PDA

View Full Version : Would I get my thread closed for posting this?

Pawf
20-03-2006, 10:28 AM
http://www.artistdirect.com/Images/artd/amg/music/bio/670716_soad2005a_200x200.jpghttp://images.radcity.net/5893/1164687.jpg

Would the thread with these in be closed?

I assume no, seeing as people everywhere do it. Hell people even have band pictures in the signatures/avatars. So why then is it not allowed to post pictures of a band that isn't famous? I have had two of my threads closed which are posting graphic work that I have done on photos of my band. I don't see how this is fair. If one of the above band members came onto the forum and posted a picture of their band, would that be banned too?

I could understand if the pictures were clear and showed signs of location. But I think that the moderator who closed my thread had no reason for doing so. The picture was unclear and could have been taken anywhere. I will post the picture again to make my point.

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/2576/promo8yb.png

I think I have made my point. Please could a moderator/admin reply to this and tell me what I don't understand.

Biseinen
20-03-2006, 10:36 AM
I have had two of my threads closed which are posting graphic work that I have done on photos of MY band.

Assuming this, they most probably thought that because you said 'My' band it involves a picture of yourself, (Which to Habbox forum, is against their rules).

I think it's stupid as you can have pictures of famous people, Blink-182, Green day, and so on and people know them, people can stalk them if they wish, but you're not allowed your own picture. I don't understand why because it's not like anyones gonna stalk you off here... (I say that but it could happen) But you know, some idiot would give some personal details out and THAT, is what Habbox is afraid of. SOmeone giving out information which could lead to them and some maniac knowing because he's seen a picture of that person.

I understand why Habbox do it but I don't agree.

Hope that helped.

Pawf
20-03-2006, 10:41 AM
I agree, they need to stop people giving out information. I think you shouldn't be allowed to post clear photos that could ID you, but that photo has been manipulated by me so that no one can be ID'd!

Biseinen
20-03-2006, 10:48 AM
I agree, they need to stop people giving out information. I think you shouldn't be allowed to post clear photos that could ID you, but that photo has been manipulated by me so that no one can be ID'd!

I know but still, their rules are their rules.

Pawf
20-03-2006, 11:21 AM
I know, that is what I am trying to say, they should change the rules as it prevents me from posting graphics work that is totally fine

sierk1
20-03-2006, 11:35 AM
Habbo is very strict against websites who let users post pictures of themself. Privacy of habbos is very important to Habbo. It is also for your own safety that we don't allow users to post pictures of themself. We could allow it to members who are over 18 but that is impossible to check so we just don't allow it at all.

Pawf
20-03-2006, 12:00 PM
So what about promotional material such as that picture above? it is no different to any other band picture (apart from we aren't famous)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!