PDA

View Full Version : A Strange Occurance - Ends 28th April

LewstherinII
06-04-2006, 09:36 PM
This competition is still running even though the poster is banned.

A strange occurance is to happen at the UK Habbo Hotel. It has been decided that the Hallway shall branch off to another Hotel! Visitors from another virtual land would be able to come in, trade and chat. But if this doorway could only lead to one Hotel; where would it be - and why? For this competition, we want you to write a newspaper article with at least one visual (You can upload pictures from your computer here. (http://imageshack.us/)) The newspaper article is about the Occurance and which Hotel it is leading to. It is also to mention why, through the general asking of people as a newspaper tends to do, for example:
"I think they chose the Chinese Habbo because the CNY passed not so long ago," a Habbo-X said.

In summary, your article must have -
1) Named the Occurance, something catchy, as this will be judged.
2) Stated clearly which Hotel the Doorway is going to.
3) Mentioned the opinions of other Habbos (and yourself) as to WHY the UK Staff chose this Hotel.

The prize will be a HC sofa kindly donated by Seacat.

To enter this competition you must be a registered member of Habbox Forum.

Your entry should look like:

Habbox Name:
Habbo Name:
(The Official Name given on the homepage for this event i.e Trading Week)-
The Hotel you have chosen:
My Entry-

One entry per Habbo ONLY, and per PC. Any additional entries will disqualify you completely from the competition.

To enter this competition you must be a registered member of Habbox Forum. Habbox is giving all its members (not habbox staff) the opportunity to enter competitions, just click on the post reply icon.

Terms and conditions: To prevent unfair competitions, we only allow one entry for each Habbox member and one pc. If more entries are sent using the same Habbox member and/or pc, all the entries will be withdrawn from the competition. You can send in your entry until the competition is closed at some time on the specified Habbox date. The winner will be announced in this forum and in this thread. They will be private messaged by myself to collect their prize. Habbox has the right to close the competition at any time before the competition ending date and the winner will be judged from all the entries received up to that point. Aquae will be judging the competition. Any harassment or attempted bribery will get you disqualified and could even get you into trouble on the Forum. ALL Habbox staff are excluded from participating in Competitions, unless Competition states they may. This includes all sites and departments that are involved with Habbox. Trialists may enter any competition whilst they are on trial. Any entries that break the forum rules in anyway will also be withdrawn. Prizes must be claimed within two months of the winner(s) being announced in the announcement forum. Unclaimed prizes will be used again in a future Competition or in any other Habbox competition event.

We don't want questions or comments, please. Do not under any circumstances post them! If you want to make a comment, please post it in the competition question/comments (http://www.habboxforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=607)forum or contact a Forum Moderator.

lew!
06-04-2006, 11:41 PM
Habbo(x) name: Gladin

Event name: The Unknown Depths of Habbo
Article:

Photography: Gladin Article: Gladin Newspaper: The Daily Jaffa Page 2
Depths Of Habbo Revealed
Callie has decided to hire a team of Explorers, To look for hidden parts of habbo hotel that Daisy may of Tryed to cover up, And there was a Breakthrough! In hallway 1, We have descovered a Secret Teleportation that teleports habbos to another Hotel.. What hotel you ask? The French One! In this day and age, They probberly couldnt build a longer one, But there may be more to Discover!

One of our Interviewers interviewed Daisy:

Interviewer: Daisy,Why did you cover it up?

Daisy: I didnt want anyone to see it incase somebody Scripted the code and made another teleporting to the Real world!

I: I Doubt that, But why didnt you try and get the Programmers to delete it?

D: I talked to one of the programmers, He said that the code was fragile and if he edited it, It may ruin habbo hotel Forever!!

I: Now that its out, What do you think should be done?

D: I think it should be allowed to teleport, But for staff only.

I: ok, Thanks for taking your time Daisy.

We asked some Spectators about this:

Gladin, Habbo - I think its a bad idea Opening it to staff. I think we should all be aloud to use it. I think its a peice of Habbo History. Like Discovering the Titanic or something.

Callie, Hotel manager - Splendid! I have done some research and found out the worlds biggest jaffa cake factory is in France, So they can just teleport my jaffacakes Here!, Err I mean.. Its a good idea!

But if you still dont have enough time to wait in line to get into the room, We have added a screenie!

-mad-monkey-
08-04-2006, 01:05 AM
Habbox Name: -mad-monkey-
Habbo Name: -mad-monkey-
(The Official Name given on the homepage for this event i.e Trading Week)- Bridging The Gap
The Hotel you have chosen: Finalnd
My Entry-

Bridging The Gap

Today, Callie, Manager of Habbo Hotel UK, revealed plans to connect the UK Hottel (.co.uk (http://www.habbohotel.co.uk)) with the Finnish Hotel (.fi (http://www.habbohotel.fi)) at a press conference this morning. The plan is, Hallway One in Habbo Hotel UK will connect with the Library in Habbo Hotel Finland! This, sadly, means that for the next week Habbos will not be able to access Hallway One on Habbo Hotel UK, and in Habbo Hotel Finland the Library will also be closed. There is a screen shot of the new look hallway posted below.

What do you think? I asked a couple random Habbos their views on the plans...

Joe:-,: I think it sounds fab! Habbos world wide, connecting to talk to each other![/INDENT]

Smiddy1234: Meh...

I also managed to catch Callie after the Press Conference for a quick interview...

-Mad-Monkey-: Thanks for this quick interview Callie.

Callie: No problem. My dog doesn't need walkies any way!

-Mad-Monkey-: Umm... Moving on, what do you think is the best thing about this whole connection?

Callie: The fact that people will be able to find some new friends!

-Mad-Monkey-: And what do you think is the next step for Habbo Hotel?

Callie: Jaffa Cakes, then world domination.

-Mad-Monkey: Okay.... Well thanks!

Callie: No problem :)

The Future

Could this be the first step towards connecting all Hotels, world wide? Think of the possibilities in the future... Just one big Habbo City! Different Hotels within it for different countries or languages, but other than that total freedom to ramble from hotel to hotel!

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6039/newhalwayview3kj.jpg

Neversoft
09-04-2006, 02:50 PM
Habbox Name: Neversoft
Habbo Name: Neversoft
(The Official Name given on the homepage for this event i.e Trading Week): Peace, NOT War.
The Hotel you have chosen: Habbo China
My entry below, Good luck everyone else.

Neversoft Inc. Newspaper 9th April 2006.

Peace, NOT War.

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/2329/competition7fp.png (http://imageshack.us)

Above is said to be the future of Habbo Hotel UK. Where thousands of Habbos will be meeting up in the Hallway for what is going to be one of the biggest events of Habbo Hotel History. Callie has announced that the Hallway will be joined together with another Hotel! Which Hotel you ask? Well, who else but Habbo China? Earlyer Callie said in an interview "Expect to see visitors in our Hotel Hallway very soon, as we join together with Habbo China! With their great Inventing and Marketing skills this will bring great Success to our community!" So, this VERY exciting event will happen soon! Read our whole Interview below.

Neversoft Inc. Interview with Callie (Current Hotel Manager) She has announced Habbo China will join with Habbo UK.

Neversoft: Hello, Callie. Thank you for letting me interview you.

Callie: No problem Neversoft! :)

Neversoft: So, where did you get the Idea to combine two Hotels through the Habbo Hallway?

Callie: Well, Me and a few others were in a meeting about the Future of Habbo UK. Then Lost_Witness suggested something to boost our Marketing skills. We sat discussing this matter for 15 minutes, then decided we should join with Habbo China as they have great Marketing Skuills and Inventing is just a bonus! Expect many new rares once this happens.

Neversoft: Excellent! So, do you have any Idea when you are going to go through with this?

Callie: It is a certainty that we will go through with this. You will see the two Hotels combining in the near future, however. I cannot give the exact date.

Neversoft: So we can expect a huge event on the day Habbo China and Habbo UK join in the Hallway?

Callie: Yes, I have something planned. A BIGGER THAN HUGE party with competitions and giveaways!

Neversoft: WOW! Hopefulyl I can attend that! But I've been wondering, wouldn't launguage be a problem? As not many People that live in the UK can speak Chinese!

Callie: Ah, Thats is where I am well planned. We are working on a transluator especially designed for Habbo, to be used in the Hallway to transluate both English and Chinese.

Neversoft: Looks like you have it all planned out very well then! Good luck, I'm sure it will work prefectly! But now, I have to bring tihs interview to an end. Do you have any last words for our readers?

Callie: Expect to see visitors in our Hotel Hallway very soon, as we join together with Habbo China! With their great Inventing and Marketing skills this will bring great Success to our community! Thank you Neversoft for interviewing me, it has been a pleasure! Goodbye. :)

Neversoft: No, thank you Callie, and goodbye! :D

Neversoft Inc. Article written by Neversoft. Signed: Neversoft

Edit by 2hd. Entry disqualified as staff can't enter this competition. Sorry that LewsTherinII said you could but i'm afraid you can't.

-mad-monkey-
17-04-2006, 11:21 PM
Why didnt it? There is a forum for staff competitions...
Edited by micky.blue.eyes (competition staff trialist):When posting in the competition forum, please only post competition entries. Do not post questions or comments it is not the place to so. If you need to ask a question, or feel it necessary to make a comment, then please send a message to one of the Competition Moderators or post in the competition question/comments forum.

James!
17-04-2006, 11:23 PM
As LewstherinII is banned, is this competition still running? :s
Edited by micky.blue.eyes (competition staff trialist):When posting in the competition forum, please only post competition entries. Do not post questions or comments it is not the place to so. If you need to ask a question, or feel it necessary to make a comment, then please send a message to one of the Competition Moderators or post in the competition question/comments forum.

2hd.
01-05-2006, 08:37 PM
Congratulations goes to -mad-monkey- who wins a club sofa! You will be contacted soon!

2hd.
04-05-2006, 08:23 PM
Prize in winners room: http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/1627/madmonk7un.png (http://imageshack.us)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!