PDA

View Full Version : UK edits Australian tourism advert!

SupaIGA
15-03-2006, 01:03 AM
Hi, as you can see below there is a new tourism advert for Australia, which is currently screening around the world. However, it is not the models on the beach causing the problem it is the slogon at the end:

"So where the bloody hell are you?"

This has been failed by the advertisement commitee in the UK, therefore it has been edited to:

"So where the hell are you?"

Your views on this, is bloody still known as a swear word - and was they right to ban the word?

Grimmauld
15-03-2006, 01:08 AM
What's wrong with bloody? I find it a very expressive word. And it's " So where the bloody hell are you? \ So where the hell are you ? "

-Wolverine
15-03-2006, 01:17 AM
Bloody isn't that bad of a word..
In North america if you say bloody it won't mean a thing.

Dupion
15-03-2006, 04:02 PM
In the UK we can say it easily and, for example, I might get annoyed and go 'oh bloody hell' and my mom wouldn't mind. :)

Revis
15-03-2006, 06:02 PM
In the UK we can say it easily and, for example, I might get annoyed and go 'oh bloody hell' and my mom wouldn't mind. :)
It's stereotypical for British people to say it...

Rawr
15-03-2006, 06:13 PM
I don't think ''bloody'' is a bad word at all. We use it all the time and even some teachers use it. Either way i doubt it will make me go to Austraila as it's too far away and I can't afford it mwha. :p

Mentor
15-03-2006, 06:15 PM
Its like they say, The censorship put on advertisming is decades behind the rest of the contary. Im doubful the large majorty of the population would even be offeneded if the advert had called em a c**t "/
Words are Words, Other than socal outcasts who have nothing better to do in the day than write complaints, who actaly cares "/

<3Hannah<3
15-03-2006, 06:16 PM
Its kinda silly, i dont think bloody is even rude at all i dont understand why people think so, its not like there saying F****** or anything

Groovy
15-03-2006, 06:28 PM
I don't think bloody is a swear word, its a common word used when you get annoyed like bloody hell. Its like the word damnit, sugar or fack which ain't swear words.

Polly-alyssa
15-03-2006, 07:34 PM
Bloody aint a swear word, well i don't think it is anyway.

Craig
15-03-2006, 07:37 PM
At the end of the day you still get idiots who phone up and complain about things like that.

Php
15-03-2006, 07:43 PM
i see theres nothing wrong with bloody

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!