PDA

View Full Version : Something that really needs to be said about PSP's Vs. DS

Beef Samich
18-03-2006, 06:19 PM
I know half this section got in a big fight over which is better. I'm going to admit I was part of it and was on the PSP side.

Ds has its plus sides and down sides. PSP has its plus signs and down signs. I think all gaming magazines agree with me: It's just whatever you prefer.

IF YOU LIKE

Fun, Interactive games
Chatting with pictures
Playing game boy advance game
Wi-fi with some Nintendo game
Using a stylus or "stick"
Microphone (although not too many games use it)
Long battery life (12 hours approx)
Cheaper then PSP ($150.00)The Nintendo DS is for you

IF YOU LIKE

PS2 like graphics
Internet browsing (almost any site that doesn't have big long movies or requires a flash player)
Listening to MP3
Putting photos
decent battery life
T or M rated games
Ad-Hoc (in range online play)
Wi-fi (play across the world online NOTE: Wi-fi hotspot must be set-up)
Can watch movies (WIDE VARIETY!!)The Sony PSP is for you

DOWNSIDES

Sony PSP

Semi-long load times
approx. 8 hours batterr life
No movies or flash playing webites (although somethings in the making for flash playing)
Not a wide variety or games
Very little E rated games
Might glitch a bit during games and might have to shut down
Most big memory cards cost a lot
The system costs a lot ($250.00- system, basic things and 32 MB memory card.$300.000- same as the other one but includes 1GB memory card-- GOOD DEAL as the 1GB card costs around $100)Nintendo DS

Not too many T or M rated games (some are still in the making)
Does not include earphones
No internet browser icluded
No media thingy included (MP3, Photo, Video)
If you want media it probably cost a lot
If you want to do Pictochat the range is slightly less than the PSP range
Screen looks "cloudy" (Gamepro and Gameinformer)
Screen scratches if you use the stylus too hard on the screen
No movies to be watched at the moment
These are all the ones i coul pick off the top of my head. I'm not going to battle the DS lovers because they just might have a different taste in what they look for in a On-the-go gaming device. I have a PSP and I'm proud of it.

PLEASE POST IF YOU WANT SOMETHING ADDED OR TAKEN AWAY, BUT PLEASE SHOW PROOF!

Best regards,

Billay

xxMATTGxx
18-03-2006, 06:53 PM
Ok nice post but soon;

Internet browsing (almost any site that doesn't have big long movies or requires a flash player)

Flash will be able to work on the PSP Browser very soon with some more cool things :)

Info at: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3148775 - Look at the PS3 Post then on that it tells new things for PSP.

alexxxxx
18-03-2006, 07:56 PM
PSP is soon getting GPS, Flash Player 6, Eyetoy & a Mic!

Neversoft1
18-03-2006, 08:08 PM
Nice post. But, DS is for me.

xxMATTGxx
18-03-2006, 08:31 PM
PSP for me :)

Beef Samich
18-03-2006, 09:28 PM
Ok nice post but soon;

Flash will be able to work on the PSP Browser very soon with some more cool things :)

Info at: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3148775 - Look at the PS3 Post then on that it tells new things for PSP.

included that

and i didnt know about the GPS and mic thing

i dont wanna buy a new PSP for a mic tho :(

xxMATTGxx
18-03-2006, 09:30 PM
I dont think they willl want people to buy a New psp for a mic.

There will be an thing you plug in or theres one on there we dont know about. Or what they did with the PS2 Eyetoy is have a mic in that :)

Stress Free
18-03-2006, 10:25 PM
i have both only played 2 good ds games so far but iv played quite a few for psp still nto shure what i like better

HUGECOOL
18-03-2006, 11:03 PM
Media capabilities for the DS only costs $60, which would still be less than the PSP.

Blue
18-03-2006, 11:06 PM
psp games are way too expensive compared 2 the ds ones and sony havent had alot of experience in handheld games. I admit the graphics arent as good on the ds but 4 all u guys who have massive ps2 game collection u cant play them on the ps2

Stress Free
18-03-2006, 11:10 PM
psp games nto that dear

HUGECOOL
18-03-2006, 11:27 PM
I don't understand something though:

"Chatting with pictures"

Whaaa?

Stress Free
18-03-2006, 11:33 PM
chattinw ith pictures u meen on ds stupid u 2 ft away fromt hem lol

HUGECOOL
18-03-2006, 11:38 PM
chattinw ith pictures u meen on ds stupid u 2 ft away fromt hem lol
Ohhh! The PictoChat. xD

Actually, it's really useful. My friends that have DSs as well use PictoChat to send messages in class, lol. You can also type out your message btw and the range is up to 75+ feet.

Stress Free
18-03-2006, 11:40 PM
o i oly ever tried it in the car on the way home form gamestation lol

HUGECOOL
18-03-2006, 11:44 PM
o i oly ever tried it in the car on the way home form gamestation lol
Lmao.

I doodle on it sometimes. It's great when you're bored. xD

Stress Free
19-03-2006, 12:13 AM
ye draw thousand picture en send em all to ur other ds lol

xxMATTGxx
19-03-2006, 07:20 AM
PSP Games are not that dear....

You should see the Xbox 360 games! there about £50. Hopefully the PS3 Games will be around the £40 mark. Yes the ds games are cheaper because most of them arnt that good and also its Nintendo :P

HUGECOOL
19-03-2006, 10:36 AM
PSP Games are not that dear....

You should see the Xbox 360 games! there about £50. Hopefully the PS3 Games will be around the £40 mark. Yes the ds games are cheaper because most of them arnt that good and also its Nintendo :P
Actually, no. :)

You see, the reason the PSP has a longer loading time is because the games are in UMD format, not flash, which does not require loading. The reason Nintendo's handhelds have been so successful is because they are "On-The-Go", meaning, you won't have to wait 3 minutes for a cutscene to load on a Nintendo handheld.

You don't put moving things inside a handheld (UMDs)! Why do you think portable CD players are becoming extinct. :rolleyes:

Sorry to break your hopes, but PS3 titles will only be more expensive than 360 titles because the PS3 uses a more efficient technology with larger data loads. Sony is the king of milking.

xxMATTGxx
19-03-2006, 12:21 PM
Oh no.

I dont wait that long for games.

Nintendo: Gameplay - Its great Graphics - Its not.

Bear-Max
19-03-2006, 04:53 PM
Yeah PS3 games will cost the same as 360 games, if not more, because of the Blu-Ray.

Plus I haven't really been that bothered - I've been buying 360 for £40 from Supermarkets :)

Beef Samich
19-03-2006, 08:13 PM
why are we arguing

it's jsut a matter of what you prefer

Jordan3
19-03-2006, 09:25 PM
I would get the PSP, but I make-do with a DS, mainly due to costs.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!