PDA

View Full Version : Most overrated bands of the year...

asher_
28-03-2006, 09:31 PM
Panic at the disco!

ILoveBenji
28-03-2006, 09:31 PM
Panic! At The Disco (as you said) and Arctic Monkeys.

Kyle.tk
28-03-2006, 09:35 PM
Panic! At The Disco (as you said) and Arctic Monkeys.

agree with both. They're both good though.

ILoveBenji
28-03-2006, 09:36 PM
agree with both. They're both good though.
Yeah, but overrated :]

Jim Rotates
28-03-2006, 09:39 PM
Arctic Monkeys, The Feeling

asher_
28-03-2006, 09:46 PM
my chemical romance

OF COURSE.

Jim Rotates
28-03-2006, 09:49 PM
my chemical romance

OF COURSE.

Oh HOW could I forget?! :P

kasi
28-03-2006, 10:12 PM
panic! at the disco
my chemical romance
fall out boy

all 3 are absolute ****

Edit by Rupsie [Forum Mod]: Please do not swear/avoid the forum filter.

RedStratocas
28-03-2006, 11:00 PM
Death Cab For Cutie... sound a lot like Jimmy Eat World, but not much variety with their songs.

Grindie
29-03-2006, 03:00 PM
Arctic Monkeys aren't overrated, they're just taking over from where The Libertines left off.

And The Libertines were great.

Craig
29-03-2006, 03:07 PM
P!ATD
Fall Out Boy
MCR
Arctic Monkeys
Lethal Bizzle[LOOOL]

Revis
29-03-2006, 03:34 PM
Artic Monkeys but I agree with the thing about them taking over as the Libertines.

Erm, MCR's first album was oh-so-much better than their new one but I guess it's just because they have been propelled into a wider audience so of course people won't like them.

Jordan3
29-03-2006, 03:51 PM
Panic! At The Disco
Arctic Monkeys
Nirvana
Bullet For My Valentine
Aiden
Trivium

The list goes on..

Edit: Oh and HIM, eugh.

Craig
29-03-2006, 03:58 PM
I definately have to disagree with Jordan on Trivium and BFMV.

They both worked extremely hard to get where they currently are. Matt Heafy[Trivium Lead Singer] might be a little over-ego'ed but you can't say their overrated!

Jordan3
29-03-2006, 03:59 PM
Trivium are okay, but BFMV are awful. Just opinion.

Revis
29-03-2006, 04:27 PM
I'll agree with Jordan about BFMV but slap him for what he said about Nirvana... :P

cocaine
29-03-2006, 04:28 PM
McFly, they're absoloute rubbishness.

BL!NKEY
29-03-2006, 04:39 PM
haha i live in the USA and never heard the arctic monkeys or panic at the disco untill yesterday and i am listening to them now.

But here in the USA Green Day has become overrated.
Their last album was always plaied on the radio and all the little kids are always singing like bolavard of broken dreams hahaha

xJoeYx
02-04-2006, 10:32 PM
Panic! At The Disco
Arctic Monkeys
Nirvana
Bullet For My Valentine
Aiden
Trivium

The list goes on..

Edit: Oh and HIM, eugh.

i second this.

i would also add MCR for being incredibly lame.

iluvben
08-04-2006, 09:52 AM
arctic monkeys defently and mcr

NekkLe
08-04-2006, 10:30 AM
Not toally bands but artists, ALL Rap Pop artists are soo fake and there music is pure pony. Overated pieces of rubbish who are in the biz purely for fame and cash, sad, sad people ¬,¬

'Laffy Taffy' yeh...No!

Pawf
08-04-2006, 10:32 AM
Without a doubt Arctic Monkeys, "Put on your dancing shoes" is the only good song by them because it is the only song that varies from the last :s

And I don't believe Trivium are overrated; I've seen them live and they put on an amazing performance. They work hard to acheive what they acheive.

Pu$$y
08-04-2006, 10:36 AM
artic moneys arent overrated!

Foks
08-04-2006, 10:42 AM
Green day, ROFL at them :']
Mcr, They should be banned.. it's all ****** pop emo.

But i mean.. how are Trivium Overrated?
And Bullet Kick Bum.

<3

Jim Rotates
09-04-2006, 12:51 AM
artic moneys arent overrated!

Oh please, they're the most over-rated band since Oasis.

RedStratocas
09-04-2006, 01:35 AM
Oh please, they're the most over-rated band since Oasis.

Agreed. They got a bit too much attention I think. Im glad indie is growing, Im pretty sure in about 10 years almost everyone will be listening to a kind of original stuff which is great, but Im not sure whats so great about these guys.

Jim Rotates
09-04-2006, 01:38 AM
Agreed. They got a bit too much attention I think. Im glad indie is growing, Im pretty sure in about 10 years almost everyone will be listening to a kind of original stuff which is great, but Im not sure whats so great about these guys.

Exactly. It's a shame better bands get pushed aside. I'm happy Maxïmo Park headlined NME Tour and they only supported though :D.

Billabong
09-04-2006, 07:42 AM
How can you say Fall Out Boy are overrated they are a fantastic band!
So are MCR and From First to Last

Panic at the disco well I dunno they ay as gd as they are portrayed to be

Chaz
09-04-2006, 07:56 AM
Yesh, arctic monkeys are overrated.

So WAS Nizlopi =P They made 1 good song, thats all there album was crap.

Billabong
09-04-2006, 08:05 AM
Yesh, arctic monkeys are overrated.

So WAS Nizlopi =P They made 1 good song, thats all there album was crap.

The JCB song was a good song though but EVERYONE was on about it and playing it and it got old quick!

I never heard the album

RedStratocas
09-04-2006, 02:04 PM
Exactly. It's a shame better bands get pushed aside. I'm happy Maxïmo Park headlined NME Tour and they only supported though :D.

I was flipping through channels and I saw a video I liked on VH1. But it was over and it went back to the people who talk about music but dont really know anything about it who host the show. Two of them were talking, and the guy asked this girl what she has been listening to, and she said "Im trying to listen to stuff that isnt on the radio, and dig deep into music. I like this band called the Artic Monkeys". I wanted to stab her in the face. Im not going on a rampage about the actual band, it just got me mad that she thought she was so original by what she listened to and thought that no one has ever heard of them.

Jim Rotates
09-04-2006, 02:26 PM
I was flipping through channels and I saw a video I liked on VH1. But it was over and it went back to the people who talk about music but dont really know anything about it who host the show. Two of them were talking, and the guy asked this girl what she has been listening to, and she said "Im trying to listen to stuff that isnt on the radio, and dig deep into music. I like this band called the Artic Monkeys". I wanted to stab her in the face. Im not going on a rampage about the actual band, it just got me mad that she thought she was so original by what she listened to and thought that no one has ever heard of them.

*****. That girl is so clueless lmao.

Kasabian
09-04-2006, 09:08 PM
I like the Arctic Monkeys, But all the hype over them was just too much...
There is NO way in hell Trivium are over rated. I agree with Smiffla.
MCR Are amazing. But again, Overrated.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!