PDA

View Full Version : ASP.NET... It's the future...

smurf-you
22-12-2004, 10:42 PM
Many of you may know me and i haven't been on for a while

Anyways that doesn't matter

What does matter is that i'm warning you guys or helping or just giving you another thing to do in your time

Anyways ASP.NET Is the future of website building which if any of you know you will agree it's 50 million times better then HTML

It has been around since 1989 (I think)

Not very well heard due to it's quite tricky to learn depending on what you want to learn and do

I thought i post this for your sake and it will be coming more and more popular

Although you might say no not another script it has been around a fair long time

How to get started

Well i started a 2 months ago a book which my father had for a fair time and learnt it and showed me it

I now learnt a fair bit of it and can make better sites add more features.

If you would like to know more info about it ask me

Final note go to this link to learn basic's good luck (I will be posting more topics like this one)

http://asp.net/Default.aspx?tabindex=0&tabid=1

That is the homepage microsoft program download it.
And learn about it

http://www.aspfree.com/
It's a tutorial

Or buy a book around 10-20 Uk PDS

And you'll be able to create better websites

Thanks for having time to read this good luck with learning it

-JT-
22-12-2004, 10:46 PM
I have to agree but i dont think it will overtake HTML, merely because HTML is

#1 Easyer
#2 Automatically creaded in web editors e.g. Dreamweaver
#3 I like it better:P

Basically i think it will catch on but wont be as popular as HTML, just an opinion.

smurf-you
22-12-2004, 10:49 PM
You can use ASP.NET In dreamweaver And frontpage

It won't take over HTML As html is easier then asp.net

But the difference of the site quailty that's where it matters

ASP.NET Wins that

I was giving people that know html or/and PHP

Something else to do which results in them being very succsesful

Mentor
22-12-2004, 11:00 PM
im not very familer with asp, exspet that its like a microsft version of php. php being open sorse i think wil easly be able to compeat and win agsits asp. php intergartes with html easly and so far even witsh its advnaced functality doesnt seem to be overly hard to learn.

plus asp cost more and isnt ste up on as many hosts

Concentric
22-12-2004, 11:22 PM
I'm trying to learn VB.NET and i have a book about it but i just never get round to reading much of it, it's really lengthy and doesn't really get to the point. The hardest part by far is learning the code, doing the actual layouts of stuff isn't hard.

McForesT
23-12-2004, 01:02 PM
php is the future !

smurf-you
23-12-2004, 01:16 PM
I've learnt PHP And it's nothing compared to ASP.NET

You can moan and grown about this but i was just helping and warning you ...

-JT-
23-12-2004, 03:13 PM
i agree but php is not the future, its just a way of making the presesnt more interesting :)

Mentor
23-12-2004, 03:27 PM
php is stil a growing landgwage, i still think it will be able to hold its own agist asp in the future. it started of as a personal home page . builder, hnece the name, and now its a fully fetured programing langwage, with php 5 starting to imerge.
this forums php, cutenews is php, nerly everything is php alredy and im doubtful it wil suddlny dissape becuse of asp.

athogh i must admit i have heard alot of good thinsg about .net langwages :/

smurf-you
23-12-2004, 04:20 PM
Only time tells on that one, But what i said is that ASP is alot better and you can create better websites using it and it's not that tricky to learn depending on what you want to do. I'm with ASP And i will now use it more then any other language

I was giving advise to people about asp and it is the future in my eyes and millions others

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!