PDA

View Full Version : Vodor.co.uk CLOSED

Billabong
24-03-2006, 09:15 AM
Yes sadly one of the best fansites ever has closed due to vodors hacking, it states he does not want a refund from habbo for what he has lost and it says a few nasty things about habbox, good luck to vodor in the future

The Professor
24-03-2006, 09:16 AM
Ye good luck to him, but he could have coped a bit better with the hacking. Most people grab a few donates from mates and start bulding it up again.

HellyBelly
24-03-2006, 09:25 AM
I wouldnt say one of the best fansites dude... It was pretty, poor.

But yeah, goodluck to him.

Ecko
24-03-2006, 09:27 AM
Ye good luck to him, but he could have coped a bit better with the hacking. Most people grab a few donates from mates and start bulding it up again.

He doesnt even like playing habbo so he said.

Also i said his site closed in the other thread.

Billabong
24-03-2006, 09:33 AM
In my opinion he should of got habbo to refund him, and then possibly done some kind of a giveaway, Im sure he would of preffered that, maybe it would of got him seen as a friendly nice guy :)

Also after the new layout and content of vodor.co.uk it was very very good :)

Ecko
24-03-2006, 09:34 AM
In my opinion he should of got habbo to refund him, and then possibly done some kind of a giveaway, Im sure he would of preffered that, maybe it would of got him seen as a friendly nice guy :)

Wanna know why? cus they dont refund him.

Billabong
24-03-2006, 09:37 AM
Well on vodor.co.uk he says that hes not even going to bother asking habbo for a refund, and also Iv heard of instances where people who are rich got refunded as it looks bad for habbo when somebody loses all their stuff

EDIT: I meant give him a reasonable amount of furni back

tm
24-03-2006, 11:17 AM
Fansites come and go pretty often. Can't say I was much of a fan of the site itself, but the stacking guides were pretty good. Chances are that he'll be back on another account and other fansite will replace the void.

Ecko
24-03-2006, 11:18 AM
if its your own fault, habbo will not help you if a moderator gets hacked and you
lose your furni, then they will help as it was there fault, but they will not help you if you lose your furni, they have loads of habbos contacting them everyday i don't see why he should or would get his furni back and others don't that just doesn't seem right to me, so ye. =]

Nemo
24-03-2006, 11:25 AM
i think its both habbo's and his faults (mostly vodors tho) He shuldnt of let his password get out and habbo could make it safer but im not sure how maybe hire more mods.. or maybe have to type in ur b-day aswell as ur password

Ecko
24-03-2006, 11:26 AM
i think its both habbo's and his faults (mostly vodors tho) He shuldnt of let his password get out and habbo could make it safer but im not sure how maybe hire more mods.. or maybe have to type in ur b-day aswell as ur password

Right... by hiring more Moderators would help? Lol?

Nemo
24-03-2006, 11:27 AM
ok forget the mod bit wot bout typing ur b-day in :D aswell as ur password

tm
24-03-2006, 12:04 PM
ok forget the mod bit wot bout typing ur b-day in :D aswell as ur password
Most people will give out their age when asked on habbo, from which you can eliminate all but 365 dates. Also follow up questions along the lines of "yeah, im 16 too, I was born in May am I older than you?" can narrow down the possibilities further. Using DOB is not a good way to increase security.

Fact is that humans are often the weak link in a security system and only education on having good passwords for example can reduce this flaw.

mizz-tier
24-03-2006, 12:17 PM
Most people will give out their age when asked on habbo, from which you can eliminate all but 365 dates. Also follow up questions along the lines of "yeah, im 16 too, I was born in May am I older than you?" can narrow down the possibilities further. Using DOB is not a good way to increase security.

Fact is that humans are often the weak link in a security system and only education on having good passwords for example can reduce this flaw.

Totally agree with ur post ;) also remember to change your pass regularly

Biseinen
24-03-2006, 12:59 PM
My left arm he's leaving because he 'wants' to. He's peeved 'cause he's lost all his stuff... Just like anyone else would be be.

Oh and his fan site was no where near as good as others.

Ry
24-03-2006, 01:58 PM

Yes, i agree with you. :P

Kong
24-03-2006, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by xElip

I'd have to agree, i thought the design was not as good as other fansites and thought it could do alot better, even with the upgrade it looked as if it was built by 10 year olds (sorry if i offended anyone)..

HellyBelly
24-03-2006, 03:33 PM
if its your own fault, habbo will not help you if a moderator gets hacked and you
lose your furni, then they will help as it was there fault, but they will not help you if you lose your furni, they have loads of habbos contacting them everyday i don't see why he should or would get his furni back and others don't that just doesn't seem right to me, so ye. =]
Exactly. People got refunded when they were hacked via HK, as that was Habbo's fault. You wont get refunded if its not.

Yeah, Balmung, thats true. He could of easily got furni back aswell, just lazy I suppose.

blaster.
24-03-2006, 03:36 PM
His fansite had some good stacking goods and stuff
but its layout was ewww
Freewebs layout would of been better

-:Undertaker:-
24-03-2006, 05:31 PM
I never liked vodor.co.uk, I always thought it was based around what him and his mates thought, ive always been a Habbox guy.

Polly-alyssa
24-03-2006, 06:15 PM
U cud say vodor woz a bit obssessed tho but lotsa ppl seemed to like him

Viking
24-03-2006, 06:32 PM
U cud say vodor woz a bit obssessed tho but lotsa ppl seemed to like himObsessed? About what? I don't see im being that way.

INFO
24-03-2006, 07:05 PM
That Is His Clone I Just Found Out !

Viking
24-03-2006, 07:10 PM
That Is His Clone I Just Found Out !
lol at you

INFO
24-03-2006, 07:13 PM
lol at you

Lol At Me Why ?

Typpi
24-03-2006, 08:04 PM
Yes sadly one of the best fansites ever has closed due to vodors hacking, it states he does not want a refund from habbo for what he has lost and it says a few nasty things about habbox, good luck to vodor in the future
What a bad taste u have. I cheked it out and it was like one of them blog things

LewstherinII
24-03-2006, 08:25 PM
He sounded like a nice guy. Myself; I've given the odd newbie furniture from time to time - but mostly I just got sick of them asking. He sounds like a nice sort of guy that gives people furniture a lot, thought I MUST say he says "I am not asking Habbo to refund his furniture" like if he asked, they would give it back to him. Habbo aren't supposed to favour anyone, and if he lost his account, they're not allowed to give it back. There's Staff Petism for you - though I am unsure with Vodor where his position stands in this. I feel bad for him; losing all his stuff, and I would have donated some if he hadn't left...
Someone said that he should grab a few donates off mates and rebuild? Yeah - that is the usual action (unless they leave), but Vodor had too much to lose, if you know what I'm saying?
If I was as well-known I would have kept a number of reserve accounts with furniture on them in case something like this happens. I know the feeling of being hacked and it is a terrible feeling - but I don't know...after a week, when I looked at what I had in your backup accounts, and a few mates donated, I looked forward to the prospect of rebuilding. The experience even led me to participate in more competitions - which some of them I won.
However; he seemed nice and as far as I'm concerned I salute him for his calm announcement.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!