PDA

View Full Version : New Badge - Habbo Council

Evolution
05-04-2006, 10:27 AM
Very creative badge in my opinion. :)

Witnezz
05-04-2006, 10:28 AM
To many badges these days, badges for that badges for this.

BuyingUSArares
05-04-2006, 10:29 AM
I agree and now all Habbo seems to be about is getting badges and having an improved status because you have a badge!

Lozzoling
05-04-2006, 10:31 AM
cute badge,its like a PROPER badge

deltateamaplha
05-04-2006, 10:43 AM
soon there will be so many badges they will become of no importance. There will be more habbos with badges than without eheh :P.

Antony
05-04-2006, 10:44 AM
Evo, Were these released today?

Evolution
05-04-2006, 10:45 AM
yes they were

Catchetat
05-04-2006, 10:45 AM
darn i was about to post it lol

Mit
05-04-2006, 10:52 AM
I like it, its a shame you never here about the council anymore :(

Kotu
05-04-2006, 11:10 AM
I think it looks really good ^_^.

ItsDave
05-04-2006, 11:12 AM
You should be able to buy badges these days, personally, I would buy the INFOBus badge and the halloween badge.

deltateamaplha
05-04-2006, 11:13 AM
You should be able to buy badges these days, personally, I would buy the INFOBus badge and the halloween badge.
That would put purpose out off them badges. But what about if they made a rare badge for 25 credits and put it in the catalouge for like week?

JackHb
05-04-2006, 11:18 AM
Nice badge :)

Zampo-III
05-04-2006, 11:21 AM
Lol
soon there will be badges for having badges

Its getting beyond a joke xP

Ithink having badges for the council and staff and stuff yeah. but for winning eventts and what not- its getting annoying and is making devides
bit silly if you ask me

!!HM!!
05-04-2006, 11:52 AM
grrr evo ;P i was going to post this to anyway.
we should be able to trade badges :P would be so much cooler

Desjardens
05-04-2006, 11:58 AM
darn i was about to post it lol
You cant beat him ;o

Catchetat
05-04-2006, 12:03 PM
yeh. pro in posting uk news lol

anyways LOL great idea if we could purchase badges XD

SAMURAl555
05-04-2006, 02:34 PM
lool im glad they have them i remember last year at my talkshow :Murdoch: had a 30 minute rant about them lool was funny :P

superkat
05-04-2006, 03:00 PM
I thought the idea was council members wouldn't have badges cos they are only really council members in the Habbo Council Drop-In and if you wanna identify them and give ideas to them in there then they would be behind the bar.

Typpi
05-04-2006, 03:02 PM
they were supsoe to get a bagde ages ago

Viking
05-04-2006, 03:17 PM
Nice badge, but too many badges. :P

Typpi
05-04-2006, 03:19 PM
I dont mind, U got that duck bagde u dont want it removed do ya? ;]

Arisham
05-04-2006, 03:19 PM
Getting a bit out of hand now with all these badges. Nice badge though.

Typpi
05-04-2006, 03:20 PM
Getting a bit out of hand now with all these badges. Nice badge though.
how? I dont get it its jsut a BAGDE

Rawr
05-04-2006, 03:31 PM
It's a nice badge but Habbo seems to be turning into a game over-ruled by power and badges.

RareIce
05-04-2006, 03:36 PM
I Like Them :)

Lubricant
05-04-2006, 03:44 PM
When the V8 pictures were leaked ages ago. They had images of people having a custom badge. You only had that badge in that room. Say you had a mafia, the staff only had the badge. Feel free to say if i'm wrong because I could be. I don't have those images on my hard drive anymore.

Billabong
05-04-2006, 03:47 PM
I think thats a great badge :)

heartQUIVER
05-04-2006, 04:14 PM
When the V8 pictures were leaked ages ago. They had images of people having a custom badge. You only had that badge in that room. Say you had a mafia, the staff only had the badge. Feel free to say if i'm wrong because I could be. I don't have those images on my hard drive anymore.

I thought i heard that somewhere.. i think my mate told me lol.

WAY many badges atm, especially the ones which people don't do anything for, e.g the love badges. All you had to do is stand in a public room and find SUPERLOVE-1,2,3 and you had it. No competitions (not for the people who won them beacuse of the 'Whos SUPERLOVE' competition which skaterchu and sarah won).
:rolleyes:

^^ it's a cool badge, lol. I was thinking about lets say if your new to habbo you get a badge saying 'Newby' or 'newbie, 'new', etc. And then higher ranks, but i guess that would cause even more social divides so thats out the window :$

ItsDave
05-04-2006, 04:22 PM
I dont mind, U got that duck bagde u dont want it removed do ya? ;]
The duck badges suck, everytime I see someone with one, its always errored or its got big pieces missing out of it.

Laurensh1
05-04-2006, 04:38 PM

They were somewere, sorry but i could not find them

Re101
05-04-2006, 04:47 PM
Badges are nice but the competition badges should be removed over a certain time. I also dont think the habb council need badges. I have some good friends on the council they all say they dont want a badge.

-:Undertaker:-
05-04-2006, 04:49 PM
Nice badges !

JackBuddy
05-04-2006, 04:51 PM
You can allways turn it off!

MattUH
05-04-2006, 06:31 PM
I thought the idea was council members wouldn't have badges cos they are only really council members in the Habbo Council Drop-In and if you wanna identify them and give ideas to them in there then they would be behind the bar.

Thats like the Fansite owners...

Cypher-
06-04-2006, 07:25 AM
I suppose this is the only relevent badge besides from HC, Staff and Habbo-X badge's. It tells us who the council members are, I agree that there are too many badges overall though, its another gimmick and incentive to continue playing Habbo.

Sapphire007.
06-04-2006, 07:47 AM
Badges are nice but the competition badges should be removed over a certain time. I also dont think the habb council need badges. I have some good friends on the council they all say they dont want a badge. I agree with that 99%. I think that the council should have badges for people who have not been on habbo long.

Aao
06-04-2006, 08:04 AM
http://images.habbohotel.co.uk/c_images/Badges/UK4.gif

Condas
06-04-2006, 12:12 PM
i thought it said habbo council members wont get a stupid badge,

oh wait callie's sticking up for the good children.

suckup's

Just-One
06-04-2006, 02:59 PM
I remember a time when all Habbo´s were equal and everyone (including the staff) treated everyone the same. Since Justine has come to play all its about is status and badges, this is meant to be a kids site trying to escape such things?

Anyway the badge looks nice, but Im realy against the free distr¡bution of badges, it discriminates against those who are hard working and deserve support. For example the recent Council nominations competition when they chose the 3 nominations each, they (as all little kids would do) chose mates who do help with habbo.. but how about those who run good rooms and nice communities.

A few people for example who are not involved with the "krew" inside the council who might have deserved a placement in the council are ofcourse the habbox gang, Sierk, Jackhb, seacat, 8freak8, properclone, (shoot me if I missed a member of mgt as Im only a new habboxian :P). You have those on habbo such as Landa who created a popular community, you have ecko, the suspiciously rich habbo, and you have those who constantly create new games on habbo like the Deal or no deal.. So many people, however people who I never see make a difference made the nominations? :S Whats going on!

Habbo has turned into something where status is all that matters, much of a virtual world that is, its like going from real life to another real life. Anyhow rant over about badges. :P

James

.Mike-
07-04-2006, 02:35 AM
Very creative badge in my opinion. :)
yes, I think so too.

Sapphire007.
07-04-2006, 06:53 AM
I remember a time when all Habbo´s were equal and everyone (including the staff) treated everyone the same. Since Justine has come to play all its about is status and badges, this is meant to be a kids site trying to escape such things?

Anyway the badge looks nice, but Im realy against the free distr¡bution of badges, it discriminates against those who are hard working and deserve support. For example the recent Council nominations competition when they chose the 3 nominations each, they (as all little kids would do) chose mates who do help with habbo.. but how about those who run good rooms and nice communities.

A few people for example who are not involved with the "krew" inside the council who might have deserved a placement in the council are ofcourse the habbox gang, Sierk, Jackhb, seacat, 8freak8, properclone, (shoot me if I missed a member of mgt as Im only a new habboxian :P). You have those on habbo such as Landa who created a popular community, you have ecko, the suspiciously rich habbo, and you have those who constantly create new games on habbo like the Deal or no deal.. So many people, however people who I never see make a difference made the nominations? :S Whats going on!

Habbo has turned into something where status is all that matters, much of a virtual world that is, its like going from real life to another real life. Anyhow rant over about badges. :P

James
Well said + rep

Kotu
07-04-2006, 11:51 AM
I don't think Landa plays Habbo anymore, her popular gay girl room was "adopted" by another person in her memory a while back. But of course, there are people who do a lot to improve Habbo for other people like Landa, who created a space where gay girls (and any one for that matter) can gather and feel secure in that room.

Unless you're thinking of another person.

Desjardens
07-04-2006, 12:08 PM
To many badges these days, badges for that badges for this.

I must agree, there are quite a few now a days.

Hobbit
08-04-2006, 12:37 PM
habbo council link

Billabong
08-04-2006, 12:42 PM
I think badges are good as its easy to recognise peoples jobs/positions at the hotel :)

As if there was a page with everyones names and jobs on... Well it just wouldnt work!

Coolmandan6
09-04-2006, 01:51 PM
I do agree there are alot of badges nowdays, and i admit most council members didn't ask for a council badge, however was given to show Habbo's who is part of the council when sometime they are not in the drop in. I also think the council needs to be more public to like a few said, no one hears of the council nowdays.

A few people for example who are not involved with the "krew" inside the council who might have deserved a placement in the council are ofcourse the habbox gang, Sierk, Jackhb, seacat, 8freak8, properclone, (shoot me if I missed a member of mgt as Im only a new habboxian :P).
James

Sierk used to be on the council, and back in the days when DJ-3000 was the forum manager, he was and still is part of the Council, Jrh & Wayne_J also were part of the council. I do like the council badge, good design however not sure if its needed.

Just-One
09-04-2006, 03:20 PM
Sierk used to be on the council, and back in the days when DJ-3000 was the forum manager, he was and still is part of the Council, Jrh & Wayne_J also were part of the council. I do like the council badge, good design however not sure if its needed.

Thats not what I am trying to get at, I used it as an example, plus I'm not a Habbo addict/eXpert so I am prone to mistakes.

What I meant was the selected few were peeps who have status for no reason at all or were mates with the peeps who nominated them. I am not going to list all those nominated and say whether they deserved to be nominated as I am in no position to say so, however alot of the people there are peeps who have done pretty much next to nothing for habbo compared to other people who have spent a long time making rooms and communities, they have more of an idea of better stuff for habbo as they use is the most. A bit like how you used to be before you shut down Wonder World.

The Habbo Council is about idea's inside habbo, then why is it always the same people involved in stuff? Surely a variety of idea's off other habbo's would be better than just mates of council members?

James

Edit:
Btw, before I get the rants etc etc, I think the council members are not to blame, seeing as they are all little kids who would instantly choose mates anyway, I think it was callie's stupid idea to use that method of nominations 'cause she probably knew full well what would happen! They should have done what they did with Superloved or Mr King/Queen Comps, 3 rounds so it let the habbo's decide, seeing as its about what the habbo's want!

8Freak8
09-04-2006, 04:59 PM
Yeah I like that badge, it looks like a Pixel Artist made it rather than a UK office staff.

laurenx
09-04-2006, 05:05 PM
I swear I saw the badges a couple of days ago, yeah I did!

Cos there was a forum in here showing noonie with the badge. And I member seeing the badge a few days ago...

laurenx
09-04-2006, 05:06 PM
I swear I saw the badges a couple of days ago, yeah I did!

Cos there was a forum in here showing noonie with the badge. And I member seeing the badge a few days ago...

I think theres to much badges these days, if someone doesn't have a badge they dont feel "part" of habbo.

I use to remember habbo a teenage place where you could have fun. But fun is no more.I'm bored on habbo, cos I dunno what to do.

Dior.

8Freak8
09-04-2006, 05:09 PM
Habbox Managment like myself, Properclone, Sierk and others represent a very large amount of Habbos - more than most council members ever will individually. We also have a huge amount of experience with dealing with Habbos, realising what people want etc.

Considering them qualities, some people might think that we would be good for the job - and yet no-one who works on Habbox is part of the Habbo Council (I think), and as far as I know none are Habbo Xs.

It is slightly odd.

Also, I used to think that Callie was ok with Habbox but it doesnt seem that way. I recently emailed her and Becs. Becs sent a nice long reply which answered all my questions and gave her opinion on Habbox (which was a very fair and respectful opinion).

Callie answered none of my questions. She ignored all further emails.

Neversoft
09-04-2006, 07:35 PM
Considering them qualities, some people might think that we would be good for the job - and yet no-one who works on Habbox is part of the Habbo Council (I think), and as far as I know none are Habbo Xs.

No, no. ThugDug works for Habbox and he is a HabboX

Undes1rable
09-04-2006, 11:12 PM
Hmm being a council member, i wasn't really bothered about the badge.. i don't like the design much, but for once.. people actually like the badge.. as it was drawn by a Habbo and not staff. With alot of people asking "who's council" and people walking in.. with "habbo council member" written in their mission - and not actually being in the council, i feel the badge does serve a good purpose. It helps to identify us, I'd still quite happily do council without the badge.. as there wasn't a badge when i was first accepted - it changes absoloutly nothing, none of us brag, the badge doesn't have any special "powers" .. unlike all the competition badges, who can overide the full room limit and stuff.

Neversoft
09-04-2006, 11:33 PM

No, no. ThugDug works for Habbox and he is a HabboX

Also, Urges is a HabboX and works for Habbox.

Ecko
10-04-2006, 06:14 AM
Habbox Managment like myself, Properclone, Sierk and others represent a very large amount of Habbos - more than most council members ever will individually. We also have a huge amount of experience with dealing with Habbos, realising what people want etc.

It is slightly odd.

Also, I used to think that Callie was ok with Habbox but it doesnt seem that way. I recently emailed her and Becs. Becs sent a nice long reply which answered all my questions and gave her opinion on Habbox (which was a very fair and respectful opinion).

Becs would reply with answered questions she checks them, but Callie doesn't cause it's not actaully her who reads them it's a team of other staff they deals with emails.

Jack.
10-04-2006, 06:44 AM
Nice badge. Looks cool.

alexxxxx
10-04-2006, 07:19 AM
I havn't really got a problem with badges....

Sapphire007.
10-04-2006, 08:20 AM

It is slightly odd.

Callie has a problem for Habbox dont know why proberly the reason it was removed from the Officails list.

Coolmandan6
10-04-2006, 08:23 PM

It is slightly odd.

I think maybe because i remember a time when Habbox had a slightly negative opinion on Habbo, or the managment. However i know alot of people who have been apart of Habbox, who are or were on the council. Sierk was on the council top guy at Habbox and the reason he was removed i think because he didnt show to meetings, if you felt Habbox had a influence to help Habbo's and gather what they want why didnt they do more so when Sierk was on the council, or when DJ-3000 was apart of Habbox and on the council. Im not judging habbox i really do love habbox however i think blaming the council itself for who is on it is a tad extreme, i mean the 10 new members are from different parts of Habbo, smaller communities. I dont think weather your working at Habbox gives you any less chances, take evolution for example someone who is quite involved in all of the Habbo yet hes a moderator at Habbox forum, and alot of regulars with Habbox and even staff at habbox are well involved with Habbo.

Im not defending anyone just trying to gather an opinion and trying to say mine. I think alot of people have been involved with Habbox at one point, I could make a long list, Well out of all council members past/present...
I used to work for Habbox, Mizki used to own Habbox, Cheezy2 worked for Habboxradio, Sierk owns Habbox, DJ-3000 used to be Habbox forum manager, MissAlice used to be Competitions Manager, Jrh Habboxradio Manager, Wayne_J part of Habboxradio, Moonglowgirl had related her plays with Habbox, had a page and forum usergroup. Personally i think alot of people who have been part of Habbox are involved in the community well.

Also callie has nothing to do with the Habbo-X's.

Just-One
10-04-2006, 09:45 PM
Well Dan,

How come no one nominated 8freak8, JackHB, or Seacat? Who are respected members of the Habbo Community for the amount of work they do for thousands of habbo's. They've never been chosen, instead you have peeps like... Ahh I'm not going to name people as thats out of order, but look at the people nominated, and some of those selected. Compared to those three above, it's rather stupid, isn't it? Anyway, me mentioning habbox staff was just an example so I dito the last two posts I made again here about the Council being for idea's yet just mates were chosen and not those who had made communitys etc who deserve some say, unlike those who don't have communities on habbo or use Habbo rooms all the time whom are in the council.

James

Coolmandan6
11-04-2006, 01:48 PM
Habbox Managment like myself, Properclone, Sierk and others represent a very large amount of Habbos - more than most council members ever will individually.

This comment i just dont agree with, It's almost insulting what each member is capable with. I understand working on Habbox forum gives you a wide range of Habbo's, but the target audience is very similar. Lots of members of the council have different target audiences with the communities they are involved in. Lots of members are part of help desks, forums, radios, fansites and habbo-x's. On the council there are some real great people, not boasting at all, i just feel saying you can represent a large amount of Habbo's more then any of us, it a bit drastic. End of the day sierk was on the council at one point, with 18,371 members on the forum now, that is alot of people to represent, however these people aren't just here.

I just think saying that is a tad unfair to members on the council, however i do agree someone from Habbox should be good on the council.

Kardan
11-04-2006, 02:16 PM
Council badge is the 54th badge I think...

Anyway I swear there was a thing in the newsie ages back saying Council members don't have and won't have badges... Hmm... :rolleyes:

Just-One
12-04-2006, 03:19 PM
This comment i just dont agree with, It's almost insulting what each member is capable with. I understand working on Habbox forum gives you a wide range of Habbo's, but the target audience is very similar. Lots of members of the council have different target audiences with the communities they are involved in. Lots of members are part of help desks, forums, radios, fansites and habbo-x's. On the council there are some real great people, not boasting at all, i just feel saying you can represent a large amount of Habbo's more then any of us, it a bit drastic. End of the day sierk was on the council at one point, with 18,371 members on the forum now, that is alot of people to represent, however these people aren't just here.

I just think saying that is a tad unfair to members on the council, however i do agree someone from Habbox should be good on the council.

Anyway, me mentioning habbox staff was just an example so I dito the last two posts I made again here about the Council being for idea's yet just mates were chosen and not those who had made communitys etc who deserve some say, unlike those who don't have communities on habbo or use Habbo rooms all the time whom are in the council.

James

It is about idea's for Habbo Isn't it? Why would someone who doesn't use Habbo for community rooms be apart of the council? Some people on the list are just DJ's which is pretty pathetic as they have no sort of community or do anything for habbo itself, the whole point of the council!

The voting Callie did was pathetic, they should have done a similar scheme as Superloved as we don't want "Council members" mates in the council to aid their social group, habbo's want those they want to promote their idea's, Habbo's should have chosen who got on the council, not given to a selected number of council members friends. If it went under vote, I doubt half the people selected would be in there now.

My comments in my last 3 posts still stand.

James

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!