PDA

View Full Version : Favorite line in a song

RedStratocas
18-03-2006, 04:03 AM
What are your favorite lines in songs? I dont mean whole lyrics, so dont post an entire song. I mean one or two specific lines.

Mine are

"I love myself better than you"--On A Plain by Nirvana
"Do you feel the way you hate? Do you hate the way you feel?"-- Greedy Fly by Bush
"You wasted life, why wouldnt you waste death?"-- Ocean Breathes Salty by Modest Mouse
"I dont care what you do, Im getting out"-- Get It Faster by Jimmy Eat World
"Pay your surgeon very well to break the spell of ageing"--Californication by Red Hot Chili Peppers
"Here's the clincher: This should be you"-- The Clincher by Chevelle
"Blame was found"--Used For Glue by Rival Schools
"When you work it out Im worse than you"-- God Put A Smile Upon Your Face by Coldplay
"Hey megalomaniac, youre no Jesus"--Megalomaniac by Incubus
"Hey hey now, can you fake it? Can you make it look like we want?"--Stacked Actors by Foo Fighters
"Don't be low, you better watch the road"-- Wish by Alien Ant Farm
"You dont remember, you dont remember, why dont you remember my name?"--Paranoid Android by Radiohead
"Ive got no patience now"--Know Your Enemy by Rage Against The Machine.

Might add more later

Jordan3
18-03-2006, 09:03 AM
"For you I'd bleed myself dry" - Yellow by Coldplay
"I fiend for a microphone like heroin" - Microphone Fiend by Rage Against The Machine
"Do you want a song of glory? Well I'm f---ing screaming at you" A Box Full of Sharp Objects by The Used
"We'll laugh as we die and we'll celebrate the end of things" Drowning Lessons by My Chemical Romance
"Thank you for making me worthless in your eyes" Rookie of the Year by Funeral For A Friend
"It's hard to believe that there's nobody out there" Under the Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
"Well you'll never find it if you're looking for it" Blue and Yellow by The Used
"Just break the silence 'cause I'm drifting away from you" New Born by Muse

All I can think of..

Broken-Tear
18-03-2006, 10:10 PM
Quite a few lyric lines stick in my head. Espically when i cannot remember the name of the song
"I'm not cool and i'll never be" - The art of losing- American hi-fi
"Your always dressed to kill" - Dressed to kill- A new found glory
"Obsession, Desire Depression" - Obsession- Eighteen Visions (seeing as it is repeated over and over again)
"She said, She said, "why don't you just drop dead" - a little less sixteen candles a little more touch me - Fall out boy
"Which came first the music or the misery" - The music or the misery - fall out boy
"I don't wanna be you, don't wanna be just like you" The anthem - good charlotte
"I weigh you down i watch you choke. You look so good in blue" Fall out boy can't remember the song
"Merry Christmas i could care less" Yule shoot your eye out - fall out boy
"Am we demented or am i disturbed" Jesus of surburbia- greenday
"The poets are just kids that didn't make it" -I've Got A Dark Alley And A Bad Idea That Says You Should Shut Your Mouth (Summer Song)-Fall out boy

That's what keeps through my mind for several resons xD

Blue
18-03-2006, 10:12 PM
just 1 4 me

gorillaz- fire coming out of a monkeys head

falling out of areoplanes an hadin out in holes waitin 4 the sunset 2 come ppl goin home jump out from behind them an shoot them in the head now everybodys dancin the dance of the dead

SHEEPY
18-03-2006, 10:13 PM
Coldplay - The Scientist

The lyrics in that song are utter genius.

Jordan3
18-03-2006, 10:29 PM
Coldplay - The Scientist

Agreed. That song is awesome.

Mia
18-03-2006, 10:42 PM
Ive got a right to be wrong my mistakes will make me strong :- Joss Stone
This is the closest thing to crazy I have ever known :- Katie Melua
All the lonely people where do they all come from :- The Beatles
When I come to call she wont forsake me am loving angels instead :- Robbie Williams
I'll always look back as I walk away :- Westlife
Every single day everytime I pray I'll be missing you :- Puff Daddy
For you I'd bleed myself dry :- Coldplay
See that old lady aint it sad living out a bag plus shes glad for all the things shes had :-2pac
Like a bat out of hell I'll be gone when the morning comes :-Meatloaf

H
18-03-2006, 10:46 PM
"My heart can't possibly break if it wasn't even whole to start with"

"Would you find it in your heart, to make this go away and let me rest in pieces"

H
18-03-2006, 10:47 PM
Coldplay - The Scientist

Agreed, great song.

Webhamster
18-03-2006, 10:47 PM
"Jump out from behind them, and shoot them in the head, everybody's dancing, the dance of the dead, the daaaaaannnce, of the dead..." - Fire Coming out of a Monkeys Head by Gorillaz. :)

Blue
18-03-2006, 10:49 PM
"Jump out from behind them, and shoot them in the head, everybody's dancing, the dance of the dead, the daaaaaannnce, of the dead..." - Fire Coming out of a Monkeys Head by Gorillaz. :)

thts my fave line :D

November has come wen its gooooooone oh yeh
November has come - gorillaz

Webhamster
18-03-2006, 10:50 PM
I tend to put my favorite lines of songs on MSN Sounds, I have "Jump out...dance of the dead..." as one of them.

Blue
18-03-2006, 10:51 PM
cool wt a name webhamster hehe

Jordan3
18-03-2006, 10:59 PM
November has come wen its gooooooone oh yeh
Oh it takes a genius to write something like that. :rolleyes:

Jim Rotates
19-03-2006, 12:10 AM
"We meshed the styles of five alive and intertwined and fused it" - Move On - No Doubt. I love this lyric because it's so true. Apart from Madonna obviously, No Doubt have got to be the act who reinvented themselve the most, with diferent styles of music and everything.

"Welcome to the tragic kingdom, cornfields of popcorn have yet to spring open" - Tragic Kingdom - No Doubt

"I always thought I'd be a mom. Sometimes I wish for a mistake" - Simple Kind Of Life - No Doubt

"Why do the good girls, always want the bad boys?" - Bathwater - No Doubt

"Can you tell I'm faking it? But I wanna be myself" - Magic's In The Makeup - No Doubt

"Makeup's all off... who am I?" - Magic's In The Makeup - No Doubt

"I was born two weeks late, is that why I hesitate?" - Artificial Sweetener - No Doubt

"Here comes the bride, all dressed in white" - Marry Me - No Doubt

"And to make it real, I need to have you here, I need to have you, I need to hold you" - Home Now - No Doubt

"And finally it feels like the lost was found. You got me filled up now, don't let me down" - Don't Let Me Down - No Doubt

"Pour some misery down on me" - Only Happy When It Rains - Garbage

"In the middle of the world on a fish-hook. You're the wave, you're the wave, you're the wave" - Swallowed - Bush

"Does his makeup in his room, douse himself with cheap perfume. Eyeholes in a paper bag, greatest lay I ever had" - Nancy Boy - Placebo

"I am young and I am lost, every sentence has its cost. I am young and I am lost, you react to my riposte" - The Coast Is Always Changing - Maxïmo Park

"Age makes no difference till you open your mouth, use your time just to work things out" - The Coast Is Always Changing - Maxïmo Park

"Twenty-four hours on an empty brain. Got my finger on the trigger and you're in my way" - Bouncing Off The Walls - Sugarcult

"Losing half a year, waiting for you here. I'd be your anything" - Memory - Sugarcult

"Only in dreams, we see what it means. Reach out our hands, hold on to hers. But when we wake, it's all been erased. And so it seems only in dreams" - Only In Dreams - Weezer

"Got on your aviator shades, yeah man you're lookin' really ace!" - Freakin' Out - Graham Coxon

"And you can think of me when you forget your seatbelt and again when your head goes through the windshield" - Seventy Times 7 - Brand New

"Oh, I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts" - Get Busy Living Or Get Busy Dying (Do Your Part To Save The Scene And Stop Going To Shows) - Fall Out Boy

"So goodbye to you and your life. Your new best friends, your confidence" - Streetcar - FFAF

"We're just a wet dream for the webzine. Make us it, make us hip, make us scene" - London Beckond Songs About Money Written By Machines - Panic! At The Disco

"There was a terrible crash... there was a terrible CRASH" - Build God, Then We'll Talk - Panic! At The Disco

"Next to her cheap silicone I look minimal" - Objection (Tango) - Shakira

RedStratocas
21-03-2006, 10:55 PM
=O How could I forget the best opening line for an album ever

"I declare I dont care no more"- Burnout by Green Day

FlyingJesus
22-03-2006, 12:17 AM
You don't like No Doubt by any chance do you JimmyJimJim? :P

"Kill The Omega, For He's The One Who Lives At The End
Enthrone The Beggar, Knowing All The Lords Of Earth Will Defend" - Just For Us - DæmonTongue

"And You Don't Want To Be Here In The Future
So You Say The Present's Just A Pleasant
Interruption To The Past" - Konstantine - Something Corporate

"Now I Wonder If I Wander Will I Walk Or Will I Fly?" - Rest In Peace - MrYO

"With These Final Words I Pull The Switch,
We Turn To Dust, Dust To Dust" - Dust To Dust - The Misfits

Jim Rotates
22-03-2006, 10:36 PM
You don't like No Doubt by any chance do you JimmyJimJim? :P

Nah, not really lol :P. I was pretty annoyed with Gwen late last year with the Luxurious FIASCO, but I'm over it. I'm also over the whole Crash thing and if people can remember since Rich Girl I've been protesting for a release of Bubble Pop Electric, three singles and a disgrace (the disgrace being Luxurious) later, no sign of the sure hit :'(

But I managed to forget one of my favourite No Doubt lyrics which came from the late Bradley Nowell lol...

"Rock this **** straight back to Anaheim!" - Total Hate '95 - No Doubt feat. Bradley Nowell

Mia
22-03-2006, 10:45 PM
I tend to put my favorite lines of songs on MSN Sounds, I have "Jump out...dance of the dead..." as one of them.

Sorry totally off subject but as a scouser :P gotta say loving ur sig Webmaster :eusa_clap

Al
22-03-2006, 10:48 PM
Mearly only one for me,

"I love you like a fat kid loves cake.." - fifty cent (50 cent)

Cypher-
23-03-2006, 12:27 AM
Listen to iris by the goo goo dolls, its my favourite song ever for reasons noone would understand but the lyrics in it can touch anyone.

Also every johnny cash song has a spectacular message, you just have to look harder in some of them but songs like ring of fire and ive been everywhere are an proof of a genius.

Crono
23-03-2006, 06:59 AM
"I should be ashamed of this, I'm not" - (I forgot the name) by The Audition
"So tear my eyes right out. I'd rather see without them anyway." - Such A Tragedy by From First To Last
"It's not our job to make anyone believe" - Listening To Freddy Mercury by Emery
"If I could take your pain away, I would bleed for you, and I'll bleed for you" - Bleed For You by Hidden In Plain View
"Me and you are as good as done" - Good As Done by Too Short Notice
"So cross my heart and hope to, I'm lying just to keep you here" - Slow Dance On The Inside by Taking Back Sunday
"More, more, more of you more of you" (just the way he screams it) - Cherished by Still Remains
"I'd rather die than have to see your smile" - Smashed Into Pieces by Silverstein
"You come over unannounced, silence broken by your voice in the dark. I need you here tonight just like the ocean needs the waves" - The Ocean by Mae
Anything from Bowl Of Oranges by Bright Eyes, paticularly "Thank you stranger, for your therapeutic smile"

And a lot more.

Jim Rotates
24-03-2006, 10:22 PM
I just remembered another one

"Oh look I took the band-aid off, did I take it off too soon?" Comforting Lie - No Doubt

That was when it was cool to insult Bush yeah? lol. Not mentioning any names...*cough*Green Day*cough* :P

Kyle.tk
25-03-2006, 12:04 AM
'The truth is you could slit my throat, and with my one last gasping breath i'd apologise for bleeding on your shirt' Your so last summer-Taking back sunday

'your such a sucker for a sweet talker yeh' Cute without the e- taking back sunday

'we wont stand for hazey eyes anymore'- you know how i do- taking back sunday

'lets slit our wrists and burn down something beautiful- No It Isnt- Plus 44

'where i lay and told you but you swear you loved me more' There is- Boxcar racer

'you always said i sang too loud, we i sang you a love song'- Choke- Cauterize

cba with anymore=D

beth
25-03-2006, 02:32 PM
uhm, just because i can't decide right now, here's my favourite line atm ;;

everyone loves a fuc3king tragedy in epic proportions.. lets set our hearts at self-destruct - The Bled ; You know who's seatbelt.

Colourful™
25-03-2006, 02:34 PM
"It's something unpredictable, but in the end theres light, I hope you had the time of your life." - Green Day - Good Riddance

MsTanya
25-03-2006, 05:06 PM
"You can tell me why you just dont fit in, and how you're gonna be something" --- Something Corporate - Punk Rock Princess

"It's gonna be too dark, to sleep again" --- Soundgarden - Rusty Cage

"Stencil in your heart into anothers hands" --- From First To Last - My Heart Your Hands

"Well its better if we leave, leave it this way" --- FFAF - Kiss And Makeup

:dallsgreen
25-03-2006, 08:29 PM
"If everyone's a little queer can't she be a little straight?" - pink triangle by weezer

Juicette
25-03-2006, 10:44 PM
Mine's from a Cheesy song. But I love the phrase from is "Your voice is a memory but it burns"

Billabong
26-03-2006, 08:25 AM
Ermm I know that this doesn't exactly count but anyway :

Note to self, I miss you terribly - From First To Last - Note To Self

Herman
26-03-2006, 09:15 AM
"Don't try and tell me what to do, don't try and tell me what to say, I'm better off alone anyway." - Don't tell me, Avril Lavigne. Can't be bothered to list others.

Stitch
26-03-2006, 10:44 AM
this line always makes me laugh in that cuppycake song it ses the apple of my eye. that is my fav :]

Kyle.tk
28-03-2006, 06:37 AM
this line always makes me laugh in that cuppycake song it ses the apple of my eye. that is my fav :]

Another one that i found first (in form of a dance song and before my mates. And then they all found it months later after i stopped listening to it and were all like look at this i found. Tempted to jab em all.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!