PDA

View Full Version : Layout Practising...

Evasion
05-04-2006, 07:17 AM
I recently posted a layout for sale and many of you said it was very bad.
So I have put together this layout and if you could give me any constuctive critisism and what you think it rates out of 10 and anything you like about it that would be great.

http://habbovibe.net/layoutforsale2.png

Thanks, Evasion.

tbh imo no m8
05-04-2006, 07:24 AM
Too many diagonal lines :). But its better :D.

timROGERS
05-04-2006, 07:30 AM
Much better! Remove the text from the buttons though :)

quagmire
05-04-2006, 07:32 AM
Very nice layout, but as Move-Along said, the Diagonal lines look a bit weird..

Anderman
05-04-2006, 10:15 AM
The general layout idea is good - Colours, layout ect.
But the top banner is poor
And the text everywere looks rubbish

craigg.
05-04-2006, 02:50 PM
What ever you do, Keep it basic. If you look at all my websites, 90% of them are basic and can easily be done. Once I have created a WIP of the website and how I want it on paper, I then transfer it to the copmuter using Photoshop. But saying that, not all designs seem that nice once they are made (on paper and on the computer are two different things)

So I say, jot a couple of designs down on paper, pick out which one you like and create a WIP of the website in basic colours, such as black and white using the marquee tool and the fill tool, then start adding detail to it from there.

On this design, all I can say is that you need to pick pastel colours, not so vivid afterall, it is your web site and will be viewed by others. Try to move away from your favourate colours and ask the community what their favourate colour is and base it around that colour, also try to incorporate other colours such as if a average like blue, then try to incorporate purple possibly but keep is smooth not patches of vived colours.

If you were going to keep those "scan lines" try and reduce the opacity on them. I know a few tricks and I have picked up one which is, only keep a base text, a font text and a banner text which is;
Base text: Such as headings
Font: Main text (body text)
Banner: The main banner
They should be the only fonts that change, but the body text may over-rule the base text such as: <h1></h1> etc.

Sorry, I'm partially busy so I just wrote this in a couple of minutes so hopefully there is no spelling mistakes/typo's and most of all, I hope it makes sence.

- Craig.

Evasion
05-04-2006, 09:31 PM
What ever you do, Keep it basic. If you look at all my websites, 90% of them are basic and can easily be done. Once I have created a WIP of the website and how I want it on paper, I then transfer it to the copmuter using Photoshop. But saying that, not all designs seem that nice once they are made (on paper and on the computer are two different things)

So I say, jot a couple of designs down on paper, pick out which one you like and create a WIP of the website in basic colours, such as black and white using the marquee tool and the fill tool, then start adding detail to it from there.

On this design, all I can say is that you need to pick pastel colours, not so vivid afterall, it is your web site and will be viewed by others. Try to move away from your favourate colours and ask the community what their favourate colour is and base it around that colour, also try to incorporate other colours such as if a average like blue, then try to incorporate purple possibly but keep is smooth not patches of vived colours.

If you were going to keep those "scan lines" try and reduce the opacity on them. I know a few tricks and I have picked up one which is, only keep a base text, a font text and a banner text which is;
Base text: Such as headings
Font: Main text (body text)
Banner: The main banner
They should be the only fonts that change, but the body text may over-rule the base text such as: <h1></h1> etc.

Sorry, I'm partially busy so I just wrote this in a couple of minutes so hopefully there is no spelling mistakes/typo's and most of all, I hope it makes sence.

- Craig.

Thanks heaps.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!