PDA

View Full Version : Bands you dont know why you like/dont fit the rest of your taste

RedStratocas
26-03-2006, 07:11 PM
Im pretty sure that most of you have a few bands that you like, but you dont like any other band of the same genre, or the band is just completely different to normal bands you like. Here are mine:

-Chevelle: The only band I like that really screams a lot.
-Modest Mouse: I like indie, but this band is so over the top at sometimes. Crazy songs like "Black Cadillacs" and "Dance Hall" get me.
-AFI (A Fire Inside): This is probably the one and only band of today's emo scene that I actually like. I just find their songs much more real for some reason
-Rival Schools: This band is one of the only bands I like to have a very up-beat base of their music. I think their 90's style is what keeps me attatched.
-Coldplay: Usually people are suprised when I say I like coldplay, seeing as how I like stuff like Rage Against The Machine, Audioslave, Queens Of The Stone Age and other heavy bands. Usually I dont like "Light" rock, but I love their style

How about you guys?

Revis
26-03-2006, 07:23 PM
Drop Dead, Gorgeous - I'm not a huge fan of screamo but I love these guys.

Crono
26-03-2006, 07:33 PM
The Autumn Offering - They're a little more metal than what I usually listen to, but I love them.

Bright Eyes - I don't listen to many soft sounding bands, but these guys are amazing. They're also great live.

Comeback Kid

The Casualties

The Unseen

Cradle Of Filth - I don't usually listen to death metal, but I love them.

HORSE The Band - They're really wierd. I like how they use techno beats / old school video game music, and at the same time they're all hardcore & stuff.

Jack Off Jill

Leftover Crack

Tsunami Bomb

etc.

shenk.
26-03-2006, 08:41 PM
I mostly listen to Metal, Black Metal, Death Metal, Techno Metal ( Aka Rammstein xP ) and a bit of Rock

Nightwish - Operatic-Metal - I dono why i like em so much but i just.. do
Blind Guardian - Melodic Metal - Worst lyrics ever but i love the sound.
The Jesus And Mary Chain - Ol' Skool - Addictive.
White Snake - Saw em live and never looked back.
Weird Al Yankovic - Listen to loads of Weird Al i mean LOADS! i love it. lol

Jim Rotates
26-03-2006, 09:35 PM
Sugababes. I love them. But I don't like any of their rival bands like Girls Aloud etc. I guess I like them because their songs are so catchy and their ballads are amazing. And I'm impressed they sing live and write their own songs unlike every other band like them...

Kyle.tk
28-03-2006, 06:35 AM
I mostly listen to Metal, Black Metal, Death Metal, Techno Metal ( Aka Rammstein xP ) and a bit of Rock

Nightwish - Operatic-Metal - I dono why i like em so much but i just.. do
Blind Guardian - Melodic Metal - Worst lyrics ever but i love the sound.
The Jesus And Mary Chain - Ol' Skool - Addictive.
White Snake - Saw em live and never looked back.
Weird Al Yankovic - Listen to loads of Weird Al i mean LOADS! i love it. lol

weird al is funny the first time you hear him. Then all your mates get the songs and think they found them first and get all the credit for it :P So i dont like weird al.

ILoveBenji
28-03-2006, 06:37 AM
Sugababes. I love them. But I don't like any of their rival bands like Girls Aloud etc. I guess I like them because their songs are so catchy and their ballads are amazing. And I'm impressed they sing live and write their own songs unlike every other band like them...
I have to agree with you.

FlyingJesus
28-03-2006, 04:56 PM
I mostly listen to punk (not emo "rock-punk"/"pop-punk" crap, real punk), but recently I've discovered I really really like Rod Stewart :D

beth
01-04-2006, 03:23 PM
SUGABABES. I really like the sugababes, but i don't like pop.
The Game
Closed Heart Surgery
Jack Off Jill - they're probably more of the 'goffz0r' scene than the scene i stick to.
Straylight run - I'm not a fan of hugely slow music, but i love straylight.
Coldplay/SnowPatrol/Gorillaz - I'm not a huge indie fan, but i love these

Jordan3
01-04-2006, 06:20 PM
I mainly listen to punk/emo music.

The Game - Not a band, but I really like his music.
Eminem - Same as above.
Kano - Same as above.
Kanye West - Same as above.
Coldplay - Light rock isn't normally so much my thing, but I love Coldplay.
The Kooks - I don't normally go for there type of indie, but oh well =]
Will Smith - He's just so cool =D
Jack Johnson - Very laid back and easy to listen to, I like him.

dunce
02-04-2006, 08:18 PM
Kanye West - I don't normally listen to rap but this guy is like the god of rap.

kasi
02-04-2006, 10:14 PM
the birthday massacre
jack off jill
seether
metric
metallica
morningwood
korn
insane clown posse (hahaha)
HIM
foo fighters
dresden dolls
DHT
daphne loves derby
cute is what we aim for
plain white t's
city and colour
bright eyes
copeland
jacks mannequin
yellowcard
tegan and sara
sugarcult

and wayy more.

xJoeYx
02-04-2006, 10:31 PM
what i listen to but really doesnt fit with the rest?

At The Gates
Fall of Troy
Cher

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!