PDA

View Full Version : Wicca

emo...
31-03-2006, 06:16 PM
My friend is wiccan. She has been all her life. Now her parents are asking me if I want to be to. I dont know what to do, because I dont go to church and dont have a religion. I dont know what to do because it all seems, false. They always talk about it whenever i go over there, but i dont know. With all of the rituals and that stuff, it just seems weird. It does look interesting but i dont know if i could do it or not. Please help.

for the people that cant be bothered to read it-

should i go wiccan or not because my friend is?

Jordan3
31-03-2006, 06:18 PM
My friend is wiccan. She has been all her life. Now her parents are asking me if I want to be to. I dont know what to do, because I dont go to church and dont have a religion. I dont know what to do because it all seems, false. They always talk about it whenever i go over there, but i dont know. With all of the rituals and that stuff, it just seems weird. It does look interesting but i dont know if i could do it or not. Please help.

for the people that cant be bothered to read it-

should i go wiccan or not because my friend is?

You're not your friend, do whatever you want. The simple answer is NO.

Moose
31-03-2006, 06:18 PM
I think wicca is something you have to have, not convert...

Ok, changing because your friend is one? That sounds something that a cult would do (which wicca is not).

Biseinen
31-03-2006, 06:21 PM
I have a friend who is a Necromancer, another who is Warlock, and a few Wiccan girl friends.

[Shrugs]

Do what you want to do. Their central deity is a mother goddess and they use herbs and stuff for magic. Whats the harm in trying?

emo...
31-03-2006, 06:30 PM
thanks, but my friend does all these weird rituals like i dno, circles and stuff. its weird. She does like, purification of the circle. :s

FrozenWhisper
31-03-2006, 06:46 PM
thanks, but my friend does all these weird rituals like i dno, circles and stuff. its weird. She does like, purification of the circle. :s
Belive me, Wicca is mostly about getting in touch with nature than casting evil spells. Circles just help you learn of your powers. I'm wiccan and wouldn't be if my mate hadn't told me to try it. Don't worry, christians are highly against it but meh, just do it if you want to. But I suggest you should try it.

Mentor
31-03-2006, 06:46 PM
Meh, joining a religion becuse someone you know follows it is pretty stupid if you dont actaly belive in it.
Religion is just a way of not accepting the truth that we are insignifcant and dont realy have any control over the world "/

Biseinen
31-03-2006, 06:49 PM
Besides, Wiccans are 'good witches'.

FrozenWhisper
31-03-2006, 06:53 PM
Besides, Wiccans are 'good witches'.
Actually you can get bad wiccans ;). But belive me Emo it is fun once you get into it. If you decide to do it and need some help PM me. I might not have the answer tho as I'm new to it and I haven't told anyone except a close circle of friends about it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!