PDA

View Full Version : Warning To All Swiftswitch Users!

Ezzie.
03-04-2006, 03:12 PM
Taken from legendofrsd.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2812 (http://www.legendofrsd.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2812)

RuneEscape Undercover Reporting:
Swiftswitch users at risk .

In an effort to track down the whojer hacker, one of the members of RuneEscape went undercover. He had the following conversation with the man who claims to be the hacker of Whojer. This conversation took place over the span of several days. Our undercover reporter sent me the screenshots of the conversation. I have transcribed them, filtering out the unimportant bits, and I have changed the name of our reporter for his protection.[edit]

The last part of the conversation, the part that no longer has to do with Whojer, is quite shocking and has dire consequences if it’s true.

RuneEscape Undercover says: I thought you were good now.
RuneEscape Undercover says: Why did you hack Whojer?
[Di] I Am Level 1 says: <gives url for hacking software>
RuneEscape Undercover says: How did you get the keylogger into his computer?
RuneEscape Undercover says: We can be friends again.
RuneEscape Undercover says: And you teach me how to hax. J
<idle chit chat about music>
[Di] I Am Level 1 says: did u get that link I sent u?
RuneEscape Undercover says: yes yes
[Di] I Am Level 1 says: listen
[Di] I Am Level 1 says: upload a file on yousend it
[Di] I Am Level 1 says: an exe file
[Di] I Am Level 1 says: keylog it
[Di] I Am Level 1 says: and send out link as swiftswitch 2.3 beta
RuneEscape Undercover says: where?
[Di] I Am Level 1 says: usentit
RuneEscape Undercover says: How did you get Whojer to download it?
[Di] I Am Level 1 says: http://www.yousendit.com (http://www.yousendit.com/)
<conversation unrelated to the hacking>
RuneEscape Undercover says: But you haven’t told me L
RuneEscape Undercover says: How did you get Whojer to install it?!
RuneEscape Undercover says: You used another name?
RuneEscape Undercover says: Are you like SS staff?
[Di] I Am Level 1 says: ss chat admin
RuneEscape Undercover says: What channel?
[Di] I Am Level 1 says: my cousin is charlie 187…
[Di] I Am Level 1 says: any chanel..
[Di] I Am Level 1 says: charlie is strider3282’s best friend in rs
[Di] I Am Level 1 says: well i gtg
<later conversation>
RuneEscape Undercover says: Why did you hack Whojer, and not other much more rich people?
[Di] I Am Level 1 says: i hacked t4xz
[Di] I Am Level 1 says: and qiet
RuneEscape Undercover says: Who are they?
[Di] I Am Level 1 says: rich peeps
RuneEscape Undercover says: How rich?
[Di] I Am Level 1 says: 500m rich
<unimportant conversation>
[Di] I Am Level 1 says: i have people on my msn
[Di] I Am Level 1 says: that own invision free
[Di] I Am Level 1 says: and I also have all the swiftswitch chat admins
[Di] I Am Level 1 says: in next swift update
[Di] I Am Level 1 says: there will be an undetectable keylogger
[Di] I Am Level 1 says: and everyone who uses swiftswitch
[Di] I Am Level 1 says: which is like over 500k people
[Di] I Am Level 1 says: will all be ours for the cleaning
RuneEscape Undercover says: Everyone who uses SS will get hacked?!
[Di] I Am Level 1 says: using AOL trial cd’s to change my IP address and spread the stuff to lvl 3 mules
[Di] I Am Level 1 says: yup laugh.gif
[Di] I Am Level 1 says: thats been the plan since day 1
[Di] I Am Level 1 says: now its at its peak
[Di] I Am Level 1 says: time to move in

And there you have it. According to this user, the next SS update will have a keylogger in it that they will use to hack every user of SS. We do not know if this is a true claim or not, but we recommend that you take precautions, just in case.

this is much more than a petty rs hacking thins, this is an actuall legal matter ~ cant reveal to everyone whats happening, or should we let the kid know we know

So the questions is, do you think swiftswitch contains keyloggers and such? Please post your views here also I think the guy on rsd forums got it from ds or di forums by the way :)

bowrox
03-04-2006, 03:13 PM
Downloaded Update and it is ok, people just made this to make people scared i think

DarkSound
03-04-2006, 03:14 PM
bs.............

Scottehh...
03-04-2006, 03:14 PM
They wouldnt do that, Doubt anyone on RSD would be that lame;]

Sly
03-04-2006, 03:16 PM
I never use SS - I'm safe :)

Matt.
03-04-2006, 03:17 PM
:o! I have 2.21 does that have keylogger or the next update will have keylogger?:s

bowrox
The new update has been out for a day now and no one has commented about the keylogger so it must be safe

Ezzie.
This isn't really aimed at the update more of do you use swiftswitch and arwe you aware it can be hacked? I've just uninstalled it and i use internet explorer which lets me add world 2 to my favourites :D so nomore please try 100 more times on swift ;)

Also I think he means the next update not the one yesterday...

Matt.
03-04-2006, 03:20 PM
This isn't really aimed at the update more of do you use swiftswitch and arwe you aware it can be hacked? I've just uninstalled it and i use internet explorer which lets me add world 2 to my favourites :D so nomore please try 100 more times on swift ;)

Also I think he means the next update not the one yesterday...
Thats ok then:) I have uninstall mine and i will just ie =] Thanks for the warning +Rep

Hobbit
03-04-2006, 03:23 PM
rsd are lame.

Ezzie.
03-04-2006, 03:23 PM
ie rocks tho cos u can add world 2 to your faves ;) so that ownz :p

Scottehh...
03-04-2006, 03:24 PM
I Got a Trojan the other day not sure if from SwiftSwitch but i left comp on all night went back on in the morning

Norton Antivirus notification - 1431 viruses and also spreaded throughout my network.

Chaz
03-04-2006, 03:24 PM
Shouldn't really use SS anyway...

Gives you an unfair advantage, as you can get things at the click of a button.

Steven.
03-04-2006, 03:26 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Hello le me make a chat log up,

MOD-Andrew Says:
Hey Sexy
Ste :// Says: HI
MOD-Andrew Says: Give me your password and i will give you free items!
Ste :// Says: SCAM.

WALAH.

Simple as, roflmao. ;)

Ezzie.
03-04-2006, 03:26 PM
well after i installed the update yesterday it said on my virus protector that a recent attack to own my comp has been blocked and it was a trojan =\

also this is an rsd member? one of the most respected members I don't think you know much about clans and pking steven so i'll just say that rsd are in the top 20?

-----------------------------OWNED--------------------------------

Scottehh...
03-04-2006, 03:27 PM
Only problem andrew wouldnt say sexy to you ;)

Steven.
03-04-2006, 03:31 PM
well after i installed the update yesterday it said on my virus protector that a recent attack to own my comp has been blocked and it was a trojan =\

also this is an rsd member? one of the most respected members I don't think you know much about clans and pking so i'll just say that rsd are in the top 20? owned.

Who cares if it is on the top "20" people can still make chat logs up.

also; it was posted on there, however it was got of the ds website, so you know how rumours can spread. ;)

Ezzie.
03-04-2006, 03:31 PM
Indeed but this is a highly respected member of the rs community which you wouldn't have experienced yet i gather?

Steven.
03-04-2006, 03:36 PM
Indeed but this is a highly respected member of the rs community which you wouldn't have experienced yet i gather?

Ohh yeh, i'm so sure they would keep SS up on rsc if it was. however, i've downloaded the new update and done virus scans, memory scans all of them, nothing. so what strider would say, STOP MAKING -swearword- RUMOURS UP AND STOP SPREADING THEM.

Overall i don't give a flying crud on this so called 'proof that SS is keylogged' as overall your just helping some overall pointless rumour be spread.

Just to help you out, i will get James to look into it for me and i bet you he'll return it as safe. (James = Just-One).

Bielby2ooo
03-04-2006, 03:37 PM
Should i get rid of it ?

I scanned the new Swift switch 2.21 and nothing found

just to beon the safe side

-uninstalls whilst crying :'(-

+how can they hack the sevral + 1000 that use it?

It was good

:Jamie
03-04-2006, 03:46 PM
I just wont download any updates til im sure..

LesbianGhost
03-04-2006, 03:47 PM
I get up this morning and what do I see? Loads of rubbish everywhere I look, forums, my PM inbox, my email inbox, IRC. Seriously guys how many times has this happened now? You should know by now that anyone can go around saying this that and the other about SwiftSwitch but untill what they're saying is actually logical and they have proof, why kick up a stink?

Please, all I ask is use some common sense. It's not hard to look at what's been floating around the forums and irc chat and see that it's comlete rubbish. A 10 year old could come up with something a little more believable. You don't even have to be computer literate to see through the rumours. Just use logic.

So for those still confused. No SwiftSwitch is not comprimised. The chat logs and quotes floating around are complete and utter bull. It's exactly the same as it has always been. If you still feel insecure, stop using it. It's your decision to use it or not, you arn't forced to.

In other news, it seems Jagex has added some new worlds so I'll get them added and try to get the the server status bug fixed and ready to release soon.
To put it simply, you're an idiot that needs to stop believing everything you read/get told.

Steven.
03-04-2006, 03:48 PM
To put it simply, you're an idiot that needs to stop believing everything you read/get told.

Ahh, i was about to open SS to get that :8 ty bbz.

bowrox
03-04-2006, 03:53 PM
LesbianGhost is right, it is fake

Ezzie.
03-04-2006, 04:14 PM
Also it wasn't THIS update that it was planned for, but to be honest I'm not going to use ss anyway as it is unsafe say if it got in the wrong hands imo

Calum
03-04-2006, 04:33 PM
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

micky.blue.eyes
03-04-2006, 05:18 PM
Guess this thread can be locked and put away, as Strider himself has said it's safe, why should we believe some people from a forum?

NOD YA HEAD! NOD YA HEAD! sorry, listening to Will Smith, nod ya head.

Bielby2ooo
03-04-2006, 05:45 PM
i can't nod my head , trapped a nerve or pulled a mucle in my neck :'(

-trys to nod-

-weeps-

:P

micky.blue.eyes
03-04-2006, 05:50 PM
i can't nod my head , trapped a nerve or pulled a mucle in my neck :'(

-trys to nod-

-weeps-

lol, random. :P

But I don't know about others, but I think you should just close this thread and let people read the first post and make them chose if they believe it or not.

Bielby2ooo
03-04-2006, 05:52 PM
Too right random xD

Ezzie.
03-04-2006, 06:13 PM
Ah you lot are funny im getting flamed for posting my opinion and also ash the same thing could be said about you for believing in strider. Also theese logs ive posted by somone else what i want to know is what do you think about ss and the costant rumours about it being keylogged?

LesbianGhost
03-04-2006, 08:05 PM
Ah you lot are funny im getting flamed for posting my opinion and also ash the same thing could be said about you for believing in strider. Also theese logs ive posted by somone else what i want to know is what do you think about ss and the costant rumours about it being keylogged?
Actually, it'll just turn into a fight and I can't be bothered. Comment removed.

Ezzie.
03-04-2006, 08:25 PM
Lol as you wish :) I never actually said that swiftswitch had viruses but I was quoting what somone else had said and i wanted to create a discussion on ss :) but apparently people like to start fights so point carrying on the thread.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!