit count will go down because of the layout. People like it simple and well ... habboish!

Thats my opinion anyway! xD

Yes - most of the people who say "Habbox bans for having opinions" don't have a clue what they are talking about. When someone is banned we have to fill in about 6 different peices of information about the user, and not once have someone been banned for their opinion. There is a difference between giving your opinion and just being rude.

Neversoft
16-03-2006, 11:51 PM
You can't force us to like it noob. Who do you think you are? Giving out your orders like theres no tomorrow.

Secondly, the new Habbox layout is awful. When I looked at it, I slapped my head, and done 50 press ups just to get it out of my system. It looks too profressional, and the grey with orange don't match. Bring back the old layout, or I will go and protest in Hallway 1.

Pfft, if only you know how hard it is. Habbox Staff have spent alot of time setting up the whole site and everything, the last thing they need is people like you telling them their site is crap.. :rolleyes:

Also, Will you be bringing back all the Guides like the Public Sapces hideouts and everything? :)

nets
17-03-2006, 01:13 AM
but I'll get used to it and so will YOU.
Seeing as it's now mandatory to "get used to" the layout, can you please inform me of the consequences if I don't like it?

.Mike-
17-03-2006, 03:36 AM
I strongly agree with you lozzo!
its dreadful, change it back to its regular layout!!

Matt.
17-03-2006, 07:42 AM
I strongly agree with you lozzo!
its dreadful, change it back to its regular layout!!
Just use www.habbox.com/index.php :d I do:)

Neversoft
17-03-2006, 07:42 AM
Seeing as it's now mandatory to "get used to" the layout, can you please inform me of the consequences if I don't like it?

There are no consequences.. If you don't like it, fine. Then don't go on Habbox. But its abit of a stupid reason no to go on just because of the layout.. If you keep going on it, you won't hate the layout forever.

brodeo
17-03-2006, 07:46 AM
-Waiting for version 4-

Blinger1
17-03-2006, 09:18 AM
Is it just me or only the habbox staff people are saying the layout is good...?

sierk1
17-03-2006, 03:08 PM
The filosophy for habbox is that only content matters, and it proved very successful so I think we are right. It doesnt matter if ppl like what they see or not, they still want to read our news, see our rare values etc. Besides much more ppl hated the old layout and that never stopped us from becoming very popular either. It just shows that as long as the content is good and the site is easy to navigate it doesnt matter what the first impression is.

Not really, it's called first impressions, if you don't like what you see straight away you tend not to look through the site.

---MAD---
17-03-2006, 03:20 PM
The filosophy for habbox is that only content matters, and it proved very successful so I think we are right. It doesnt matter if ppl like what they see or not, they still want to read our news, see our rare values etc. Besides much more ppl hated the old layout and that never stopped us from becoming very popular either. It just shows that as long as the content is good and the site is easy to navigate it doesnt matter what the first impression is.
yeah, good point :)

nets
17-03-2006, 03:21 PM
The filosophy for habbox is that only content matter
Then why did you change your layout?

---MAD---
17-03-2006, 03:22 PM
Nets, they changed the layout because they want it to be CMPS where people can register and use features etc. More features and stuff will be coming soon for registered users.

Pfft, if only you know how hard it is. Habbox Staff have spent alot of time setting up the whole site and everything, the last thing they need is people like you telling them their site is crap.. :rolleyes:

Also, Will you be bringing back all the Guides like the Public Sapces hideouts and everything? :)
everything will be back. As it says on the home page, may take abit longer for the stuff you are asking for :)

nets
17-03-2006, 03:25 PM
You could have just used a CMS which you added onto your previous layout, keeping your originality.

Lozzoling
17-03-2006, 05:26 PM
YAY I'VE STARTED A GEEK-REBEL-THREAD

Lozzoling
17-03-2006, 05:41 PM
sierk, i'm not taking anything seriously from someone who cant spell philosophy

LMAO FOR THE OLD HABBOX,CLICK:
http://www.habbox.com/index.php

And by the way,in your new layout you've lost a lot of content like habbo history, is it "the less content,the less to be hacked"?

Please stop talking bull all of you habbox management team, you can't stop our opinion but OH REMEMBER,p@nd@ had his opinions,what did you do to HIM,shut him up.

Oh very mature,habbox,very.

Wait i've double posted,is that enough of an excuse you can use to shut ME up.

LMAO,another example of shutting people up,deleting the hate option on the poll, oh habbox what a corrupt,lousy,lazy place you are. I despise you habbox,if the world was with people like YOU then it would be like George Orwells 1984, FACE IT,you're as corrupt as Tony Blair,you'll do anything to get your own way and YOU MAKE ME SICK

Basho
17-03-2006, 06:53 PM
The layout isn't all that terrible, and even if it is, Habbox needed a new layout. That layout was getting very old. Like it or not; you'll most likely get use to it within a month or two ;)

Viking
18-03-2006, 12:08 AM
sierk, i'm not taking anything seriously from someone who cant spell philosophy

LMAO FOR THE OLD HABBOX,CLICK:
http://www.habbox.com/index.php

And by the way,in your new layout you've lost a lot of content like habbo history, is it "the less content,the less to be hacked"?

Please stop talking bull all of you habbox management team, you can't stop our opinion but OH REMEMBER,p@nd@ had his opinions,what did you do to HIM,shut him up.

Oh very mature,habbox,very.

Wait i've double posted,is that enough of an excuse you can use to shut ME up.

LMAO,another example of shutting people up,deleting the hate option on the poll, oh habbox what a corrupt,lousy,lazy place you are. I despise you habbox,if the world was with people like YOU then it would be like George Orwells 1984, FACE IT,you're as corrupt as Tony Blair,you'll do anything to get your own way and YOU MAKE ME SICK
Your correcting sierk, but atleast he can use punctuation correctly.

Cypher-
18-03-2006, 09:29 AM
I won't, i think i'd even rather use habbo globe for rare values and risk losing lots in trading

OK AND BETTER? lmao so its so bad you're boasting about is being ok

BRANDING? Fgs THIS IS A HABBO FANSITE,YOU'RE NOT FLIPPING MICROSOFT

*calms down and laughs at habbox*

Do you realise how pathetic a forum post like that sounds?

Dharok
18-03-2006, 09:33 AM
what aload of crap

VistaUltimate
19-03-2006, 09:40 AM

You're both wrong, Its Joomla
Which is pretty much Mambo though :P

MattUH
19-03-2006, 12:04 PM
Its rubbish.

End off =]

Dharok
19-03-2006, 12:04 PM
its a disgrace

VistaUltimate
19-03-2006, 07:51 PM
Ok, although I don't like it,
It looks even worse if the over sites, eg: HabboxLive,
Dont have it

Ben.
19-03-2006, 09:03 PM
I disagree i think its ok

Cassie
19-03-2006, 09:23 PM
I hate it. If anythin its the forum that needs a new layout.

Pauls
19-03-2006, 11:19 PM
Its alright, liked the old one better though

Blinger1
20-03-2006, 02:34 PM
I dont like it but habbox did spend alot of time making it...!

kasi
20-03-2006, 05:16 PM
me & my friend matt were talking about it yesterday and both agreed that the old one was bad too but it was still better than this, and it looks like one you could get off a free layout website.

Re101
20-03-2006, 06:28 PM
Well its actually i very high tech CMS (contact management system) that works really well, i'd say before you go saying its rubbish you try and make one of these.

iluvben
20-03-2006, 06:42 PM
Well its actually i very high tech CMS (contact management system) that works really well, i'd say before you go saying its rubbish you try and make one of these.
Just because it may be technical to make and difficult doesn't mean its not rubbish :rolleyes:

Complex!
20-03-2006, 09:16 PM
well I'd personally complain with the old one being to bright
This one is more Professonial and I'd also use the word 'mature'
I prefer new one. END OFF lol :8

iluvben
20-03-2006, 10:14 PM
well I'd personally complain with the old one being to bright
This one is more Professonial and I'd also use the word 'mature'
I prefer new one. END OFF lol :8
err no m8

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!