PDA

View Full Version : New Ride at Alton Towers

Sazzle
18-03-2006, 02:52 PM
April 1st 2006 sees the opening of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory™ : The Ride. An amazing adventure that’ll take you for the first time into the heart of the splendiferous Factory itself and on a ride inside the wondrous Great Glass Elevator.

Colourful™
18-03-2006, 03:10 PM
Cool, never been to Alton Towers but once a year our whole family goes to Drayton Manor. I love the maelstrom. <3

Billabong
09-04-2006, 08:11 AM
The new ride at alton towers sucks 2 hour wait to go on a ride designed for 3 year olds , very dissapointing

:Soph-pls
21-04-2006, 05:31 PM
I was there on the opening day [1st April], didnt even go up in the same direction of it, Bet the queues would be really long xD

Mario
21-04-2006, 05:37 PM
my mate said that his mum was at the start of the line so he got strait to the front but he said it wasnt worth it.

:Soph-pls
21-04-2006, 05:39 PM
i wouldn't of minded going on it, but i wanted all the big ones first, and by the end there wasnt any time

AdamCookie!
04-06-2006, 04:07 PM
Queue lengths on the 1st April where 5 hours, had a bit of an shouting match in guest services and ended up walking out with 2 priority passes for Charlie :)

http://www.alpha-webhosting.com/Photo-0132.jpg

alexxxxx
04-06-2006, 05:37 PM
lyke omgz! I went on the day it opened! (Not intentionally). The queues were about that length!

Clo
05-06-2006, 01:26 AM
So, can anyone talk me through what happens on the ride pls?

Flap
05-06-2006, 02:47 PM
lyke omgz! I went on the day it opened! (Not intentionally). The queues were about that length!

Lool you were there at the same day as me then xD
i went with school "/
but only 3 people out of the whole school went lool, And they were me and my two best friends lool

Wouldn't of minded going on it, Looked a waste of time though so we didnt bother

AdamCookie!
05-06-2006, 02:58 PM
So, can anyone talk me through what happens on the ride pls?

Wait 3/4 hours depending on the day and then board a boat, go for a short boat ride thats really confusing.. Get out at this random station, queue for about 15 minutes.. Go in this lift, which is also VERY random, animation and goes too fast.. Then the end, WHAT A WASTE OF TIME. :eusa_clap

Flap
05-06-2006, 03:00 PM
Pmsl thats all it does?

Does the lift look like it does on the advert?

Clo
05-06-2006, 06:43 PM
Oh I thought the lift crashed through the roof & everything. Haha.

Flap
06-06-2006, 03:12 PM
Lmaooo probably does on the animation

alexxxxx
06-06-2006, 03:19 PM
Lool you were there at the same day as me then xD
i went with school "/
but only 3 people out of the whole school went lool, And they were me and my two best friends lool

Wouldn't of minded going on it, Looked a waste of time though so we didnt bother

If you can remember, it rained really badly at one point. I was inside waiting for the Nemisis and then it broke down! And people were stuck outside on it! I would have been next on, so thank god I wasn't stuck outside in the wet! xD

JackBuddy
06-06-2006, 03:28 PM
It's much like Toyland Tours, but a change in the track. There's a walk through bit, with an animation and an elevator thingy. Whilst in the boat, there's a great affect from the strobe lights which makes you feel you are going very fast! I'll try find a video!

EDIT: Et voila! http://www.towersnerd.com/videos/catcf/CatCF.wmv

Flap
06-06-2006, 03:30 PM
If you can remember, it rained really badly at one point. I was inside waiting for the Nemisis and then it broke down! And people were stuck outside on it! I would have been next on, so thank god I wasn't stuck outside in the wet! xD

remember when it hailed?
I was in the queue for nemesis then.. and I got soaked.. because I thought it would be clever to put my jacket in one of those lockers..
And when it rained i was on oblivion ;p

And nice find ;D ^^

alexxxxx
06-06-2006, 04:30 PM
remember when it hailed?
I was in the queue for nemesis then.. and I got soaked.. because I thought it would be clever to put my jacket in one of those lockers..
And when it rained i was on oblivion ;p

And nice find ;D ^^

I must have seen you at some point then. lol. Great day. Air woz jke.

Flap
07-06-2006, 08:29 PM
we didnt get time to go on air, The queue got up to 90 mins at one point, And I thought whats the point, its only good on the front & i've been on it before, Same with Rita, but they're the only big rides we didnt have time to go on, & ive been on them before anyways

I hope you didnt see me lmao, I looked a mess, my hair doesnt like getting wet.. and decides to curl up to my ears.. ;p

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!