PDA

View Full Version : Weblayout Help

Tomush
22-03-2006, 05:04 PM
Ok, i am making a personal website and i need a few ideas and pointers to get it right.

This is v1 of my template and there is a box below the content box, but its clear:

http://photobucket.com/albums/y86/hypertom04/?action=view&current=design-layoutcopy.png

So i would only like constructive words not 'thats cra'p' and stuff, just give me a few ideas on what i need to make it better.

Thanks,

Tom

Encryptions!
22-03-2006, 05:24 PM
Hello.

I have wrote a small critique of you layout and ways to improve it:

Header Section:

The header is nice but should really have some kind of border around it with a nice background and minus the navigation which is just some horrible black splodges which could have much better design and could be achieved better done in CSS. I think you should keep the top left of the header the same as that is your logo and the actual title. You just need a basic background like perhaps a gradient and your orn your way.

Content Section:

I think your content section could do with a border and a re-design of the black splodge with some nice graphics effect. Also when doing your actual site be careful with font and font size as it will make your site better with nice fonts.

On The Whole!

I think you should keep some of the layout intact but make it intergrate itself with itself a bit more; read up on some effects and have a re-design as some real headers and some navigation designs.

Good luck in your site,

James!
22-03-2006, 05:28 PM
Smooth font type pls.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!