PDA

View Full Version : British Hostage Norman Kember - Freed

Leet
23-03-2006, 01:31 PM
'It's Great To Be Free'

British aid worker Norman Kember cannot wait to come home after he and two other peace activists were rescued in an overnight raid in Iraq.

The operation to release Mr Kember and two Canadian colleagues from the Christian Peacemaker Teams was "spearheaded" by British forces, thought to be the SAS.

Mr Kember, 74, has said in a statement: "It's absolutely great to be free - I'm very much looking forward to returning to the UK as soon as possible."
The three hostages, who were abducted on November 26, are now safely in the British Embassy compound in Baghdad's Green Zone.

Mr Kember, Harmeet Sooden, 32, and Jim Loney, 41, have all undergone medical checks.

The Briton is said to be in a "reasonable condition" and has spoken to his wife, at home in Pinner, north London.

Pat Kember has said it is "very good news, I am delighted". Police officers are with her at the couple's house.

A spokesman for the Christian Peacemakers, Doug Pritchard, said: "Together we have endured uncertainty, hope, fear, grief and now joy in the four months since they were taken."

He added that he has no news of the men's conditions other than they are "alive and well".

GJay
23-03-2006, 01:47 PM
I found this out at 6 this morning :P

yeyeyey i'm glad he's free!

DaveTaylor
23-03-2006, 04:10 PM
good he's out :D

Rawr
23-03-2006, 04:24 PM
Why do people go to Iraq if the country is in such a state like it is. It's not even there fault, i personally don't feel the US and UK troops should be in Iraq, there not doing anything other than causing more corruption.

FrozenWhisper
23-03-2006, 06:05 PM
Why do people go to Iraq if the country is in such a state like it is. It's not even there fault, i personally don't feel the US and UK troops should be in Iraq, there not doing anything other than causing more corruption.
I got to agree with you. Glad he's ok tho.

DaveTaylor
23-03-2006, 06:06 PM
the uk troops keep makin it worse aint heard anything about us troops in a while

FrozenWhisper
23-03-2006, 06:07 PM
the uk troops keep makin it worse aint heard anything about us troops in a while
Yer, they should just leave the country on it's own -.-

DaveTaylor
23-03-2006, 06:08 PM
tony in enough trouble with these 14 people and million pound stuff

Revis
23-03-2006, 06:20 PM
The British troops have been amazing, unfortuantly you read the twisted version of events in biased newspapers.

-:Undertaker:-
23-03-2006, 06:26 PM
What the hell was he doing there, it was better under Saddam.

cocaine
23-03-2006, 06:30 PM
Iraq should sort themselves out!

-:Undertaker:-
23-03-2006, 06:32 PM
Iraq should sort themselves out!

Iraq is falling apart .

Dupion
24-03-2006, 07:54 AM
Iraq is falling apart .

oh never child sorry but you stopped shift key abusing (yay) and now you're just posting all of this complete crap it reaaaally gets to me

and yay at him being out.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!