PDA

View Full Version : So you think you can write? -Ends April 30th

.Lynn
02-04-2006, 08:12 PM
You think you can write stories? Well we want you to create one using only the following ten words:

dog
whistle
splash
explosion
party
weird
alone
lobster
lights
police

You can write anything you want as long as your story contains those 10 words, you cannot alter the words in any way (so you can't turn lights into light, and so on) Please make sure we can see you used the words, you can give them a colour or underline them, as long as we can see them. You story should not be longer than 450 words and not shorter than 150 words or break any of the forum rules.

Special thanks to micky.blue.eyes, for writing the above and suggesting this :D

Prize: 1 club sofa kindly donated by Seacat

Your entry should look like the example below: -

Habbo Name: .Lynn
Habbox Name:
My entry:-

This competition will run until April 30th unless otherwise stated. When the competition finishes 2hd. and .Lynn will pick the winner(s) and the prize will be handed over in Habbo Hotel UK.

One entry per Habbox Member ONLY (this includes 2 different entries in one post).
Please read the terms and conditions at the bottom:

Terms and conditions: To prevent unfair competitions, we only allow one entry for each Habbox member and one pc. If more entries are sent using the same Habbox member and/or pc, all the entries will be withdrawn from the competition. You can send in your entry until the competition is closed at some time on April 30th, 2006. The winner will be announced in this forum and in this thread. They will be private messaged by 2hd. to collect their prize. Habbox has the right to close the competition at any time before the competition ending date and the winner will be judged from all the entries received up to that point. 2hd. and .Lynn will be judging the competition. Any harassment or attempted bribery will get you disqualified and could even get you into trouble on the Forum. ALL Habbox staff are excluded from participating in Competitions, unless Competition states they may. This includes all sites and departments that are involved with Habbox. Trialists may enter any competition whilst they are on trial. Any entries that break the forum rules in anyway will also be withdrawn. Prizes must be claimed within two months of the winner(s) being announced in the announcement forum. Unclaimed prizes will be used again in a future Competition or in any other Habbox competition event.

When in posting the competition forum, please only post competition entries. Do not post questions or comments it is not the place to so. If you need to ask a question, or feel it necessary to make a comment, then please send a message to one of the Competition Moderators or post in the competition question/comments forum.

ItsDave
03-04-2006, 07:41 PM
It was a hot summers day and Dave and his dog were playing alone together. Ring ring. His phone went, Dave answeared. "Oh hello Rob, you alright? Oh good, and your girlfriend.... Oh split up, well never mind eh? A party? Sounds good, who's is it. Him? Oh ok, only if you say so. Pick you up round tennish yeah? Ok, bye". Here that boy? Theres a party tonight. Woof went the dog.
Walking his dog he got home into his flat and watched some ootball on the TV. "Ohhh not again". The dog had done a wee on the floor. "Now I gotta get a towl and mop this up! I really need to start looking for a bed for you. That reminds me, I should look for one for you". Dave popped down town in his car and parked up on a curb. "Ohh double yellow lines? I see no ticket wardens around, Ill only be a couple a minutes". He walked into the pet shop. "Hi there, um, Im looking for a dog bed could you tell me where it is?... Excuse me... hello!?"
"Oh sorry, what'd you say?" Said the store clerk. He was in his mid 20's, looked very bored.
"A dog bed, do you know where one is in here?"
"Oh yeah, there just up there, right in the corner, near the fish"
"Ok thanks" replied Dave.
Walking up to the dog beds Dave noticed a pretty wierd race of fish.
"What are those? There, the ones with the rainbow like scales?"
"Oh thats a Multicolour Delta Guppy" answeared an assistant
"Awesome, whoa look, a lobster!" gasped Dave
"Well yes, we have a couple of types of lobster".
Dave started looking at the many types of dog beds. He saw a dark blue one with padding on the inside on the side.
"I'll take that one bed please!"
"Sure".
Dave puts the bed in his car and drives home. He puts the bed in a corner an goes off to the party.
He picks up his mate Rob who doesn't live to far away and they head off for the party. They both arrive at the party. Dave shields his head away from the lights as one is shined dirrectly in his eyes. Dave & Rob hear a splash and go out in to the garden where there's a pool and music playing. People are eating sweets and Dave recieves a whistle. He puts it in the bin and dives in the pool. Suddenly an explosion is heard a couple of houses away from the party. Everyone rushes out to see what has happened. Within moments police arrive and tell them that the explosion was caused by too many electrical cercuits in the back on of one plug. Releived but still shocked, some people head back to the party, while others walk home.
The end
Xzoid

LewstherinII
04-04-2006, 09:50 AM
Habbo(x) Name: LewstherinII
My Entry-

The stunted creature licked its chops in anticipation as the human walked carefully, light footfalls seeming to resound off the forest density. The small, dark and unfriendly dog watched in silence as the human walked.
Suddenly a figure glided up behind the creature, who balked. Furiously silent, with intelligence glinting behind sharp eyes of black, the dog wound itself up, ready to strike at the figure.
The figure was ghostly white, pale power eminating from the dull radiance. It raised a glowing palm, compelling the dog to obey.
Then it let out a whistle.
The human's head snapped round, exactly where the whistle had come from, but it was too late.
The dog leapt upon the suspicious warrior, sending them both into a brown forest bog, causing a small spash, along with an explosion of boggy water that sounded through the night.
The human struggled, trying to breathe, as he battled the dog, trying to avoid the slashing claws. He shouldn't have listened. If he got out of this alive, he could still get there in time before the party finished...
The wierd white figure ghosted up to the battle, just as the human overpowered the dog and knocked it out.
Rising, hurt and bleeding, the human faced death in the face...
Alone.
The white figure let out another shrill whiste, and a lobster crawled out of the bog. It attacked the exhausted human with malicious speed.
Whatever the ghostly thing was, it had the power to compel animals to its will. The human had time to register pain before dizzy lights filled his vision, and he fell...

No one knew how the boy had fallen. Forensics and testing mysteriously revealed only that he was John Parker; a boy who had lived in the local area for years. Police and scientists tried to work out what had happened, yet mysteries of the paranormal could seldom be solved.

Yet after the commotion died away, and the police and scientists went away, a new soul walked in the forests, wearing the body of the boy it had killed...

Edited by Lynn(Comp Staff) - Entry accepted because on trial.

H.bubbly
04-04-2006, 07:20 PM
Entry :

Habbo Name: H.bubbly
Habbox Name: H.bubbly

It was Sunday Evening , I Grabbed my Coat and put my Dog on a lead. And i left the house turning off the Lights. I walked down the road and started to Whistle , There was No-One about at all , i felt so Alone , Weird

Saturday is usually the Party Night.
''Hmm'' I Said.

'' Hello'' A Voice Said
I Looked Behind
''hey , I Replied.
He Looked at Max , Then up at me.
''Have you heard , what happened up the Street ? '' He Asked.
'' No , '' I said
'' I heard , He will be back , And will Do Terrible Things '' The Man Replied , Walked off into the Fog.

I stepped in a puddle and made a big Splash, I was still looking at the Puddle , i Didn't Stop looking .I Turned round , there was nothing there , No one staring over my Shoulder.
'' hmm i thought i saw Something Max'' I Said. I was Afraid. I was un aware of what was going on up the street , but i was getting alot closer every step I started to Walk Faster and Max Started To run.We had Gone Far Enough.There was an Explosion.There was a Lobsteron the floor , Quite many ,Unharmed and being Delt with.
'' Excuse me this Area is restricted '' The Police Said.

'' Whats going on ? '' I asked , Although i was already aware
'' Someone decided Bomb the Roof '' The Officer Replied
'' Well , i was just comming here , i should go ''

'' No Wait , I'll Give you a Lift Home , It's Cold out '' The officer Said.
I walked to the Car and got in the Front seat . The Officer was still talking to some people from the Press. I looked behind , i couldn't believe it , it was the man , Cuffed at the Hands and Ancles.
What a Night.

Edited by Lynn(Comp Staff) - Entry edited.

bubble79
14-04-2006, 11:27 AM
Habbox name: bubble79
habbo name: bubble79

I felt really weird as I walked alone through the dark alleyway. I couldn’t see any lights anywhere, and was ready to run all the way home, because this was where recently a girl had been walking home, and had been murdered mysteriously as she walked in the evening coming home from a party , as I was doing now. The police had found no cause of death except a single dog bite on her neck , and people in their houses reported hearing a single, shrill whistle from down the alleyway, and then nothing. Silence. The killer was never found, but they know it was not just any old dog bite.

I picked up speed when, from far away I heard an explosion behind me. I looked around, saw nothing and when I turned back I screamed for my life. There was a man dressed all in black with a balaclava blocking my path! I ran as fast as I could from it, but it followed. This made me feel even more uneasy. I was heading in the wrong direction, whilst being chased by the person that could have killed that girl 3 months ago. I tried to get back to my friends house, but something else came from nowhere to face me. I faced the grim realisation that I was trapped and wondered if there was any way that this ‘thing’ behind me could be defeated. I strained my eyes to see if I could see it in the dark. I just managed, but wished I hadn’t. It was a horrible sight. I realized that it was a rabid dog, foaming at the mouth, yet worse still were the fangs sticking out of his mouth, and the, obviously blind, bloodshot, mad eyes.. 2 of them, dripping with fresh blood. I wished to be anywhere but here, and, as if sensing my desperate desire, the man crumpled over and wailed,
“It’s that lobster I had for lunch. It wasn’t cooked properly. Rover, kill him anyway” before stumbling off, walking backwards.

This was my opportunity to escape, so I ran as fast as my legs could carry me out of the alley, with the dog chasing me as if I was a kitten. I got to the other side of the alley, but the dog was close behind. Luckily there was the lake! I ran into it, so it couldn’t trace my scent. There was a huge splash as I entered the water, but I knew I was safe, even as the dog ran after me. Little known fact: vampire dogs can’t swim.

Rawr
14-04-2006, 01:14 PM
Habbo name- N/A.
Habbox name- <3.

Entry:

*set in the Bobs and Tonys house*

Tony and his friend Bob had a wild party where they were all getting drunk and so forth and then Tony said:
''Morning Bob, big party aye''
Bob replied:
''Yeh i'm so tired! Have you seen Helen my pet lobster?
Tony said:
''No, wheres Derrick the dog? oh he's there! Omgz whats in his mouth?''
Bob said:
''Omgz it's Helen! Derrick has ate Helen!""
Next morning the police came round it was PC Plob the local cop. PC Plob said:
''I hear you fellows were having a party, the neighbours were complaining about the noise. Anyway did you here an explosion last night?
Bob said:
''Err....yes we did but we couldn't be bothered ringing and we didn't see anything PC Plob.''
PC Plob replied with:
''Ok, i'll leave you fellows alone''
*in the garden*
Tony and Bob rushed into the garden they heard a big splash and wondered what it was. It was Derrick he had jumped into the pond to get his favourite whistle. The lights came on bob said: ''woah who did that? that was weird.''
Bob and Tony were now left alone to clean up the messy house they have and recover from the wild party they had last night. They also need to hide the remains of the homemade bomb they made to blow up that gnome so PC Plob doesn't catch them with it. Tony carries the parts to the window and opens to the curtains to get some light in, when he opens them he sees PC Plob stood at the window while Tony held remains of the bomb.

Sygon.
19-04-2006, 02:26 PM
:) Habboname: sygon
hbxfname: sygon.net

Entry:

Suddenly a loud explosion erupted from nowhere it was weird, lights were flashing all around
blue lights, it hit me then these lights were sirens, blue flashing POLICE sirens!

It was weird, i couldnt describe the feelings inside me i felt weird and confounded at what had just happened
allmy thoughts were interupted as a slight whistle, no whine passed my ears and a police dog
was on top of me biting my nose, it felt as if a lobster was having a field day and pinching my nose
then the polic officer with the dog said hull and the dog released its teeth from my sore nose
he told me that the explosion came from a suicide bomber who bombed a party down the road, it was unexpected
and 9 people have been found dead already.

the police cars advanced down the road and i was alone, walking home hearing the slight splash of the puddles
i was stepping in. The feelings inside me were like a thousand thoughs, why would they want to bomb a party? who would
do such a thing? I must find out....

To be continued lol

Timewarp
19-04-2006, 05:29 PM
The dog did whistle when it jumped into the pool *splash* then there was an explosion and it appeared at a party it was wierd and alone then it ate a lobster. Lights blaring in the police dogs eyes

Panic!
22-04-2006, 10:03 PM
Dog and Lobster are both going to the Party Alone because They're both a bit Weird. On the way, there was a loud Explosion
and the Police came Lights flashing. An old man Whistled on Dog and there was a Splash as Lobster jumped back into the sea to see his wife Candy.

The Moral of this story kids...

Dont
Do
Drugs.

:P
Subliminal hidden message : Pick me as winner....OK?

Habbox name: Panic!
Habbo Name: -Panic!-
Heres My Entry ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Forgot to add that .... My Bad

....OK?

Kardan
29-04-2006, 09:59 PM
The Lobster Man

Aiden was 18 years old, and lived on the outskirts of London, he had scruffy brown hair and deep blue eyes. He was about 6ft and the normal weight for his height. Joy.
Aiden had came into London for his friends party. His friend was Tim, it was his 18th birthday tonight. As he walked in he saw large amounts of surging people, Aiden thought how Tim could know all these people. It was soon obvious that Tim had invited only a few friends, but those friends had invited friends, and those friends had invited there friends and so on. The house was packed.
After a few drinks, Aiden thought about actually looking for Tim as he hadn’t seen him yet. He looked around the house numerous times and couldn’t find Tim. He turned around and headed for the door but got knocked to the floor. He heard screams and then a splash and then some gurgling and more screams. Aiden was unable to lift himself up, he just laid there, waiting to die.
Aiden finally woke up, he looked around, nobody was there, the lights were dim and Aiden could barely find his way through the living room. Aiden was all alone. Aiden walked around the house, trying to find someone, especially Tim. It was weird, why had everyone suddenly gone? He walked out to the backyard where Tim’s deluxe swimming pool was. He saw something floating in it. A body.
Aiden dived in, in a attempt to rescue the poor man, he turned over the body and it was Tim. He backed away in shock and looked a Tim’s lifeless body floating in the pool. Someone had murdered Tim. Then something caught Aiden’s eye, beside Tim’s dead body was a lobster. A dead one, floating alone side it, there was a note attached but Aiden didn’t read it. All of a sudden police sirens could be heard. The police was here. Aiden had to get out of the scene of the crime. He lifted himself out of the pool and jumped over the back yard fence, he was in a street. Which street he didn’t know but he just ran, in the opposite direction of the sirens.
He had to stop and catch his breath; he could hear shouting from the house. A dog barking could be heard in the background. If dogs were bought they could find Aiden. He had to keep running. He went passed a few side roads and took the next left turning; he was on the High street. He looked around for a cab and dived in, he told the driver to drive to his home. Before he left he could see a policeman, with a dog in front. The dog was looking at the cab, the policeman carried on walking, but the dog stayed fixated at the cab. The policeman blew the dog’s whistle, still no response.
‘Hurry please,’ Aiden told the cab driver as the dog started barking at the cab. The policeman looked inside the cab and ran towards his car. They were being chased by the police. The cab driver was taking him the long route to Aiden’s house as normal. Aiden told the cab driver to stop the cab. Aiden got out and walked to the cab driver’s window. Aiden through him a punch and opened the car door, dragging the unconscious driver onto the pavement.
Aiden got in the cab and started driving, he was surprised of how fast the Cab could go, but still, the police were getting closer. Aiden turned right following the main road, and he saw a road block up ahead. Aiden took the chance, he accelerated up to the road block and as soon as he reached it he jerked the steering wheel of the cab left sending the cab flying through the air. Aiden managed to clamber out of the cab and fall to the ground. The cab landed into a grass verge in a massive explosion.
Aiden ran towards his house, the police were now running to him threatening him with stun guns. Aiden entered his house and ran upstairs into his room, searching for the key to his room. But on the bed was a dead lobster with a note attached to it. Aiden walked up to it, he could hear the police coming up the stairs. He read the note:
‘I have killed your friend, and now it is your turn. If I was you I wouldn’t turn round.

Yours deadly, The Lobster Man.’

Aiden stupidly turned around and there he saw a policeman with a gun aiming at a man dressed in black with a knife. Aiden was just about to get murdered.
In the end, The Lobster Man, got arrested for the attempted murder of Aiden and the murder of Tim. He got 23 years in Jail. Aiden on the other hand had to pay for a new cab and had to serve 1 month in Jail, for the assault on the cab driver. But one thing Aiden will never do again is turn around when he sees a lobster with a note.

THE END

Habbo Name: Kardan
HxF Name: Kardan

kasi
29-04-2006, 11:18 PM
habbox name ; theaudition may change to silverstein
habbo name ; frozenillusion
entry ;

there once was a dog who could whistle. he liked to splash in the water. one time he did it and made an explosion. so he had a party. he was pretty weird. he was alone at his party. he ate lobster. he had disco lights outside at his party. he danced alone. the police came and arrested him.

done :]

Sabu
30-04-2006, 12:31 AM
Once sunny morning, Mr Lobster felt very alone so took a short walk down to the Pet Shelter. Halfway through his delightful journey, the police stopped him at the traffic lights. They asked if he had heard an explosion.
"No" he said. The police told him of the dangers in the town, and ordered two of his officers to stay with Mr Lobster incase anything bad happens. So, Mr Lobster and his party strolled along the streets, until finally reaching the pet shelter. They walked through open door. The first thing Mr Lobster set his eyes on, was a little white dog. Very weird was this dog, as it had the word "splash" tatooed on it's rear end.
Mr Lobster heard, what seemed like, someone blowing a whistle. At that very moment, the dog lay there, lifeless. Mr Lobster was crushed. What had happened? Was this his fault?
Many questions had Mr Lobster asked himself, as he sat on his bed, all alone, crying.

If I win, please can I only have rep, as I do not play habbo anymore. Give away the prize to a runner up or someone :) Thanks x

infatuation
30-04-2006, 01:02 AM
Hxf Username: Aeox (May change, to alot of different things. See name change thread).
Habbo name: :Tattle (with the : )
My Entry:

The list of words.
dog
whistle
splash
explosion
party
weird
alone
lobster
lights
police

One long, hot summer day, surprisingly enough, there came down a splash of water, followed by a few more drops. An owner was out jogging with her dog, while she was jogging, she needed a tune to warm her up, so she started to whistle. She then felt a gigantic drop hit her forehead, so she decided to head home. When she got home, she turned on the lights, and walked in smelling a great sensation: Lobster. Her husband actually cooked tonight, and boy was she amazed. She walked a little farther, and smelt something weird, and walked a little farther. She then, on the floor.. saw her doggies little explosion, which smelt like your grandma's socks. She slowly grabbed a paper towel, and scooped it up, and washed off the remaining excess. After dinner, she washed up and was talking to her husband. "Honey, I've invited some guy friends over to watch the game tonight, and have a little party after. You okay with that?" he said. "No dear, I've been having this awful headache ever since the weather started. I'd like to have some alone time tonight, so please phone them back." As usual, she got her own way, because he phoned his friends back, and told them another day. They watched the football game in peace (except when he jumped and they scored, and the police had to come over, because he was being so loud..), but it was fun, most of the day.

PS: My entry is before the deadline, canadian time. It's only 7:06 PM Canadian, but like 2:06 UK time. So technically, my entry counts.

The end. =)

buddyss
30-04-2006, 06:19 AM
Habbo Name:jojoandme
forum name:buddyss
Once apon a time, There was a dog named lobster.
Lobster he was always alone because he was wierd.
One day he decided to have a party no one showed up!
until the police drove in the drive way with huge lights.
They brought lobster a gift because no one came to his
party. The gift was a whistle. Two days later there was
a explosion and he saved a dog named splash.
Lobster and splash lived happly ever after wierd and not alone.

2hd.
06-05-2006, 09:33 AM
Congratulations goes to bubble79 who wins 1 club sofa! You will be contacted shortly!

2hd.
06-05-2006, 04:02 PM
http://img447.imageshack.us/img447/310/bubble1yv.png (http://imageshack.us)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!