PDA

View Full Version : Installing SHOUTCast on a Linux Server

Tomm
16-03-2006, 07:32 AM
Login to Shell useing PuTTY or another product. Then type:

cd /home/yourusername/
Type:

wget
http://www.shoutcast.com/downloads/s...-glibc6.tar.gz (http://www.shoutcast.com/downloads/sc1-9-2/shoutcast-1-9-2-linux-glibc6.tar.gz) This will download shoutcast to your home directory.

Then type:

tar -zxvf shoutcast-1-9-2-linux-glibc6.tar.gz This will untar the file you just downloaded

Type:

rm -rf shoutcast-1-9-2-linux-glibc6.tar.gz This will delete the tar file you just downloaded.

Type@

mv shoutcast-1-9-2-linux-glibc6 shoutcast This will move the files you just untared to a directory called shoutcast.

Type:

cd shoutcast This will move you to the Shoutcast directory.

Then open up sc_serv.conf and edit: MaxUser, Password, and BasePort. Also uncomment admin pass (By removeing the space and the #) and put a diffrent password in there. Save and upload the file. NOTE: If your server supports it you can type:

pico sc_serv.conf To edit the file without downloading it. Then to save type Ctrl+O and hit return.

To run shoutcast type:

./sc_serv sc_serv.conf NOTE: You MUST be in the shoutcast directory.

Also to keep the shoutcast server up and running make a cron job for about evey 5 mins:

#!/bin/bash

if [ "`/sbin/pidof /pathtoscservdir/sc_serv`" == "" ]; then
nohup /pathtoscservdir/sc_serv /pathtoscservdir/sc_serv.conf &
fi
Replace /pathtoscservdir with the path to your shoutcast folder.

If you get a error about the port being used, edit the sc_serv.conf file to change the port.

If you need any more help please post below.

Thanks,

Tom

Rix
16-03-2006, 08:14 AM
good job + rep

Recursion
16-03-2006, 11:08 AM
can you use PuTTY to block internet access to other computers on the LAN? because whenever my brother gets angry at me he uses this free program that he could use to do things with peoples internet on our network. I have seen the program PuTTY on his computers desktop when Ive snuck in. So is this that program?

Tomm
16-03-2006, 11:16 AM
PuTTY is a free Telnet/SSH program.. If the router you use supports Telnet I guess it is posible to block internet access.

DaveTaylor
16-03-2006, 12:47 PM
i used putty before dont and i repeat dont use beta versions it crashed my whole linux system

Tomm
17-03-2006, 08:13 AM
i used putty before dont and i repeat dont use beta versions it crashed my whole linux system

:o Lol :)

:Blob
19-03-2006, 01:28 PM
Putty keeps saying the file dont exist
AND ITS REALLY ANNOYING ME

Tomm
19-03-2006, 02:20 PM
Putty keeps saying the file dont exist
AND ITS REALLY ANNOYING ME

Sure you followed the tutorial right? It works fine..

:Blob
19-03-2006, 02:33 PM
I know i was just typing the wrong link lol

Tomm
19-03-2006, 02:34 PM
Lol ok :D

nick12
26-03-2006, 05:26 PM
mate all you do is this
the folloing

download file put it on server edit it go to putty and type ./sc_server well thats how i do it and it works like a pro

Lycan
26-03-2006, 05:51 PM
Why are you bringing up dead threads

Negitive Rep

nets
26-03-2006, 05:52 PM
Nice tutorial, although I don't use Linux.

Tomm
26-03-2006, 06:24 PM
Nice tutorial, although I don't use Linux.

Thanks :) Lol I dont use Linux. I just picked it up because I use a linux server.

nets
26-03-2006, 06:28 PM
Thanks :) Lol I dont use Linux. I just picked it up because I use a linux server.
I know, I was saying I don't use a Linux server. :P

Tomm
26-03-2006, 06:29 PM
I know, I was saying I don't use a Linux server. :P

Ooo so you use a windows server?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!