PDA

View Full Version : Coldplay Concert

RedStratocas
05-04-2006, 07:07 PM
Coldplay is the 2nd most famous band Ive seen live so far, which is saying a lot since the 1st most famous is really hard to beat. I must say, the show was extremely good. I know when you listen to coldplay, you dont think of blinking lights, distortion, hyperaction, or swearing. But the concert was loud, amazing lighting effects (the lasers during 'Clocks' were awesome) and very energetic.
Not to mention, Chris Martin was pretty funny. During the song "Yellow", they released yellow balloons from the ceiling, which were very fragil, so after a few bounces in the croud they popped and glitter came out. Some went on stage and he smashed them with a guitar. They tried to release them perfectly in sync with the song so that the last one would pop at the end, but it didnt. So Chris kept saying the last word of the song over and over again (no instruments) until it popped. After about 30 seconds or so he said "Oh come on its not that hard", and it popped.
Also, one person near the front was talking on her cell phone during the concert, and Chris looked down at her and said "You're on your cell phone during a concert? Are you f---ing serious?" and then he invited her on stage if she wanted to make buisness calls. They played a song while she was up there and during the middle where there were just instruments, he looks over, and she is still on her phone, on stage, and he says "Oh my god, you are still on your phone, are you kidding?". :P After that song, she left the stage, and they performed 'Talk'. During the chorus, he took out her cell phone (apparently he took it) and started singing to the person on the other end.

You probably didnt read all that, but whatever.

Anyway, if you ever get the chance, whether you like them or not, see coldplay. Even if you think their stuff is boring, you wont be bored at the concert, its a lot more hard stuff than you think. Especially during Square One.

Chaz
05-04-2006, 07:10 PM
Sweet sounds awesome, i thake it this was in america right? ;]

RedStratocas
05-04-2006, 07:18 PM
Yepppers

Chaz
05-04-2006, 07:22 PM
I love some of coldplays songs, there not anything really 'special' but its great to listen to after a stressy day.

cocaine
05-04-2006, 07:25 PM
You probably didnt read all that, but whatever.

Course I did x]

Revis
05-04-2006, 09:43 PM
My bro and dad have seen them twice whilst I got to view the pics on the digi cam after... bastards.

Jordan3
05-04-2006, 09:45 PM
I love Coldplay, got all 3 albums, and wow. Me and my Mum are gonna try ang go next time they come to England. You're so lucky. =[

SHEEPY
05-04-2006, 09:46 PM
Yeah, Coldplay rule.

Jordan3
05-04-2006, 09:47 PM
So Chris Martin is not the boring person he is made out to be in real life when he gets on stage? Also, what did they open and close with?

RedStratocas
05-04-2006, 11:55 PM
So Chris Martin is not the boring person he is made out to be in real life when he gets on stage? Also, what did they open and close with?

Definatly not. He was running in the crowds, and the body guards/stage guards had to follow him. While he was running back, he took them by suprise and sprinted off and they had to follow him close back to the stage, but they couldnt catch up. Hes actually pretty fast. You could tell he didnt like having body guards so close like that. And he still had energy to sing while he was running.

They opened with Square One, which I kinda thought they were going to do. Dont know why, maybe because its the first song on X&Y, but I dont know. They closed with Dont Panic.

Jordan3
06-04-2006, 07:05 PM
Definatly not. He was running in the crowds, and the body guards/stage guards had to follow him. While he was running back, he took them by suprise and sprinted off and they had to follow him close back to the stage, but they couldnt catch up. Hes actually pretty fast. You could tell he didnt like having body guards so close like that. And he still had energy to sing while he was running.

They opened with Square One, which I kinda thought they were going to do. Dont know why, maybe because its the first song on X&Y, but I dont know. They closed with Dont Panic.

I thought they would of closed with Fix You.

RedStratocas
06-04-2006, 07:16 PM
I thought they would of closed with Fix You.

I think they wanted to go out louder

Jordan3
06-04-2006, 07:17 PM
I think they wanted to go out louder

I wouldn't really call Don't Panic one of the louder ones, I'd say something like White Shadows or Shiver.

RedStratocas
06-04-2006, 07:36 PM
I wouldn't really call Don't Panic one of the louder ones, I'd say something like White Shadows or Shiver.

Actually I forgot what was last. It was something loud.

RedStratocas
12-04-2006, 08:28 PM
Haha, hate to bring this up again, but here is the video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1dQ_w38ayoU&search=coldplay%20mohegan

Thats the end of 'Yellow' at the concert. You can see him smash the balloons with the guitar, and the end how he keeps the song going until the last balloon is popped:rolleyes: The sound quality actually isnt that bad for a concert recording.

PS, Im on the uper deck, not in this video

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!