PDA

View Full Version : 3D Chat Community

Exerox
01-04-2006, 06:44 PM
My company is called gyrotown, it is a 3D chat community based in a virtual reality town, you can chat, play games, and even move around in a virtual environment.

We have a BETA made already but it isnt on public release yet as we are upgrading our servers, we are wanting supporters and staff.

Please click here to visit. (http://gyrotown.com)

Dont forget to visit the forum (http://gyrotown.com/forum) either.

Thankyou

Mario
01-04-2006, 06:49 PM
well tbh, this is one of the most promising-looking habbo like chat in BETA posted here yet, good luck!

Exerox
01-04-2006, 06:56 PM
Thanks, we're putting alot of work into this since we are affiliated with the MOD and british army, also alot of funding to go into this.

xxMATTGxx
01-04-2006, 07:06 PM
Looks pretty cool , im not say ur telling lies but can is there anyway to see if your like affiliated with the MOD and British Army?

Exerox
01-04-2006, 07:30 PM
No sadly, it cant be proved, the reason we are affiliated is because:

1. Im in the Territorial Army.

2. I have official permission from the MOD Child Services for this project.

3. Many of the moderators will be part of the Army Cadet Force and Territorial Army.

The reason for this is because we want to give all sorts of advice for teenagers growing up in this day and age, e.g. careers advice, and all sorts of things associated with growing up.

We are looking for some help with director and lingo, since we want to build a bigger team of programmers.

T0X!C-uk
01-04-2006, 08:36 PM
some things i have found wrong with the site which makes me think or lying.

1. You state your an LLC company yet every LLC prodiver site i have checked they show nothing for your website and usally all LLC's are listed

2. You are using images that i have seen on jabbatown.com before I.E the picture of the guy in your banner.

xxMATTGxx
01-04-2006, 08:36 PM
Ok cool. i belive you know coz they way you posted that. Anyway is there any previews like screenshots etc? :P

Leet
01-04-2006, 09:17 PM
1 = ripped images located on google and professional designing forums.
2 = wannabee
3 = I've been working on my for years and it's released 10 beta clients:)
4 = it's up and running

all the best tho.

Css
01-04-2006, 09:33 PM

Walking System: Unfinished

Basic Graphics: Unfinished

Room 1: Done

Server (Client): Done

Server (Connection): Done

Basic Coding:Done

:rolleyes: N your site is ready for BETA how?

ADAM:
01-04-2006, 09:38 PM
You cant have a BETA working if the walking system hasnt been finished

Mentor
01-04-2006, 10:27 PM
indeed, that cant be a beta, Beta is testing stadges once the programs been compleated "/
Possibly an early alpha "/

Exerox
02-04-2006, 05:40 AM
Ok, more like a Pre-Alpha then.

We have a walking system, it just isnt good enough for a BETA.

Homesrfan
02-04-2006, 05:45 AM
Screenshots please? :)

Exerox
02-04-2006, 05:49 AM
Sorry cant at this point, todo with our copyright agreement.

Exerox
07-04-2006, 11:00 AM
Will be releasing some previews of the rooms soon, on the forums.

www.gyrotown.com/forum

xxMATTGxx
07-04-2006, 11:10 AM
Post a link to the pages the previews will be on or when they are on please :)

nets
07-04-2006, 04:06 PM
Sounds like you don't know what you're doing.

Jamie.
07-04-2006, 09:10 PM
Sounds like you don't know what you're doing.
:D What nets said

GXHost
07-04-2006, 09:38 PM
Sorry cant at this point, todo with our copyright agreement.

Copyright Agreement? No copyright agreement states you cant show images of what you are creating all copyrighting does is protect anything that was created and belongs to you.

You can copyright anything by just putting "Copyright 2006 etc etc..." obviously if anything went to court you would need a lot of proof to prove what you put copyright on is your. Thats why most people tend to pay for the documents and get there work registered

Exerox
09-04-2006, 10:34 AM
By putting "Copyright (C) 2006" you only claim ownership, if anyone actually does steal your images, you cant do anything.

To have original copyright you need an individual ownership license, or a corporate business licence, we have a business licence, meaning we cant release any images untill they are officially released with the BETA.

How can I not know what Im doing? - The TA is very ICT Co-ordinated, all of our team has coding and graphics experience already.

Gyro Town is a merge of:

SanoTown
GyroTown
Paradise Lobby

And alot of people from other companies.

Mentor
09-04-2006, 10:43 AM
Yea... you may not be aware of this but not every contary users the same copyright ledusaltion, Licenceing is not required in the UK for copyright ownership.
And that still doesnt prevent you from showing it, if your request is not yet approved in the contary your working from, it simply means you can not currently challenge it if its stolen... well you can, its just slighty harder...

dadofdamatrix
09-04-2006, 11:32 AM
Exactly what Entor said...
In the UK, if you show a copyright notice, such as Copyright 2005 - 2006, you have full ownership of all image, content and data stored on the website.
If anyone stole your images, and you felt you needed to go to court, you could. As long as you could prove the images are yours, and when you published them, or created them, at a date before someone else published theirs, you would be entitled to take full legal action, and most likely, win.

As for the TA supporting you. It is highly unlikely that the British Army, a government funded system would support your game.
And from the layout, if they have supported you, they have not presented any financial support, as it is terrible.

Paradise Lobby failed, you lost hundreds of members, and staff members, all of whom have said it is run by yet another team of children, who are incapable of being honest.
Why lie about your LLC? I have checked all American databases and the American patent office, you are not on any.

Finally, just because someone has LLC, doesn't make that company any more susceptible to someone stealing images, hacking or using third party programs in conjunction with the site. LLC just means you are incorporated, and therefore have to pay tax, provide all financial documents, business reports...Monthly!
Again, from the way you have presented yourself, and the lies you have spun, you will fail, and again, given MMOCC's a bad name.

Kroziun
09-04-2006, 11:50 AM
"LLC" is a USA registered company - if it was UK based which it would have to be to have the link with the MOD, it would be a "Ltd." company.

Going Limited is useless on your own as it makes you more accountable and just as easy to lose your own personal assets as if you were not Limited status, as you assume liability as the major shareholder naturally. When you approach anyone for funding they will want to know who the shareholders are and how much they have put into the company, and they will want to see proof before investing.

What.com
09-04-2006, 08:39 PM
i can see you have put alot of effort into it, and i hope it becomes a great succes

DMB-Hosting
09-04-2006, 08:41 PM
any screenies?

OMGitsaROSS
09-04-2006, 08:44 PM
What types of information may we collect?
we shall ask you to create a username and password and/or to provide other, non-personal information such as your age, date of birth. In addition, your web browser or client software may transmit certain geographic information or information regarding the capabilities of your computer to Fusion City. Fusion City may use such information for security or enforcement purposes.

Owned.

Timewarp
09-04-2006, 08:52 PM
Owned.
lol good find

---MAD---
09-04-2006, 08:54 PM
Owned.
OMG :O its fake :o?

OMGitsaROSS
09-04-2006, 08:55 PM
Ty :p It says it a bit futher up aswell

---MAD---
09-04-2006, 08:56 PM
yeap here,

GyroTown © LLC and its affiliate companies respect the privacy of its on-line visitors and recognize the importance of providing a secure environment for them. We have adopted the following Privacy Policy that guides how we collect, store, and use the information you provide us. Please note that when you link to other sites from Fusion City, this Privacy Policy does not apply to, and cannot control the activities on, those other sites.

and here

Who is collecting your information?
When you are asked for information while on GyroTown © LLC, you are sharing that information with GyroTown © LLC, and its various affiliates and/or partners, unless specifically stated otherwise. As a result of this sharing, you may receive communications from any of Fusion's affiliates. In addition, some services are provided in conjunction with partner companies. If your personal information is being collected by another company other than GyroTown, you will be notified at the time the information is collected.

---MAD---
09-04-2006, 08:56 PM
yeap here,

Privacy Policy

GyroTown © LLC and its affiliate companies respect the privacy of its on-line visitors and recognize the importance of providing a secure environment for them. We have adopted the following Privacy Policy that guides how we collect, store, and use the information you provide us. Please note that when you link to other sites from Fusion City, this Privacy Policy does not apply to, and cannot control the activities on, those other sites.

Who is collecting your information?
When you are asked for information while on GyroTown © LLC, you are sharing that information with GyroTown © LLC, and its various affiliates and/or partners, unless specifically stated otherwise. As a result of this sharing, you may receive communications from any of Fusion's affiliates. In addition, some services are provided in conjunction with partner companies. If your personal information is being collected by another company other than GyroTown, you will be notified at the time the information is collected.

Exerox
10-04-2006, 03:32 PM
Well I apologise for the site.

The TA isnt involved in the site, more the background work and financial help, and also the visitors.

The BETA is released tomorrow, for members of the forum who were registered before sunday.

Php
10-04-2006, 03:59 PM
ooo, so beta is release tomorrow?

DMB-Hosting
10-04-2006, 08:41 PM
Hmm i registered so ill look forward to the beta

Php
13-04-2006, 11:57 PM
Well I apologise for the site.

The TA isnt involved in the site, more the background work and financial help, and also the visitors.

The BETA is released tomorrow, for members of the forum who were registered before sunday.

has BETA been released yet then?

nets
14-04-2006, 12:09 AM
It's obviously fake so stop posting in this thread.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!