PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Smash Bros. Character(s)?

Moose
28-03-2006, 06:07 AM
I'm talking about characters from the Smash Bros. series which are still top favorite games. Yeah what is it? My top two are Zelda/Sheik and Marth, those two are awesome, they are fast powerful and have awesome outfits. If only the game was online... then I can.

Neversoft
28-03-2006, 07:29 AM
Roy is good, but I like Luigi and Link.

Charles
28-03-2006, 03:20 PM
Samus. I also like Pikachu (His thunder attack) and Zelda/Sheik.
I can't wait for the new one, for the Rev. it has to be better.

harl2015
28-03-2006, 05:21 PM
kirby =]. i love kirby =] <33

Moose
28-03-2006, 06:04 PM
Samus. I also like Pikachu (His thunder attack) and Zelda/Sheik.
I can't wait for the new one, for the Rev. it has to be better.

Pikachu and Pichu are annoying to fight, they abuse thunder too much.

Charles
28-03-2006, 06:18 PM
Pikachu and Pichu are annoying to fight, they abuse thunder too much.
Pikachu's C -> attack is good too.

Scriptermone
28-03-2006, 06:19 PM
Gandorf [sp?]

rofl hes amazing.

BL!NKEY
28-03-2006, 06:29 PM
yoshi

I like to go up and stomp down on the other people

:o i want to go play that game now.

Neversoft
28-03-2006, 07:01 PM
Mr Game and Watch init.

Moose
28-03-2006, 07:17 PM
Mr Game and Watch init.

His number attack hurts him if he gets 1.

Neversoft
28-03-2006, 10:18 PM
His number attack hurts him if he gets 1.

And that frying pan attack, where he throws like bacon, whats that all about? :s

Moose
28-03-2006, 11:31 PM
And that frying pan attack, where he throws like bacon, whats that all about? :s

Sausages* It's quite good if you can catch the person on fire, kirby looks awesome when he sucks Mr. Game and Watch.

Neversoft
29-03-2006, 12:19 AM
Sausages* It's quite good if you can catch the person on fire, kirby looks awesome when he sucks Mr. Game and Watch.

When Kirby sucks up Donkey Kong, now that made me laugh!

-Wolverine
29-03-2006, 12:19 AM
Kirby, Pikachu and Donkey Kong. Always the best.

Neversoft
29-03-2006, 12:23 AM
Kirby, Pikachu and Donkey Kong. Always the best.

Donkey Kong's attack where he like, winds up his arm. Then punches, thats awesome. ;]

-Wolverine
29-03-2006, 12:31 AM
Donkey Kong's attack where he like, winds up his arm. Then punches, thats awesome. ;]
Lmao yeah, but I love when Kirby sucks up big characters, especially Bowser! :D

Ellis.
29-03-2006, 12:43 AM
x] Falco definitely. His jumping abilities and his B-> and B^ are useful in my view :) When you play Free For all, do you set the damage counter to 200% or leave it at 100%?

Crono
29-03-2006, 12:53 AM
Kirby is definitely my fave.

So cute.

ssricky
29-03-2006, 12:56 AM
princess peach owns if u know how to use her and captin falcon too

Ellis.
29-03-2006, 12:58 AM
lol. Captain Falcon's B move is dangerous x.x I'd have to say my least favourite character would be jigglypuff. She's kinda a much weaker form of kirby.

ssricky
29-03-2006, 12:59 AM
lol. Captain Falcon's B move is dangerous x.x I'd have to say my least favourite character would be jigglypuff. She's kinda a much weaker form of kirby.
wow wat are u on jigglypuff is good if u can get a full charged roll out attk to hit its like a captin falcon flame fist. mewtwo is owange too once u get caught in a chain of phsycic attacks your done

-Wolverine
29-03-2006, 01:03 AM
Yea Jigglypuffs sing attack is useful. :P

ssricky
29-03-2006, 01:04 AM
Yea Jigglypuffs sing attack is useful. :P
ye sing then full charge rollout is awesome

Ellis.
29-03-2006, 01:09 AM
Full charge rollout..? Uhh... which button do you use? x] I find her basic attacks kinda weak x.x Yea, her sing is useful but what physical attacks can you use besides weapons when they're asleep? xP If you use sing right next to them, doesn't it send them flying or something?

-Wolverine
29-03-2006, 01:09 AM
But the thing I don't understand is why they put Jigglypuff into the game instead of a more popluar pokemon like Charizard or something? :s

Ellis.
29-03-2006, 01:10 AM
lol probably because of it's cuteness. Or they imagined her to have some possible attacks she could use in the game.

ssricky
29-03-2006, 01:11 AM
jigglypuffs special when u hold down b or its b and a directional dnt remember havent played in awhile but she starts to roll and glow and smoke and when she glows bright let go and she will fly and physicall attks are her rapid punch like kirby has

Neversoft
29-03-2006, 06:28 AM
Does anyone use the C moves? Or the ones where to charge up to make it more powerful, I've forgot what their called. :( Smash moves I think.

Moose
29-03-2006, 06:43 AM
Yes, so is Mewtwo's and Samus. There B attacks are helpfull you can press the directional arrow to later charge up the move, and that counts as a allude move.

x] Falco definitely. His jumping abilities and his B-> and B^ are useful in my view When you play Free For all, do you set the damage counter to 200% or leave it at 100%?
His attacks are weaker than Fox (B), I think only difference is that he has a tad strong A attacks. His soloB attacks (gun) is slower but stronger than fox.

Indeed, everytime I play as him I do his b >, I always ringout because of me! And he has a very heavy weight.

wow wat are u on jigglypuff is good if u can get a full charged roll out attk to hit its like a captin falcon flame fist. mewtwo is owange too once u get caught in a chain of phsycic attacks your done
Jigglypuffs rollout attack only does 10-12% when fully charge but can easily ringout an opponent if their % is high.

Does anyone use the C moves? Or the ones where to charge up to make it more powerful, I've forgot what their called. :( Smash moves I think.
Smash attacks with the C stick can only be done in Versus mode.

Now, Zelda/Sheik are overall one of the best.

Basically they are two characters in one, with Sheik's Smash abilities and Zelda's Magic attacks they truly own.

HUGECOOL
29-03-2006, 12:00 PM
I love Kirby, but people get annoyed when I use him. :D

I eat my opponent (or hold them inside me?), and then I let myself fall! Then the opponent dies and I fly back to the stage. xD

Kirby. <3

Neversoft
29-03-2006, 02:04 PM
Smash attacks with the C stick can only be done in Versus mode.

Now, Zelda/Sheik are overall one of the best.

Basically they are two characters in one, with Sheik's Smash abilities and Zelda's Magic attacks they truly own.

Or they can be done by Holding A and Up, down, left or right at the same time for a short period. I do like Zelda/Sheik, but I do think they are pretty useless, But they can jump high. :)

Charles
29-03-2006, 03:09 PM
With all normal characters B + Down are good.
But then theres Jigglypuff. It falls asleep >.>

Mr Vodor
29-03-2006, 06:09 PM
Yoshi! :eusa_danc :eusa_danc :eusa_danc

Moose
29-03-2006, 06:37 PM
Or they can be done by Holding A and Up, down, left or right at the same time for a short period. I do like Zelda/Sheik, but I do think they are pretty useless, But they can jump high. :)

I know, I was only talking about the C smash attacks.

With all normal characters B + Down are good.
But then theres Jigglypuff. It falls asleep >.>

Jigglypuff's sleep attack is really powerfull, you have to have the right timing when you land.

Charles
29-03-2006, 06:45 PM
It is?
What do you mean, what does it do?

Moose
31-03-2006, 06:12 PM
It is?
What do you mean, what does it do?

Gahh, I had proof of what to show you... Too bad youtube.com is blocked. Unless you want to search youtube for "Jigglypuff" and find "JigglyPuff is god" and watch the video and it will show you the power of sleep.

Charles
31-03-2006, 06:45 PM
Gahh, I had proof of what to show you... Too bad youtube.com is blocked. Unless you want to search youtube for "Jigglypuff" and find "JigglyPuff is god" and watch the video and it will show you the power of sleep.
I see what you mean, i'll try that out sometime. My little brother, he wont know what hit him :D

Moose
01-04-2006, 07:18 PM
Jigglypuff is god! (http://youtube.com/watch?v=6jcQt5AG2QU) <---

Azza
01-04-2006, 09:13 PM
young link + mewtwo
the best ever, i think

BLuweesH
02-04-2006, 01:52 AM
Captain Falcon, Mario, and Mr. Game & Watch.

Jigglypuff sometimes if someone uses a large character.

By the way, anyone know do you work Roy and Marth's combo with their "smash + b" moves?

With Roy, I can only manage the first three, but when CP Roy does it to me, he does like 5-6 in a row. o.O

Moose
02-04-2006, 03:11 AM
Captain Falcon, Mario, and Mr. Game & Watch.

Jigglypuff sometimes if someone uses a large character.

By the way, anyone know do you work Roy and Marth's combo with their "smash + b" moves?

With Roy, I can only manage the first three, but when CP Roy does it to me, he does like 5-6 in a row. o.O

(F = foward) (D = down) (? = which direction you like)
Just do the normal b + F b + ? b + ? b + D not too fas or slow.

Jordan3
02-04-2006, 05:03 PM
I have a few, I like Donkey Kong mainly for his B + Down attack, and I also like Captain Falcon. I think the best character is probably Roy though.

My favourite item is the Pokeball, unless you get Wobuffet or Goldeen.

Moose
02-04-2006, 09:48 PM
I have a few, I like Donkey Kong mainly for his B + Down attack, and I also like Captain Falcon. I think the best character is probably Roy though.

My favourite item is the Pokeball, unless you get Wobuffet or Goldeen.

I like the fan, does a lot of damage.

BLuweesH
07-04-2006, 12:02 AM
(F = foward) (D = down) (? = which direction you like)
Just do the normal b + F b + ? b + ? b + D not too fas or slow.

Thanks Moose. I got like 3 different outcomes with Marth, but with Roy I got the same one. I tried it as forward + b, forward + b, down + b, then up + b, but that's all I can do so far...

Demynx
07-04-2006, 12:32 AM
MewTwo and also Mr.Game and Watch.

JoeyK.
07-04-2006, 01:43 AM
Mine's Marth... :P

BLuweesH
09-04-2006, 01:33 AM
I still wish they replaced a LITTLE BIT of the moves, or the characters of the ones that are 'clones'. Like Luigi and Mario how they have a bit of different moves and how the same moves are only 'similar' as they act different. Characters like Young Link are more for 'experts' if you're a Link expert and want a challenge, there's only slight difference for Dr. Mario and Ganondorf when it comes to the speed compared to their other characters, I was disappointed in that, lol. They're so much like Captain Falcon and Mario. -.- :P

Moose
09-04-2006, 02:45 AM
I still wish they replaced a LITTLE BIT of the moves, or the characters of the ones that are 'clones'. Like Luigi and Mario how they have a bit of different moves and how the same moves are only 'similar' as they act different. Characters like Young Link are more for 'experts' if you're a Link expert and want a challenge, there's only slight difference for Dr. Mario and Ganondorf when it comes to the speed compared to their other characters, I was disappointed in that, lol. They're so much like Captain Falcon and Mario. -.- :P

Young Link and Link are way different! Speed, Attack, Range, Stealth are their differences.

Dr. Mario is slower but stronger so is Mario but the opposite.

Luigi doesn't has the cape attack, he has his charge attack. Also his uppercut is different aswell, if you do it completely the opponent should catch on fire.

Upe
09-04-2006, 04:46 AM
Samus! :D

BLuweesH
09-04-2006, 11:33 AM
Young Link and Link are way different! Speed, Attack, Range, Stealth are their differences.

Dr. Mario is slower but stronger so is Mario but the opposite.

Luigi doesn't has the cape attack, he has his charge attack. Also his uppercut is different aswell, if you do it completely the opponent should catch on fire.

Yeh, it's good that there are like 4-5 different moves/damage/style compared to Mario, I can agree with you with the Mario and Dr. Mario comparison. But Young Link? I just see him as more of a character for expert Link players, cause of his weaker strength, though I do prefer his "Up + B" move more. :P

Neversoft
09-04-2006, 01:35 PM
Jigglypuff is god! (http://youtube.com/watch?v=6jcQt5AG2QU) <---

Oh my! I'll have to try that out.

Moose
09-04-2006, 07:58 PM
Yeah! Just beat All Star mode VH without continues as Sheik/Zelda (mainly sheik).

Neversoft
09-04-2006, 08:51 PM
I've only done All Star mode on Bowser. :$

BLuweesH
10-04-2006, 11:21 AM
Oh my! I'll have to try that out.

Ahh. For a sec, I thought that clip was just only showing the power of Jigglypuff's Rest attack on Giga Bowser for some reason.. :s It would have been cool to see that guy conquer Adventure on Very Hard mode quickly like he did on Very Easy, heh, I didn't know about that stage after Samus where it says "warning" and where the dude just got to a certain level, and did a shield self-destruct and flew all the way to the top! Cool. :P

But yeh, I see Jigglypuff as a player more recommended for pros and experts.

Neversoft
10-04-2006, 11:43 AM
Ahh. For a sec, I thought that clip was just only showing the power of Jigglypuff's Rest attack on Giga Bowser for some reason.. :s It would have been cool to see that guy conquer Adventure on Very Hard mode quickly like he did on Very Easy, heh, I didn't know about that stage after Samus where it says "warning" and where the dude just got to a certain level, and did a shield self-destruct and flew all the way to the top! Cool. :P

But yeh, I see Jigglypuff as a player more recommended for pros and experts.

I've done All Star mode with:
Mario
Luigi
Dr. Mario
Mewtwo
Bowser
Jigglypuff

Now. :D

I tryed JigglyPuff's rest attack on some people and it worked but I havn't really got to do it very well, I fail to hit them most of the time and then fall asleep while others attack me. :( Do you fight Giga bowser in one of the event matches? If so, what one?

BLuweesH
10-04-2006, 11:46 AM
I've done All Star mode with:
Mario
Luigi
Dr. Mario
Mewtwo
Bowser
Jigglypuff

Now. :D

I tryed JigglyPuff's rest attack on some people and it worked but I havn't really got to do it very well, I fail to hit them most of the time and then fall asleep while others attack me. :( Do you fight Giga bowser in one of the event matches? If so, what one?

Wow you're impressive to have finished All-Star Mode in Very Hard with Luigi and Bowser. :)
I've only just did it with Zelda, Captain Falcon, Mario and Falco, without continues.

Umm yeh you can find Giga Bowser on Very Hard Adventure Mode WITHOUT continuing after the normal Bowser, or you can play Event #51, where you fight Ganondorf, Mewtwo and Giga Bowser at the same time as they're a team...I'm proud to admit I won the cheap way :P Which took patience and a short while, well, Giga Bowser was easy, but with Ganondorf 's and Mewtwo's higher handicap, it wasn't easy...for me.

Neversoft
10-04-2006, 11:51 AM
Wow you're impressive to have finished All-Star Mode in Very Hard with Luigi and Bowser. :)
I've only just did it with Zelda, Captain Falcon, Mario and Falco, without continues.

Umm yeh you can find Giga Bowser on Very Hard Adventure Mode WITHOUT continuing after the normal Bowser, or you can play Event #51, where you fight Ganondorf, Mewtwo and Giga Bowser at the same time as they're a team...I'm proud to admit I won the cheap way :P Which took patience and a short while, well, Giga Bowser was easy, but with Ganondorf 's and Mewtwo's higher handicap, it wasn't easy...for me.

I failed alot of the time while doing All Star mode with Bowser but done it in the end but doing it with Mewtwo is pretty easy charging up his B attack is useful and grabbing them and throwing the opponent the opposite way helps kill them. :P I don't think I've gotton up to Event #51 yet, I'm still stuck on that Kirby one. :'( I take it you can't unlock Giga Bowser or anything then?

BLuweesH
10-04-2006, 11:54 AM
I failed alot of the time while doing All Star mode with Bowser but done it in the end but doing it with Mewtwo is pretty easy charging up his B attack is useful and grabbing them and throwing the opponent the opposite way helps kill them. :P I don't think I've gotton up to Event #51 yet, I'm still stuck on that Kirby one. :'( I take it you can't unlock Giga Bowser or anything then?

You have to do I think 41 to 50, well the last ones to unlock 51. 50 is annoying, but I found it a nice challenge and lets you react quick. :P

Um which Kirby one you stuck on?

Neversoft
10-04-2006, 11:57 AM
You have to do I think 41 to 50, well the last ones to unlock 51. 50 is annoying, but I found it a nice challenge and lets you react quick. :P

Um which Kirby one you stuck on?

Then one where they're all a different character. I Have only tried using Roy, Bowser and DK to beat them, But still couldn't win.

BLuweesH
10-04-2006, 12:00 PM
Then one where they're all a different character. I Have only tried using Roy, Bowser and DK to beat them, But still couldn't win.

I'm a bit confused, is this where they all come from the sky to battle you? If this is an event, where 3 of them battle you, they should be weaker, so just use Mario or Dr. Mario and just use their Super Jump move (Up + B) and they should fly away, if their handicap is high, well if it were me, I'd work my way around it with Jigglypuff's rest, or Captain Falcon's smash moves and Falcon punch.

So are the Kirbys weaker than usual? :o

Neversoft
10-04-2006, 12:06 PM
No, no. The Kirbys are no weaker than usual and you fight 4 of them at a time and have to fight like 24 all together or is it 26, its however many characters there is anyway. It is an Event.

BLuweesH
10-04-2006, 12:12 PM
No, no. The Kirbys are no weaker than usual and you fight 4 of them at a time and have to fight like 24 all together or is it 26, its however many characters there is anyway. It is an Event.

If they have a weaker handicap, use Mario with his Up + B move, Donkey Kong's Down + B move is nice against weak opponents too!

What number event is it anyway?

Neversoft
10-04-2006, 12:20 PM
I used Donkey Kongs Down and B move but It doesn't work very well against them. I just used Mario and did what you said, I did abit better but still no where near winning. :P Its Event #28 Puffballs Unite!

BLuweesH
10-04-2006, 12:23 PM
I used Donkey Kongs Down and B move but It doesn't work very well against them. I just used Mario and did what you said, I did abit better but still no where near winning. :P Its Event #28 Puffballs Unite!

Are you serious? Well, I can understand the DK one, but if they've weaker handicaps..Wait, did the Kirbys die easily when you did the Up + B? Hrm, event #28. lol, have you done #29? It's easy, but annoying when Zelda dies...>.>

Neversoft
10-04-2006, 12:24 PM
Are you serious? Well, I can understand the DK one, but if they've weaker handicaps..Wait, did the Kirbys die easily when you did the Up + B? Hrm, event #28. lol, have you done #29? It's easy, but annoying when Zelda dies...>.>

Yeah I've done 29. But when I used Mario on 28 I think only one died and that was when throwing them. :P

BLuweesH
10-04-2006, 12:27 PM
Yeah I've done 29. But when I used Mario on 28 I think only one died and that was when throwing them. :P

o_O" You've gotta be kidding me? :P Wait, have you tried the Up + B move on them yet?

When there's weak opponents, I use Mario to get it over and done with. When it comes to the stronger opponents, Jigglypuff & Captain Falcon are usually my best bets...

I'm amazed you got All-Star mode before finishing all the events! lol.

Neversoft
10-04-2006, 12:32 PM
o_O" You've gotta be kidding me? :P Wait, have you tried the Up + B move on them yet?

When there's weak opponents, I use Mario to get it over and done with. When it comes to the stronger opponents, Jigglypuff & Captain Falcon are usually my best bets...

I'm amazed you got All-Star mode before finishing all the events! lol.

I never really bothered with the events up till now :P I just done really well with Luigi, so I think I'll do it with him. ;)

BLuweesH
10-04-2006, 12:36 PM
I never really bothered with the events up till now :P I just done really well with Luigi, so I think I'll do it with him. ;)

You do that then. ;) At least now Luigi can't be really considered a clone. ;)

'Cause yeh in the old game, Luigi's tornado was only 2 hits, but stronger, where Mario's was like 10-15 hit all worth 1% damage? And you've Luigi's deadly uppercut, otherwise just a pretty weak one.. :P

But yeh it's nice to see the missile and that he doesn't have a cape, I still wish his Super Jump wasn't just 'UP!' omg..-.- I find it annoying >=D Which is why I use Luigi less, I hate using his pin missile, and yeh with my 'blowing up' luck in the game, when I use Luigi, half the time he blows up and flies off to the other side. >.>

Neversoft
10-04-2006, 12:45 PM
You do that then. ;) At least now Luigi can't be really considered a clone. ;)

'Cause yeh in the old game, Luigi's tornado was only 2 hits, but stronger, where Mario's was like 10-15 hit all worth 1% damage? And you've Luigi's deadly uppercut, otherwise just a pretty weak one.. :P

But yeh it's nice to see the missile and that he doesn't have a cape, I still wish his Super Jump wasn't just 'UP!' omg..-.- I find it annoying >=D Which is why I use Luigi less, I hate using his pin missile, and yeh with my 'blowing up' luck in the game, when I use Luigi, half the time he blows up and flies off to the other side. >.>

Lmao, It just gave me a Baseball bat then I wacked open a box and got blown up and died.

Moose
10-04-2006, 05:12 PM
Ok heres a cheap way of winning event #51.

Ok With Ness, do PK fire in the beginning it will mess up all 3 enemies. After that run to the edge of the arena jump of and do PK thunder and aim the thunder at you, you should be sent flying and at the angle of where you hit yourself should fly that way. Continue until giga is gone.

With Jigglypuff do his sleep attack ONLY ON GIGA, six times should kill him off for good. After he is gone normally fight ganon and mewtwo.

BLuweesH
11-04-2006, 04:23 AM

I just gave it a test drive with Dr. Mario, I kept using Up + B and finished Event #28 in 19 seconds.

Ok heres a cheap way of winning event #51.

Ok With Ness, do PK fire in the beginning it will mess up all 3 enemies. After that run to the edge of the arena jump of and do PK thunder and aim the thunder at you, you should be sent flying and at the angle of where you hit yourself should fly that way. Continue until giga is gone.

With Jigglypuff do his sleep attack ONLY ON GIGA, six times should kill him off for good. After he is gone normally fight ganon and mewtwo.

Wow your way with Ness is pretty cool, I never thought of that. :P

Yeh, I used Jigglypuff to beat Giga Bowser, but yeh but I won a cheap way, which took about 5 minutes by flying to the other end each time, waiting for any type of item I could use...Eventually I won, or if I died, I'd lure them close to me as you're immortal for like 3 seconds? Then use rest. :P

I would battle them, but since they have 3 lives, after attempting, I decided to win the cheap way. :P

Moose
11-04-2006, 04:31 AM
I just gave it a test drive with Dr. Mario, I kept using Up + B and finished Event #28 in 19 seconds.

Wow your way with Ness is pretty cool, I never thought of that. :P

Yeh, I used Jigglypuff to beat Giga Bowser, but yeh but I won a cheap way, which took about 5 minutes by flying to the other end each time, waiting for any type of item I could use...Eventually I won, or if I died, I'd lure them close to me as you're immortal for like 3 seconds? Then use rest. :P

I would battle them, but since they have 3 lives, after attempting, I decided to win the cheap way. :P

I'm also a pro-player with Ness :p.

BLuweesH
11-04-2006, 04:33 AM
I'm also a pro-player with Ness :p.

I'm only pro on Ness on the old one. :P I'm just "okay" with him on this one.

Moose
11-04-2006, 04:37 AM
I hate it how they put in Pichu (off topic). Heck Jynx would've been a "fantabulous" character.

Neversoft
11-04-2006, 03:42 PM

I finished it with DK in the end quite quick :P I'm up to event 48 now. ;)

BLuweesH
18-04-2006, 12:46 PM
I finished it with DK in the end quite quick :P I'm up to event 48 now. ;)

Well done. ;)

I never knew, but just realised that I'm as good with Peach & Mr. Game And Watch as I am with Captain Falcon, Mario and, Falco. ;o Cool! ^_^

cocaine
18-04-2006, 12:58 PM
I like Pikachu :P

Neversoft
18-04-2006, 05:50 PM
Well done. ;)

I never knew, but just realised that I'm as good with Peach & Mr. Game And Watch as I am with Captain Falcon, Mario and, Falco. ;o Cool! ^_^

Peach just owns me. :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!